PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
up and running , gps fine but slower data

I finally got it loaded and went thru the customizations and seem to be in good order with one BIG issue,,If i missed a post here I apologize, but I am way slower on my data than before,,any suggestions?? I was running 600-1100kbps (Dallas area)before on my mogul. After the new ROM update I am averaging 200's. My son's ppc6700 is still runnin g fine but mine doesnt seem to even pick up a sniff of the EV it had before,,AllI get now is a fewbars, .Is this a radio issue possibly?? I was running the Sprint default ROM before,,Ireally could use some thoughtful input as I am perplexed..It's as if my antenna dropped out...anxiously waiting. Gps does me no good if I cant load a map quick enough ...

Last edited by lefty11; 02-21-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

gray_fox_9 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to gray_fox_9
Re: up and running , gps fine but slower data

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
I finally got it loaded and went thru the customizations and seem to be in good order with one BIG issue,,If i missed a post here I apologize, but I am way slower on my data than before,,any suggestions?? I was running 600-1100kbps (Dallas area)before on my mogul. After the new ROM update I am averaging 200's. My son's ppc6700 is still runnin g fine but mine doesnt seem to even pick up a sniff of the EV it had before,,AllI get now is a fewbars, .Is this a radio issue possibly?? I was running the Sprint default ROM before,,Ireally could use some thoughtful input as I am perplexed..It's as if my antenna dropped out...anxiously waiting. Gps does me no good if I cant load a map quick enough ...
You might want to update your PRL...when you upgraded to the new ROM the PRL went back to the first version. If you have your MSL, download it to the storage card and install if yourself with ##PRL#. Should be version 60711 I beleive. Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

would help if I knew where to get the updated prl..thanks I am guessing by dialing *2 and requesting?? found it I think,,thanks

Last edited by lefty11; 02-21-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well that PRL update did not seem to help. I dont even get the EV on my display anymore...Is anyone else having these issues? I went from nice speeds to almost a crawl/ it really seems to hang a lot on the dslreports 1MB test ..Suggestions please// I am in Dallas area and not sure we are REV A up and running but I know even before we had up to 1100 kbps at times .. My son's 6700 is still doing well but this has crippled my data thruput rates. Help oh Obi Wan

Last edited by lefty11; 02-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Fixed EVDO issue (operator error)

well I totally feel like an idiot, nut still a happy idiot with a working ROM. I called Sprint and went thru a tier 2 aand then an escalated tier after that and all they could tell me about my missing EVDO was that I would probably have to return the phone. Well I stumbled on my problem this morning and i am not sure who should feel sillier, myself or Sprint service... I had accidentally turned the wifi switch on the side of the unit to the ON position after my Rom update.The 2 Sprint techs I spoke with never even had a clue either. This would not allow the unit to get the EVDO connection but would allow slower connection without using WIFI.. Wow, then when I turned the switch off, my EVDO came back.
No need to flame me or insult me, I just always used the comm manager before and rarely needed the wifi connection. I feel stupid ( I know I should) but I can say until the released version from Sprint coms out, this ROM Kicks A..... Thanks Kmart...
Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio , TP2 , TP, Omnia, XV68, 67, and 6600
Carrier: Verizon

timshady337 is a n00b

For Those on VZW. I tried this upgrade and i didn't have voice or data. i called vzw and they had to reset my A-key (26digitnumber) for data (wrong username or pasword) in connections settings your username is your 10 digit cell# @vzw3g.com and your password is vzw. check save password and you are in! i had to dial #228 send option 1. if still no luck have VZW reset your data. If this has already been stated sorry for the double post. I read 80 pages straight and i gave up and called VZW for help. Thanks to all who made this possible. Thanks VZW Customer Svc. also.

Last edited by timshady337; 02-22-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Lurker

emooney is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrid View Post
My Mogul seems to reset the time and date sporadically, making the alarms useless. Any ideas what could be causing this? I am using Garmin XT and pTravelAlarm.

Garmin XT seems to work great, and it is less than 100 dollars

Thanks
motrid
It's definitely Garmin conflicting with this ROM. I didn't have this problem with my stock ROM and no other GPS app I have on my phone (reperion, gypsii) tries to change the time. I've done a hard reset and only installed GMXT and reproduced the problem. I tried upgrading my GMXT software to latest (4.10.40w) and it still does it.

Looks like we're gonna have to wait for the real ROM to come out. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

BTW -
Old 02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

xxdbkxx is a n00b

Pretty straight forward and everything seems to be working.....EXCEPT my internet browser is a little wacked out. It's functioning properly, just isn't quite right in appearance......any ideas?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800 - Mogul

WildSioux is a n00b

First, great job and thank you for this ROM kmart!

I installed this ROM when it first came out. Then last week I went to a ROM that no2chem made with WM6.1 and the gps enabled. But I came back to this ROM because it is less buggy and not a memory hog like the no2chem rom. No offense to no2chem, but it just didn't work on my Mogul.

Everything has been working great with the kmart ROM. GPS works, BT works, voice dial, all of it. And memory has been about the same as with the stock rom. However, the only problem I have is with my WiFi.

Please, I would like an answer to this to see if anyone else has or hasn't had this problem with their WiFi. I flashed this with the WiFi switch on (if that helps). Before the flash with the stock ROM, I left the switch on and just used the software Comm Manager (\Windows\wrlsmgr.exe) to turn on/off WiFi. WiFi would remain off even with a softreset. I would just go in and turn on in software comm manager.

Now, after flashing this kmart ROM, I leave everything the same. WiFi switch on, WiFi off through Comm Manager, and softreset. WiFi is on after it boots up.

Why does this happen? Does anyone know the registry settings to have WiFi remain "OFF" or Auto Off at startup? I looked around and the only thing I could find was something about the HTCPreLoadWiFi settings which aren't in my registry.

I would be very happy if someone came up with a solution to this. I don't like having wifi come on at startup since I just turn it off anyways. And then on when I need it. I would even pay someone a little if this can be solved.

Thankyou!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

not sure why this happened but I did same thing and afterwards it constantly displays newly found wireless networks and is quite a pain..I can tell you, in case you did not know, that by leaving the wifi switch ON you will probably not get the EVDO REV A or any EVDO at all so why would you want it on , unless u were in a non EVDO area??/ I guess it just depends. I think this ROM runs pretty smoothly for most part.. A bit more sluggish possibly, and it seems to be a little slower locking in the GPS after its on, I highly recommend ASTROGPSLAUNCHER if using TomTom. Also if someone could private message a link or two to some newly updated "trial" navigation maps..I'd appreciate it..Iam currently using TT 2006 ,,,
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development