abednego
Regular 'Geeker

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.1 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/31/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
First of all - a big thank you for the amazing ROM.

Still on 4.2, but loving it. I read the changelog - and a lot of it does not make sense. Has there been any notable battery improvements with 5.1? I'm sure my limited battery is mostly due to the way I use the phone... but would still appreciate feedback.

I'm sitting at about 37% battery - and it's been ~8 hrs since last charge. I have not really used my phone much today. Few texts, no calls, and a few games. When I select "Battery Usage" it shows my display eating up~90%

Under Settings / Display... I have it automatically select the brightness. Power saving mode is checked... and my screen timeout is only set to 30 sec. Am I missing anything else?

How big of a strain does Live Wallpapers cause on the CPU? I doubt thats an issue, due to the screen taking up 90% of my battery...
I still want to revisit the above post.

Is it typical for the display to suck up most of the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Are you on 64bit windows? if so thats the wrong drivers...also by usb tether are you using pda-net or the android usb tether?
Really odd situation. I would install the software (no cables plugged in...) - and at the completion of running setup, it would give the error "Did not install successfully"...

Well, I tried a 3rd USB port... and as soon as I plugged my phone it, it suddenly said "Installed correctly". Odd. At least that issue was resolved.