PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 06:24 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
So does anyone know the steps to manually update your vision services?
A nice trick that used to work (and may still work) was to log into Sprint's online account management, then go to the area where you can change passwords and set permissions for use of Vision and purchases. (settings and passcodes is the name of the menu if you are on the Ensemble billing system).

Change your vision user name or password, and it should automatically send the updates to your device (re-provision).

The standard "may take up to 4 hours" thing is in effect, but usually it happens right away.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

caimakale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I did not let the sprint customizations run after installing the rom last night and I haven't had any problems with GPS other than what's already been mentioned. In order to get TomTom to see the satellites, I have to run GoogleMaps first and connect to the GPS there.

I've done some speed tests that weren't very impressive, but it may just be the area I live in. I will get my wireless sprint card out later and do some speed tests for comparison.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
I took my Mogul out GeoCaching this morning. I wanted to see if it would work as well as my bluetooth GPS. I have to say it was pretty accurate. It brought me within about 3 feet of the cache. This ROM isn't perfect but it gives me a lot of hope.

Kevan
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
A nice trick that used to work (and may still work) was to log into Sprint's online account management, then go to the area where you can change passwords and set permissions for use of Vision and purchases. (settings and passcodes is the name of the menu if you are on the Ensemble billing system).

Change your vision user name or password, and it should automatically send the updates to your device (re-provision).

The standard "may take up to 4 hours" thing is in effect, but usually it happens right away.
Nice trick... I will try this.

I can dial out, just not hit the net. Hopefully this will help me out
Old 01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b
Ok, I am stuck pretty bad now. I have the Verizon 6800 and flashed the Sprint ROM to it. Everything went well, but since it was the sprint rom it would not connect to verizon towers.

So I reflashed back to DCDs VZW rom and that seemed to go fine, but after the reboot I am stuck at the HTC - Not for Sale screen. It will briefly display the Radio version etc, but nothing else. I try flashing other custom roms and get the same thing...

Any help please?!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:

Yup, this will solve the Data Provisioning 1012 error. If that doesn't do it then there is one more thing to try which is do a ##DATA# and do a restore/reset.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
First of all:

I followed all instructions to a tee, no problems installing, no GPS problems, No Bluetooth Problems. Everything worked great.

The only issue I am having is that Internet Explorer stops working. All other online functions seem to continue working, but I can't bring up a webpage. It just keeps saying "Opening....."

The only way to get it to work again is to soft reset. I have had to soft reset 5 times today to get IE back up and running.

Any suggestions out there?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:

It still works. I woke up this morning and it still wasn't working so I went and changed my vision password. Immediately, my phone woke up and did IOTA for about 5 seconds and everything has worked since.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
First of all:

I followed all instructions to a tee, no problems installing, no GPS problems, No Bluetooth Problems. Everything worked great.

The only issue I am having is that Internet Explorer stops working. All other online functions seem to continue working, but I can't bring up a webpage. It just keeps saying "Opening....."

The only way to get it to work again is to soft reset. I have had to soft reset 5 times today to get IE back up and running.

Any suggestions out there?
Mine started doing this as well. I have had to soft reset several times today. The difference is that when mine goes out, I also can't get maps to load in Google Maps and all that. Are yours still working when it happens (if you have tried GM)?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulnoX View Post
Mine started doing this as well. I have had to soft reset several times today. The difference is that when mine goes out, I also can't get maps to load in Google Maps and all that. Are yours still working when it happens (if you have tried GM)?
You know that may be the only thing I didn't try. Yes I do use Google Maps though. Next time it happens, which will probably be in a few hours I will try prior to soft reseting.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development