PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkidd26 View Post
MY PHONE IS STUCK IN THE BOOT LOADER i tried everything even a regualar hard reset from the soft keys it looks like this except on a titan plz plz plz help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgmfytztbI
You can reset to the boot loader (rainbow screen) by holding down the power and camera buttons on the side while pressing the reset button on the bottom.

Once you have done this, you can plug it into your computer and flash to the ROM of your choice. You can also flash straight from the microsd using the instructions on the first post of this thread.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: Qwest

kraigka is a n00b
Does this new ROM version 3.16.651.0 upgrade work with the Qwest Mogul handset? I may be wrong, but this ROM upgrade was for the Sprint Moguls?? Correct me if I'm wrong because my Bluetooth is crappy!!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
I haven't heard of any problems or experienced any problems myself by bypassing the customization.

I would recommend, however, letting the cutomization run one time, then hard reset and bypass them the second time.
By the way any idea how much space we actually save if we by pass all that crap? I never do a soft reset before letting the customizations run, because I might change my mind and want to use of it..lol..just real fickle like that I guess, but was just curious.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

JC Disciple is a n00b
i love this new ROM. only problem my DATA doesnt connect while roaming. =/. the GPS makes up for it.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint/SERO

sprinttechy is a n00b
Anybody using a SDHC card with this? Mine is not being seen. And yes I did reinstall the SDHC.777.cab file.
Edit: WOW! this ROM supports SDHC cards already!! woot woot !!!
I hard reset and it sees the card.

Last edited by sprinttechy; 02-03-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

JasonBergenske is a n00b
Everytime i try to update rom... it wont move... stays at 0% finally times out... please help
Old 02-03-2008, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started
Couple quick questions before I completely brick my phone:

Will my old programs (I've got 2.17 right now) still run on this new ROM?

Isn't a hard reset a complete "factory restore"? How do I back up everything that's on my phone now?

Most importantly though, will this work with an Alltel HTC Titan?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902

wzach is just getting started
Beta

Ive seen some people who posted rev a speeds of 200k up. what city or metro are. you in? i have yet to confirm this rom has rev a. Confirmed this is a test version of this rom and due to that it was pushed back for release in march. People are probably laughing at us because we are doing the beta for them....free....what a bunch of suckers we are huh?
Anyway, the only rom i coud install was the rapidshare version that i corrected the downloaded file name from .ex to .exe and it came up with a stock htc rom upgrade utility.
Loaded the first time with that one. Have confirmed that if you enter your info or call customer care to activate the Sprint Nav services you will be charged , I added it today. Just like if you had the bluetooth recevier for service. Common sense......
If you are having trouble, start at page 1.

Last edited by wzach; 02-03-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: sprint

zarlof is just getting started
After installing

I hard reset my phone and killed all backgroupd apps on my XP machine. The PC installer worked fine. A few intresting events or questions answered.

First, the DATA would not provision (IOTA) unless I let the customizations install. It may work but my Ninja skills must be lacking and I don't wand to change the bootloader for the radio.

Second, Softick Card Export 2 version 3.07 (up to date) will not work. ;O( No solution that I know of.

Third, I am using a SDHC 8GB San Disk card in the phone with this rom.

Fourth, someone said that the phone may loose the setup. It did not with my install.

Last, The Microsoft Voicecommand headset conformations are working! That clinches the deal for me. No going back for Card Export.

Zarlof
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzach View Post
Ive seen some people who posted rev a speeds of 200k up. what city or metro are. you in? i have yet to confirm this rom has rev a. Confirmed this is a test version of this rom and due to that it was pushed back for release in march. People are probably laughing at us because we are doing the beta for them....free....what a bunch of suckers we are huh?
Anyway, the only rom i coud install was the rapidshare version that i corrected the downloaded file name from .ex to .exe and it came up with a stock htc rom upgrade utility.
Loaded the first time with that one. Have confirmed that if you enter your info or call customer care to activate the Sprint Nav services you will be charged , I added it today. Just like if you had the bluetooth recevier for service. Common sense......
If you are having trouble, start at page 1.
the rom has rev a, and it is working for most of the rev a advertised markets right now. coverage is still being rolled out it appears. i know that for myself i work in the dc area and rev a is up there. but where i live about 50 miles away its not available and the drop off is pretty notable.

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development