PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, Axim X50v
Carrier: Verizon

SilverPony2001 is keeping up the good workSilverPony2001 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem [Fixed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPony2001 View Post
I tried the first edit, and had someone try to send me an MMS and I never got it. Had someone else, same thing. Tried the second edit, and I could receive MMS messages again, but they still look small and tiny, all under 20K.

After some more testing, and other people sending me MMS messages, I have noticed with the second edit, I can now get pictures around 40K. Not much bigger, but it's a step.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

justinsimison is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to justinsimison
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem - Better Solution

Not to jinx this or anything, but I think I may have solved this problem.

It's close, anyway.

Once I got into the registry fields of the prior "Arcsoft" solution, I realized that borrowing the registry edits (and tweaking slightly) was all that was necessary. The Arcsoft software itself is NOT required. I have no idea where Arcsoft got these values, but I have tested this all day and it works in every scenario and available firmware including 6.5 ROMS.

It's not EXACTLY perfect, but it's close.

For instance, a picture originally sized at 2304 x 1728 (783 Kb) was resized down to 1500 x 1125 (275 Kb). Once I received the resized 275 kb photo, I sent it to my other Omnia and the picture remained at 275 kb. It was not further resized.

Pictures can be sent and received without incident. VIDEO can also be sent and received without incident.

The ONLY changes required are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

Change "UAProf" value to: http://uaprof.vtext.com/utstar/xv68k/xv68k.xml

Change "UserAgent" value to: utstar68kv1

You can soft reset if it makes you feel better, but you won't need to.

Keep in mind, it is still resizing the pictures based on some sort of consistent but elusive and undefined algorithm. However, it is irrelevant. These two fields are the ONLY applicable fields with regard to picture resolution. This may or may not be the best result out there. I guess we just need a master list of what variables are used on uaprof.vtext.com and then we can make that decision.

This has been a pain in my *** for months now, so I hope you are all as relieved as I am.

- Justin

Last edited by justinsimison; 09-26-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: mistake
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2 i920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

the sandman is a n00b

My phone doesn't have "UAProf" or "UserAgent" in that folder. Any idea why? And also the link you put for "UAProf" doesn't work.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsimison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sandman View Post
And also the link you put for "UAProf" doesn't work.
His link should end with ".xml" not ".xlm" that's all. Switch it up and you should be fine.

I've messed with this setting but went back to Arcsoft again. I've also edited my registry to allow 1000k sized files (tested with a 940k file successfully). Gonna be switchin to the HTC Imagio or TP2 soon I think though. The Omnia has been a lot of fun and was my first smartphone but phones don't last more than 6-8 months with me heheh, there's always something new for me to get!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

justinsimison is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to justinsimison

Sandman, the link listed is actually not a link at all. The link IS the string value.

Veritech, thanks for letting me know about the typo. I'm not sure why you went back to Arcsoft though, because these edits should produce exactly the same results. Am I missing something? And what is the edit to allow 1000k files? Do you mean non-photo attachments through MMS?

- Justin
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: VZW

user11 is a n00b

I just changed the key values (with .xml typo fixed) and their is no difference on my Omnia. Images are still displayed as a postage stamp and are ~22kb. I tried rebooting it and there is no difference.

One thing I noticed both before and after is I could take a picture and send it to myself as an MMS and it displayed as a postage stamp. If I went into MMS sent items and forward to my email account I get a ~200kb 640x480 image.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, Axim X50v

SilverPony2001 is keeping up the good workSilverPony2001 is keeping up the good work
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem - Better Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsimison View Post
Not to jinx this or anything, but I think I may have solved this problem.

It's close, anyway.

Once I got into the registry fields of the prior "Arcsoft" solution, I realized that borrowing the registry edits (and tweaking slightly) was all that was necessary. The Arcsoft software itself is NOT required. I have no idea where Arcsoft got these values, but I have tested this all day and it works in every scenario and available firmware including 6.5 ROMS.

It's not EXACTLY perfect, but it's close.

For instance, a picture originally sized at 2304 x 1728 (783 Kb) was resized down to 1500 x 1125 (275 Kb). Once I received the resized 275 kb photo, I sent it to my other Omnia and the picture remained at 275 kb. It was not further resized.

Pictures can be sent and received without incident. VIDEO can also be sent and received without incident.

The ONLY changes required are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

You can soft reset if it makes you feel better, but you won't need to.

Keep in mind, it is still resizing the pictures based on some sort of consistent but elusive and undefined algorithm. However, it is irrelevant. These two fields are the ONLY applicable fields with regard to picture resolution. This may or may not be the best result out there. I guess we just need a master list of what variables are used on uaprof.vtext.com and then we can make that decision.

This has been a pain in my *** for months now, so I hope you are all as relieved as I am.

- Justin
This works great, it more than doubled the size of my picture file sizes. EDIT: This was someone else sending me a picture from an Env2. They used to come in around 22 - 27 KB, now it's 72kb.

Last edited by SilverPony2001; 09-26-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker

user11 is a n00b

Just an update of my results. I noticed technofunktrials registry settings (use i760) and just tried them and there was no difference.

I have the stock CF03 firmware.

I took a picture and sent it myself via MMS. It was compressed to 129kb going out. The Omnis displayed it as a 33 kb almost thumbnail. I went into the sent items and sent it to my email account and got a 128kb 640x480 image.

Also I only know two other people with Omnias and both have the MMS receive small image problem.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Lurker

user11 is a n00b

Another update. I posted yesterday that I made registry changes and there was no difference but didn't mention what I changed.

I used these key values:

Old 09-27-2009, 09:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2 i920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

the sandman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by user11 View Post
Another update. I posted yesterday that I made registry changes and there was no difference but didn't mention what I changed.

I used these key values:

I just did this registry edit and I'm still getting pictures at around 110k. Do I have to get rid of Arcsoft for this to work?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia