PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Got mine all working thanks to some help from Shadowmite and Luv2chill. Updated the SPL to Olipro.2.40 from the download Shadowmite provided. Ended up loading the rom from the microSD using the same instructions in the first post.

GPS works providing I startup google maps first. I installed MioMap 3.3 PDA and it worked on Com4.

It's fun to play around with, but I'll redo it with a custom rom once some more optimizations are done...probably later this weekend.

Pic below is from the PDA version of MioMap. Inside my house, I was able to lock onto 3 sats. Not too bad, but don't expect this to compete with a sirf iii GPS receiver.

I use the MioMap too, and I don't have to start Google maps for the GPS to start working. I just went in to the same screen you posted and select the config button and manually selected COM4 / 9600 baud.

I was really getting frustrated before trying that, because I couldn't get it to detect it on it's own.

BTW anyone get Internet sharing working with this ROM?

I went into EPST and changed to Mobile IP preferred,
Changed REG keys to 0 to avoid tethering detection and I still get error code 67 (registration failure)

I tried Internet sharing right out of the chute without any changes and got the same error. My internet/data works fine and the phone can make and receive calls.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Internet sharing works I was on it alot last night nice speeds to.I did remove[ "Extension"="rilphone.dll" ]from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-26-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
installed the rom last night and just got around to trying the gps.. picked up 4 sats in gmaps. now to find a good program for turn by turn directions.

any way to use the phone as a gps receiver for my laptop?

the rom being dated 12/5 is a great sign, it increases the likelyhood of more current builds including the rest of the things we were expecting (sprinttv, MMS, 6.1?)

fill the rest gaps and switch me over to ensemble so i can replace my cloned a900 with a legit razr2 and you have one less spiteful customer, sprint.

/oh and video drivers.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
My phone refuses to flash the new Rom, and I spent hours yesterday just trying to get the old one back on it, I finally did, but am wondering if any of you guys cook up a custom rom, would I have better luck flashing that one, and what would be the process in doing so would I have to Relock it first or Unlock it, and which program should I use to do so.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 (Sprint Mogul)

dotori is a n00b
Bootloader restart:

I keep seeing people say things like the bootlaoder restarts at 11% and thus it doesn't work. Try being patient. My bootloader DID restart at 11%, if by restart we mean it went back the colored bars and the progress bar dissapeared and windows also made the usb disconnect noise. However about 2 minutes later windows made the reconnect noise, and the progress bar returned and kept going from 11% onward.

Just give it time!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
I understand your advice, but I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to flash the rom to no avail, so I dont think time is the problem for me, Im just waiting on a custom rom to see if that will work better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotori View Post
Bootloader restart:

I keep seeing people say things like the bootlaoder restarts at 11% and thus it doesn't work. Try being patient. My bootloader DID restart at 11%, if by restart we mean it went back the colored bars and the progress bar dissapeared and windows also made the usb disconnect noise. However about 2 minutes later windows made the reconnect noise, and the progress bar returned and kept going from 11% onward.

Just give it time!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
im pretty sure they said MDN not MSL and if it is the MDN then its just your phone number.. also where is the love for the touch users.. i was sure that the update was supposed to be compatible with the touch as well.. what up with that? lol
You need the MSL to reprogram your MSN and MSID.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 (Sprint Mogul)

dotori is a n00b
Quote:
I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to flash the rom to no avail
Well that's just weird. There has to be SOMETHING different about the times it works and the times it doesn't. I'd be tempted to move the nbh files to a different RUU as suggested earlier in the thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotori View Post
Bootloader restart:

Just give it time!
Yup, same thing for me...it did it all on its own without any further input from me.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
I understand your advice, but I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to flash the rom to no avail, so I dont think time is the problem for me, Im just waiting on a custom rom to see if that will work better.
I had the same problems and did a flash straight from the microSD card which worked perfectly. The instructions are in the first post of this thread if you want to try it, but make sure you have the patched SPL installed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development