PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Also, the x-button isn't closing things by default when I 'X' them out anymore. I can still drop down the menu and end tasks but it used to just close programs by default when I hit the 'X'. Maybe it's something I just haven't set up yet.
This has always been fully customizable. Check System Settings, Task Manager and adjust it there. It defaults to closing only if you tap and hold, but you can switch it.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jourabchid is becoming a great contributor
after a couple hard resets, ive got it runnin pretty top notch, telenav is good, although id still like to find a better free"ish" software solution...

its pretty buggy no doubt about it, it is afterall a test release...but its lookin better then 2.17 in my eyes, rev a and gps alone make up for its other short commings...

my battery just died on me cause i couldnt put the damn thing down...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No RevA in this area but I already knew that. GPS works okay even putting the phone by the window works. It picks up 4 or 5 satellites and is only one road off on Google maps and the Sprint navigation program.

ARGGHHHHH!!! EVDO roaming has been removed! When I force roaming I only get 1X. If I flash back to 2.17 I get EVDO roaming back. The dumbest thing is we get EVDO here from Alltel on Sprint service and roaming, wonder why they removed this. I need this option for work so I can browse and watch the Slingbox since we don't get any Sprint signal in the building. Oh well... The GPS is cute but at the cost of no EVDO at work! OUCH! 2.17 here I come....
Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Ok.. I downloaded the file. Now what? I click it and just dos pops up for a sec and dissapears. What am i doing wrong? Am i suppose to run it on my phone?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr
I have a question... My bro is trying to install this ROM, but keeps getting the 260 connection error. He says he has a SPL-1.07.0000 bootloader. Could this be something to look into? Could the 1.07 bootloader be the source of most peeps install woes? Could this ROM only work with the 1.06? Just a quiestion to think about, since I know nearly nothing about the inner programings of these things...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcphone View Post
Ok.. I downloaded the file. Now what? I click it and just dos pops up for a sec and dissapears. What am i doing wrong? Am i suppose to run it on my phone?
If that's happening you need to extract it still. I noticed that at first, but if you've got winrar on your computer, right-click on the exe file and choose extract, and it will extract the *real* exe into a folder of the same name as the original file.

THAT file is the executable that you run to install this rom update.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by big3etr View Post
I have a question... My bro is trying to install this ROM, but keeps getting the 260 connection error. He says he has a SPL-1.07.0000 bootloader. Could this be something to look into? Could the 1.07 bootloader be the source of most peeps install woes? Could this ROM only work with the 1.06? Just a quiestion to think about, since I know nearly nothing about the inner programings of these things...

I was having the same problem.. i ended up rebooting my computer, trying it a few more times and in installed part of it. If you are running vista you have to update a WMDC driver. Look in the Sticky thread about getting stuck in the bootloader and follow the instructions for the vista RUU update ability. If you are running XP, continue running the app until it works i guess.. im running vista so thats what I did.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff
BIG3 reboot your computer and connect your phone again that should work for you something is conflictiong with the usb connection
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

eyecannon is a n00b
Are most of you skipping the Extended_ROM stuff? I'm wondering if something in there needs to be run for GPS to work.

Also, what about IOTA_1128.CAB?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecannon View Post
Are most of you skipping the Extended_ROM stuff? I'm wondering if something in there needs to be run for GPS to work.

Also, what about IOTA_1128.CAB?
As near as i could tell (from following this thread all day) it seems like it's a good idea to let it install all the junk, do a hard reset, let it install all the junk, and then after that, if you want, you can hard-reset again and then skip the sprint customizations.

It's probably not necessary but that was the drift I was catching.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development