View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
djfujiyama
PPCGeeks Regular

djfujiyama is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.1 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/31/2011

Was putting off the upgrade to 5.0 but recently got the boot loop again. It seems to happen completely randomly but mostly when I'm out at a bar or something. Murphy's law i guess. This is literally the 3rd time this has happened in the evening when I'm away from the computer.

Last time it happened a couple of weeks back. Prior to that it was 3 weeks before. Basically i pull my phone out of my pocket randomly and it's showing the boot animation. Except it sits there forever trying to boot. You can feel it vibrate every so often which i guess is when it's looping. A soft reset just puts it right back in the loop.

I've had this issue since at least midnight version 2 or so. I've tried wipe 3x, going back to stock, ODINing stock roms, and just about everything else.

Gonna try 5.2 but I expect it to boot loop again in a few weeks.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I've tried everything I can think of. It seems to be fine for about 2-3 weeks then happens again spontaneously. Usually when it's in my pocket not being used, and usually when battery is less than 30%.

Been on EXT4 Journaling for most of that time, though i think it was happening on RFS too.

Any help or ideas would be awesome. I'm almost ready to just permanently go back to stock to get rid of this. Every few weeks I have to randomly redo everything.