PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

06MS6 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mmmmm, GPS beacon is so accurate, positioned me in the correct area of my house. My Mom's HTC (can't recall the model, beefier than the Sprint Mogul in both specs and size) with AT&T service doesn't get that close to the correct position, still respectable, but noticeably off somewhat.

Just curious, is the accuracy dependent on the device itself or more so on the satellites it connects with?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

Hellion is a n00b
Just thought I'd post what I'm getting...
Old 01-28-2008, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan 6800

fragility_v2 is a n00b
Quick somewhat related since i did the upgrade... install went ok and i can sync back up, but its not syncing my contacts. Am i missing something... yes it is selected in the settings to sync them. I think the gps works, it cant acquire any sats here in the apartment, but im not getting a no gps error either
Old 01-28-2008, 03:09 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Phone isn't waking up from sleep about 30% of the time now...Used to be about 10% with the old ROM...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Solitaryman is a n00b
Quote:
Quick somewhat related since i did the upgrade... install went ok and i can sync back up, but its not syncing my contacts. Am i missing something... yes it is selected in the settings to sync them. I think the gps works, it cant acquire any sats here in the apartment, but im not getting a no gps error either
Go to the options in activesync (on your desktop/laptop) And uncheck the contacts box. Then go back into options and check it over again. I have to do this every time I flash a new rom or hard reset for some reason. After you do that, they should sync like normal.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kisho is a n00b
Im stuck at the HTC smart mobility screen.
I've tryed soft/hard reset, titan_exitbl, and SD flashing.
I've also given it more than enough time to run its course.
&it never flashes back to the previous rom.
Is there anything else i could try to get out of it?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisho View Post
Im stuck at the HTC smart mobility screen.
I've tryed soft/hard reset, titan_exitbl, and SD flashing.
I've also given it more than enough time to run its course.
&it never flashes back to the previous rom.
Is there anything else i could try to get out of it?
Are you trying to flash back to a custom rom?Try to flash back to a official sprint rom and start again from there.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan
Well, I finally decided to take the plunge with this test rom. I have a stock mogul that never had a custom rom / kitchen installed on it. I start the install process which gives me an image error message. I then have to use the titan exit bootloader file to get back to normal.

My question is this.....do I have to install the unlocker file before this will work? I was under the impression that I only had to use the unlocker if I had custom rom or something.

I have tried to keep up with this thread but I'm seeing double. I did a search but it didn't really yield the answer to my question. Apologies in advance if I missed it!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
I'VE DONE IT!! A pat on the back for reading all 75 pages of this thread (I figured this was a pretty important flash, so I even stuck it out through the last pages of noob questions and double posters lol) I hope all these notes I've taken will make this a flawless process, will report back with any issues

......dang, took so long to read the thread I didn't even notice it was the 28th already. Think the official release is actually coming out today? Or will it be Feb or March like some have speculated?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

rambrush is a n00b
No need for a unlocker, use the file RUU_TITAN...that requires you to rename and add the the extra "E" that is missing.Like posted here all the time make sure you have all important info MSID and MSL # on hand if things go south.
This is what I used and it went so smooth and quick. I did not loose any MSL or MSID info just the usual go back and tweak the settings to your preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan View Post
Well, I finally decided to take the plunge with this test rom. I have a stock mogul that never had a custom rom / kitchen installed on it. I start the install process which gives me an image error message. I then have to use the titan exit bootloader file to get back to normal.

My question is this.....do I have to install the unlocker file before this will work? I was under the impression that I only had to use the unlocker if I had custom rom or something.

I have tried to keep up with this thread but I'm seeing double. I did a search but it didn't really yield the answer to my question. Apologies in advance if I missed it!

Last edited by rambrush; 01-28-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development