PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: balls

fumanchu182 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update only froze once at 11% followed the on screen instructions to restart, worked like a charm. In the process of re installing my apps, first one to go in is def going to be google maps.

thanks for the rom!

-----------------------------

Edit:

On with CSR (the advanced ones cause my IOTA was bombing out). The 3.16 release fries the HTC motherboards and he told me to remove it as they have 3 confirmed cases so far and the reason it got pushed back till march is that they are in the process of testing it now. I am still on the phone with him as of 2:22 as he is trying to help me reset the IOTA FOR 2.17. Will edit this again with more info.

-----------------------------

Edit #2:

IOTA will not work on my phone, I need 2.17 back anyone have a link to downgrade as I will wait for official release.

Last edited by fumanchu182; 02-04-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
On with CSR (the advanced ones cause my IOTA was bombing out). The 3.16 release fries the HTC motherboards and he told me to remove it as they have 3 confirmed cases so far and the reason it got pushed back till march is that they are in the process of testing it now.
I'm curious. . . how would software be able to fry hardware? This doesn't seem logical.

As far as the audio output goes, it seems that the stock headphones work fine, but the OEM mini-usb splitter that converts to the 2.5mm audio jack doesn't work. Why would that be?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

suprap7 is a n00b
Does anyone who has rev A actually seeing a Rev A Icon? I am in a major city and think I might be getting Rev but i'm not sure....
Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up

I put this on my phone as of 2 Feb and have been using just about every function that I can on the phone except IOTA (as I don't have the service in my current location). With the install I had zero problems. I did notice the 11% "hang/ pause" but the update installed without me having to do anything but sit and be patient. The whole process took about 12min.
The first thing that I did was let it install all the Sprint crap so that I would not miss an update. After that I did a hard reset 2x allowing the Sprint crap install both times. At this point I started to use the phone. I downloaded a copy of Google maps just to see if it would work. (using the WIFI option on the phone) On first start of the program I made sure that Google wasn't looking for an external device and then stepped outside. After about 5 min. I got a lock on 5 satellites and a normal error rate of about 5-10 feet.
Shortly after that I took a walk around (as far as the WIFI signal would let me) to make sure that it was tracking... it was and held true to the error rate.
After that I had the thought of getting a stand alone GPS program for the phone (d/l a copy here www.efficasoft.com) called GPS Utilities. This program gives you a little more options to see what the phone is doing. It worked flawlessly with the "auto search b/t GPS receiver" turned off and the com port set to 4 and 9600 buad. With this program I can get about 5-9 Sat's and an average error rate of about 4 feet.
The only complaint that I have about this ROM is that is can make the phone sluggish and unresponsive... which makes for a soft reset. (something at this point I can live with) Like I said I have tested about ALL of the features on this phone with this ROM and so far I think that it's 10x better than anything previous.
Also, as a test I rolled back to the 2.17 ROM just to make sure that I wouldn't void my warranty. the instructions in the thread are spot on as I was able to use the un-locker first and then run the 2.17 ROM update until... which I quickly updated back to 3.16. (again with no problems)
Coke-- GREAT find and post!!! Can't wait until this thing becomes final!

********EDIT********
I forgot to say what spec's I installed this from:
Win XP(sp2) laptop using the latest Active-sync.
Using PRL Ver. 60610 (same one that comes with the update).
I am currently using the Digital Roam for regular phone and SMS (no errors)
No problems with the USB connections (both OEM and the 2.5mm splitter)
More... as I remember them.

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 02-05-2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: ******EDIT*********
Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
NKT
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

NKT is a n00b
Well, I have to say...

THANK YOU!!!!!

I was able to flash my VX6800 to dcd's 2.1.0 and radio upgrade to 3.27.00. It was a little tricky for me, since this is my first time trying something like this. But, with all the info given here in this thread and over at XDA, I made it through without a scratch!!! I reloaded Google Maps and turned on GPS. I sat the phone a window sill for about 5 minute when I heard a "DINK". Go and look and it locked onto 5 Sats and had my location pinpointed!!!

