PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a quick update... for those who have been reporting Internet connection droppage using PIE. Looks like mine has somehow worked itself out, no hangs, Rev A is evident now, and most greatfully PIE doesnt completely lock my phone... there are a few things i tried that i feel contributed but I'd like to get feedback from those who were experiencing these issues first.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan
Unhappy Having trouble downgrading back to 2.09 - Help Please

Hello,

My Mogul came with Rom 2.09 with which I never had any problems. I never ran any custom roms either. I upgraded to the new rom version 3.16 to check out the Rev A and GPS. Unfortunately the GPS doesn't play well with my Iguidance GPS software so I am wanting to go back to Rom 2.09.

I just connected my Mogul to my PC and ran the 2.09 rom and it went through the process of checking my phone and then the screens came up telling me my existing version of the rom and I hit continue. My phone went into the bootloader screen for a few seconds and then I get a message on my computer screen that says "Error [328]: Invalid Command - Update Utility can be used. Check update utility". My phone then exited the bootloader and restarted normally back to the 3.16 rom.

I searched this thread and found one post asking how to downgrade but I never found a reply that answered the question or addressed my particular issue.

What am I doing wrong? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much
Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

illa87 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd5ftn View Post
Here to report everything is working fine for me!*
Stock Rom: 2.17.671, using the update from here

The Updater ran smoothly, no errors (Mogul disconnects and only says 11%, PC continutes going up)

First Boot: Sprint Customizer takes about 2 minutes

Boot Screen, shows "Test Only"

My Device screen: Oddly, my Current Username is different than what it used to be - in the past it was nickname@sprint something. I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

Starting Google Maps for the first time. Note that it does take a while to find the satellites the first time around. GO OUTSIDE TO TRY THIS!

Google Maps working!!! It's about 10ft off from where I'm actually standing.

I've also confirmed that telephone calls are still working fine.

*Note that my brother also has a Mogul and first had several errors during the update process (error 270 communication error). He's also reporting trouble getting a signal and EVDO. so YMMV!
Hello All, What is weird is that I have all the same settings as shown in the above pictures. And everything installed smoothly. My phone even says I have GPS. But when in Google Maps, The satellite will not locate the GPS.

and when I try Sprint Telenav, it says my signal is too weak, or update gps settings.

Anyone know whats wrong? I have excellent service/internet connection.

Can Someone help? Thanks!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

p0ww0ww0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to p0ww0ww0w Send a message via Yahoo to p0ww0ww0w
I just had a quick question. if i dont let the customization take place after the hard reset of the 3.16.651.0 rom what programs will i be missing out on. other then the sprint navigation because i found a cab for that.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
man weirdest thing happened today.

program memory went down to 70mb and my battery was going down to 40% in just minutes... hard reset and back to normal .. bout to jump on dcd rom and see whats up since i havent installed crap on my phone yet
Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ww0ww0w View Post
I just had a quick question. if i dont let the customization take place after the hard reset of the 3.16.651.0 rom what programs will i be missing out on. other then the sprint navigation because i found a cab for that.
The only other one that you will need is the IOTA.cab.
You can get that either from the extended rom or find it searching on here.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan
I was able to figure out the downgrade problem......I had to run the re-locker program first.
Thanks very much!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600>6700>6800>TP1>Touch Pro2>Evo4g>Evo3D

XIII is a n00b
I upgraded 3.16 and everything is better than 2.09. Only one problem I am having is the usb no longer provide audio for wired headset. Does any one have this problem? Other than that, this is the best rom for Mogul up to date.

edit: Looks like the usb adaptor is no longer worked. I used the original headset came with the phone and heard the music again. Too bad I have to give up the bose tripot to listen to music, but traded for GPS I suppose it is a fair trade.

Last edited by XIII; 02-02-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: usb audio work with the original headset from the box
Old 01-30-2008, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
I upgraded 3.16 and everything is better than 3.09. Only one problem I am having is the usb no longer provide audio for wired headset. Does any one have this problem? Other than that, this is the best rom for Mogul up to date.
I'm sure you meant 2.09 and not 3.09.
Anyway, what about your data speeds. Mine were all over the place and half of the items on the Internet that I wanted to download - it would just fail. Have you noticed any of that?

Last edited by quantumforce1; 01-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I haven't said this in about 3 days. Again Thanks Kmart for this 3.16........You the man...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development