View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Veritech_910
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem [Fixed]

I've been using the Arcsoft and dcd carrier cab the entire time. Tested my MMS functionality after CF03 and unfortunately found out that I still have to use this "fix" (ugh). As far as opening and/or saving your attachment(s), you can do that after opening the MMS. If it's a picture message you'll see the picture, if it's a video message you won't see anything. Either way though at the bottom left of the screen you'll see the softkey labeled "Contents" so click that, it then takes you to a listing of the attachments (text file, video, pictures, etc). Scroll (highlight) the attachment you wish to save then at the bottom right softkey press "Menu" then "Save" and it will save your attachments. I edited my registry to specifically put videos into a video folder, pics into a pic folder and sound files into a sound folder otherwise I think it will save it to your My Documents folder somewhere by default.

If you want to edit your "save" locations navigate your Registry Editor to:
HKLM > Software > Arcsoft > Arcsoft MMS UA > Config > Folder
Edit the GenericPath, PicturePath, SoundPath, UnknownPath and VideoPath to your desired save locations.

Regarding Verizon screwing up the picture size, I have a feeling it's bugs within accounts for certain people since not everyone is having this problem. I think when I next upgrade my phone I will request them to completely delete my picture/text messaging from my account and re-create it. This problem started when I upgraded from my dumbphone LG Dare to this Omnia and had to change Data plans and such. I'm not sure that person setup my account correctly. If my LG Dare is turned on, it will still receive text messages sent to my Omnia (though it can't connect to download MMS messages). Strange don't ya think? Go Verizon!!! lol