Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
nosmohtac
Regular 'Geeker

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Got mine all working thanks to some help from Shadowmite and Luv2chill. Updated the SPL to Olipro.2.40 from the download Shadowmite provided. Ended up loading the rom from the microSD using the same instructions in the first post.

GPS works providing I startup google maps first. I installed MioMap 3.3 PDA and it worked on Com4.

It's fun to play around with, but I'll redo it with a custom rom once some more optimizations are done...probably later this weekend.

Pic below is from the PDA version of MioMap. Inside my house, I was able to lock onto 3 sats. Not too bad, but don't expect this to compete with a sirf iii GPS receiver.

I use the MioMap too, and I don't have to start Google maps for the GPS to start working. I just went in to the same screen you posted and select the config button and manually selected COM4 / 9600 baud.

I was really getting frustrated before trying that, because I couldn't get it to detect it on it's own.

BTW anyone get Internet sharing working with this ROM?

I went into EPST and changed to Mobile IP preferred,
Changed REG keys to 0 to avoid tethering detection and I still get error code 67 (registration failure)

I tried Internet sharing right out of the chute without any changes and got the same error. My internet/data works fine and the phone can make and receive calls.