PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.7 CW3 Redirector EXT4 ONLY

Thanks ptfdmedic for all the great work and I am sorry to hear the bad news. I hope everything turns out fine with you and your family. Also just to let you know, I installed v2.7 and tried to use v3.1 ASOP lock with blue circle, but it didn't change anything as it didn't work. Though the v2 ASOP lock does work fine which is odd. Anyways, again hope everything turns out fine and thanks for your work.

dja2k
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya its just a droid as far as specs go but it comes with 2.2 (lol) but i just read gps blows and batterylife sux big time.

Sprint announces HTC EVO Shift 4G - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech
The processor is a 800mhz as opposed to 1 gig as well. Think I'll stick with my Epic.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.6 CW3 Friendly and EXT4 Support 1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I flashed your Rom today I must it is solid but when my battery ran out I lost all of my information please. Is this a Samsung thing or a custom rom issue. On my touch pro 2 when my battery dead my phone still backed up all of my information. I mean my phone is just like it had a fresh install. You can see this can be frustrating and time customing if this happens often. Do you think you can work on a fix for this problem? Thank you for all of your time and heart. Other wise this is a great ROM.
Confirmed on this problem. I'm on Midnight v.23 with EXT4. I NEVER GET FC's or have any other problems on this ROM.

I was running low on battery at work and thought I'd run it all the way down and do a calibrate. Well, I ran it down, forced it to run some more and ran it down some more and then more til it wouldn't boot up any more. Then I got busy and just wanted to punt on the calibrate and get juice in it. Once I hooked it up to the charger I tried to power it up.

It wanted to run the Google setup. Then forced closes all over the place. It didnt' go back to factory as I could see it knew about GotTo and other stuff but is was really messed up. MyBackup restore didn't fix it. I did have a Clockwork backup (2.5.2) so finally got to the point where I could Quickboot into recovery and I restored and then did a MyBackup restore and things were basically back to normal.

Thats all I know.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Apps repository updated....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:27 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
OK, here is another thing that's kinda weird. I flashed 2.7, booted up and then went back into CW and used the Advanced Restore>Restore Data. When it booted up again I noticed that the theme I had was not restored. Usually a CW data restore restores the theme as well as the data. I wonder if this is a glitch in CW3?

**EDIT** I knew there was an issue with the build no. but I thought you said you had fixed it and uploaded the fixed ROM.

**2nd EDIT** I just re-read the post about fixing the build prop fix. I thought you had fixed the ROM, not the fix.
I can fix the build and reupload tonight it just kills my internet connection for the 45 mins it takes to upload. Just didn't seem worth it. You can also just pull the build prop out of the zip and drop it into the system folder in the rom zip.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I flashed your Rom today I must it is solid but when my battery ran out I lost all of my information please. Is this a Samsung thing or a custom rom issue. On my touch pro 2 when my battery dead my phone still backed up all of my information. I mean my phone is just like it had a fresh install. You can see this can be frustrating and time customing if this happens often. Do you think you can work on a fix for this problem? Thank you for all of your time and heart. Other wise this is a great ROM.
I know this must be frustrating. I spoke with Dameon today and he nor I can see why this is happening. Maybe in a total freak occurrence but the chances are just very unlikely. I have tried to reproduce this and cannot. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. But if did look into it and honestly it seems to be a pretty isolated issue. This ROM has been downloaded hundreds and hundreds of times and I have heard nothing else about this. I would suggest that you try 2.7 as it does have a new dameon's newer kernel.
Thanks for your feedback and patiences.......
Old 01-08-2011, 12:40 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
so this is not needed, "build prop" confused me?
I forgot to change the build prop before uploading. So this ROM show v2.6 in the settings. The zips will just replace the build prop and give you the correct build number in the settings. Some people were pretty thrown off by the mistake so I wanted to offer a simple fix. It's not really that important at all.

Did I confuse you cause now I'm confused. Long day and tired brain. Have a great night my friend.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
I know this must be frustrating. I spoke with Dameon today and he nor I can see why this is happening. Maybe in a total freak occurrence but the chances are just very unlikely. I have tried to reproduce this and cannot. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. But if did look into it and honestly it seems to be a pretty isolated issue. This ROM has been downloaded hundreds and hundreds of times and I have heard nothing else about this. I would suggest that you try 2.7 as it does have a new dameon's newer kernel.
Thanks for your feedback and patiences.......
Posted a few minutes ago that I had this problem too. I had to drain it and drain it again, and again. Its weird. I read the post about the data loss and thought there was something else going on. Don't know how the ROM could cause this...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
The processor is a 800mhz as opposed to 1 gig as well. Think I'll stick with my Epic.
easy tiger, its just a extra toy to play with and in no way is replacing my epic.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 AM
ptfdmedic

I'm going to climb onto my soap box and go off topic for a minute.
I don't know what to say. I have never had anyone rally around like this to help my family, never. I'm at a complete loss for words. This community has shown compassion and kindness to an otherwise perfect stranger. This community has given me a place to go and escape some of the challenges I face in my life. Even for a little while. I feels great to be able to contribute to this forum. Thanks you for reading my blog and learning about Autism and for all the kind words and prayers. I am truly humbled by all this.
Now I get off my soap box and get back to work. Well maybe in the morning I got to go to bed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development