PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.1 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/31/2011

New .zips posted on the blog:

HTC Thunderbolt Fonts
HTC Thunderbolt Calculator
Fascinate Email

See my twitter for screens: @midNIGHT_ROM
Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I feel ever so honored.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/off-topic/...ess-month.html

guys please post your thoughts or links to what your town is doing for autism month. thanx guys, i wanna keep this thread i started bumped so people other than us can read about autism.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djfujiyama is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Was putting off the upgrade to 5.0 but recently got the boot loop again. It seems to happen completely randomly but mostly when I'm out at a bar or something. Murphy's law i guess. This is literally the 3rd time this has happened in the evening when I'm away from the computer.

Last time it happened a couple of weeks back. Prior to that it was 3 weeks before. Basically i pull my phone out of my pocket randomly and it's showing the boot animation. Except it sits there forever trying to boot. You can feel it vibrate every so often which i guess is when it's looping. A soft reset just puts it right back in the loop.

I've had this issue since at least midnight version 2 or so. I've tried wipe 3x, going back to stock, ODINing stock roms, and just about everything else.

Gonna try 5.2 but I expect it to boot loop again in a few weeks.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I've tried everything I can think of. It seems to be fine for about 2-3 weeks then happens again spontaneously. Usually when it's in my pocket not being used, and usually when battery is less than 30%.

Been on EXT4 Journaling for most of that time, though i think it was happening on RFS too.

Any help or ideas would be awesome. I'm almost ready to just permanently go back to stock to get rid of this. Every few weeks I have to randomly redo everything.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:11 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
Was putting off the upgrade to 5.0 but recently got the boot loop again. It seems to happen completely randomly but mostly when I'm out at a bar or something. Murphy's law i guess. This is literally the 3rd time this has happened in the evening when I'm away from the computer.

Last time it happened a couple of weeks back. Prior to that it was 3 weeks before. Basically i pull my phone out of my pocket randomly and it's showing the boot animation. Except it sits there forever trying to boot. You can feel it vibrate every so often which i guess is when it's looping. A soft reset just puts it right back in the loop.

I've had this issue since at least midnight version 2 or so. I've tried wipe 3x, going back to stock, ODINing stock roms, and just about everything else.

Gonna try 5.2 but I expect it to boot loop again in a few weeks.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I've tried everything I can think of. It seems to be fine for about 2-3 weeks then happens again spontaneously. Usually when it's in my pocket not being used, and usually when battery is less than 30%.

Been on EXT4 Journaling for most of that time, though i think it was happening on RFS too.

Any help or ideas would be awesome. I'm almost ready to just permanently go back to stock to get rid of this. Every few weeks I have to randomly redo everything.
I might try midNIGHT 5.1 Ext4 with journaling on.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
First of all - a big thank you for the amazing ROM.

Still on 4.2, but loving it. I read the changelog - and a lot of it does not make sense. Has there been any notable battery improvements with 5.1? I'm sure my limited battery is mostly due to the way I use the phone... but would still appreciate feedback.

I'm sitting at about 37% battery - and it's been ~8 hrs since last charge. I have not really used my phone much today. Few texts, no calls, and a few games. When I select "Battery Usage" it shows my display eating up~90%

Under Settings / Display... I have it automatically select the brightness. Power saving mode is checked... and my screen timeout is only set to 30 sec. Am I missing anything else?

How big of a strain does Live Wallpapers cause on the CPU? I doubt thats an issue, due to the screen taking up 90% of my battery...
I still want to revisit the above post.

Is it typical for the display to suck up most of the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Are you on 64bit windows? if so thats the wrong drivers...also by usb tether are you using pda-net or the android usb tether?
Really odd situation. I would install the software (no cables plugged in...) - and at the completion of running setup, it would give the error "Did not install successfully"...

Well, I tried a 3rd USB port... and as soon as I plugged my phone it, it suddenly said "Installed correctly". Odd. At least that issue was resolved.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
O-Matic

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
I still want to revisit the above post.

Is it typical for the display to suck up most of the battery?

Really odd situation. I would install the software (no cables plugged in...) - and at the completion of running setup, it would give the error "Did not install successfully"...

Well, I tried a 3rd USB port... and as soon as I plugged my phone it, it suddenly said "Installed correctly". Odd. At least that issue was resolved.
Bro, right now the battery stats on mine are telling me 85% battery usage for the display. That's pretty typical for this phone. I still easily go the entire day on a single charge typically.

I've also had issues with particular USB ports on both of my computers.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I might try midNIGHT 5.1 Ext4 with journaling on.
imo with it on its way better, i have no issues like loops or corrupt data and it helps me lots cause i tether constantly.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
acs tester

hey rob or anybody why do we need to goto xda for rom updates? i think we should get them posted on ppcg before xda.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:21 PM
O-Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
hey rob or anybody why do we need to goto xda for rom updates? i think we should get them posted on ppcg before xda.
+1
I saw that last night. Unfortunately that's where the traffic is.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development