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

Now I'm off to reload my programs and contact info. Anyone know of a good FREE navi program? I'd like others thoughts on what's good and what is not

Again, THANK YOU!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Ok, first post done...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Mogul

JustinNorthcutt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
I put this on my phone as of 2 Feb and have been using just about every function that I can on the phone except IOTA (as I don't have the service in my current location). With the install I had zero problems. I did notice the 11% "hang/ pause" but the update installed without me having to do anything but sit and be patient. The whole process took about 12min.
The first thing that I did was let it install all the Sprint crap so that I would not miss an update. After that I did a hard reset 2x allowing the Sprint crap install both times. At this point I started to use the phone. I downloaded a copy of Google maps just to see if it would work. (using the WIFI option on the phone) On first start of the program I made sure that Google wasn't looking for an external device and then stepped outside. After about 5 min. I got a lock on 5 satellites and a normal error rate of about 5-10 feet.
Shortly after that I took a walk around (as far as the WIFI signal would let me) to make sure that it was tracking... it was and held true to the error rate.
After that I had the thought of getting a stand alone GPS program for the phone (d/l a copy here www.efficasoft.com) called GPS Utilities. This program gives you a little more options to see what the phone is doing. It worked flawlessly with the "auto search b/t GPS receiver" turned off and the com port set to 4 and 9600 buad. With this program I can get about 5-9 Sat's and an average error rate of about 4 feet.
The only complaint that I have about this ROM is that is can make the phone sluggish and unresponsive... which makes for a soft reset. (something at this point I can live with) Like I said I have tested about ALL of the features on this phone with this ROM and so far I think that it's 10x better than anything previous.
Also, as a test I rolled back to the 2.17 ROM just to make sure that I wouldn't void my warranty. the instructions in the thread are spot on as I was able to use the un-locker first and then run the 2.17 ROM update until... which I quickly updated back to 3.16. (again with no problems)
Coke-- GREAT find and post!!! Can't wait until this thing becomes final!

********EDIT********
I forgot to say what spec's I installed this from:
Win XP(sp2) laptop using the latest Active-sync.
Using PRL Ver. 60610 (same one that comes with the update).
I am currently using the Digital Roam for regular phone and SMS (no errors)
More... as I remember them.
Ok, I'm giving in, and asking for some help. I've tried everything everyone on here and other sites have suggested. 3.16, no2chem/dcd/etc rom's, SPL2.4, IOTA_1128.cab, everything, and I can't get IOTA to work. Everything else works for me, but not IOTA. I've rolled back to 2.17 for now to get my data access working (it's why I wanted a PDA phone--to have remote exchange access), but I love the other ROM's for GPS and EVDO-A access and windows mobile 6.1, but just can't seem to get data working.

So, any ideas? I've gone through several of the step by steps, let it sit for a while, even tried to get Sprint to help. The only thing I haven't done is reset my password at Sprintpcs.com.

And sorry I'm asking newb things, but this is frustrating.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work
I had the same problem i had to wait an hour for everything to kick in. when i upgraded it even put me on roaming for a while. i decided to just let everything simmer for a bit. then it started working.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
Have you tried the audio out with the 2.5mm splitter, or just the usb? It seems that several of us have documented that the audio function isn't performing. I'm curious if that is universal with this ROM, or just an isolated issue.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 600 > PPC6700 > Mogul > HTC Touch Pro

bigknoxy is just getting started
worked great

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
I just wanted to report to everyone that I used the above download and everything worked great. Downloaded to my computer, installed from the computer on the first time w/o errors, and the GPS is working from Google Maps and LiveSearch. I have tested BT (via Stereo headphones), line out through the usb/headphone adapter that comes w/ the phone. Also, I seem to be getting better performance on this ROM (Memory-wise), esp. compared to the latest state of my last ROM.

Great find. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I will probably get flamed for this question but Is there anyway for this to be packaged for install without going thru all the locking, unlocking, code stuff, etc?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development