PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 2
Carrier: none

assman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem [Fixed]

can anyone help me
this is where im at to send bigger files with my mms
HKEY/LOCAL/MACHINE
software
samsung
MMS
settings
MAX size
on top your screen you will see this hklm/software/mms/settings/maxsize/
its says
Dword
(dec) 506880
(hex) 0007BC00
ok i need to know whats the (dec) codes for bigger mms
i did (dec) 1506880 and it give my 1.5mp to send but when i send it it says cuold not send all the massages
so i just need some (dec) codes to see if this works anyone
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't have anything listed in that portion but it might be because I have the Arcsoft stuff installed and am not using the default Samsung MMS settings. Hopefully someone else can chime in and check their settings for ya.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, Axim X50v

SilverPony2001 is keeping up the good workSilverPony2001 is keeping up the good work
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem

Quote:
Hit Done and close it up then open up your favorite registry editor and navigate to:
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader

Once there you need to enter your 10 digit cell phone number in the Value data field for the Z-VzW-MDN key. Save and close and it's probably not needed but I did a soft reset anyway.
I don't have this key in my registry after installing both cabs and soft reseting. Also after installing both, I can not go into MMS/SMS and click NEW, it brings up nothing. It highlights "NEW" and just sits there. When I click "NEW" again, it unhighlights. When trying to send a picture by clicking and holding, and then going to send, it tells me it exceedes the file size, even though I have sent this picture the old way before. Doesn't seem to work for me.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPony2001 View Post
I don't have this key in my registry after installing both cabs and soft reseting. Also after installing both, I can not go into MMS/SMS and click NEW, it brings up nothing. It highlights "NEW" and just sits there. When I click "NEW" again, it unhighlights. When trying to send a picture by clicking and holding, and then going to send, it tells me it exceedes the file size, even though I have sent this picture the old way before. Doesn't seem to work for me.
As far as the sending picture problem I was having I decided to use the Windows Picture Manager (\Windows\pimg.exe) for viewing/sending MMS messages. The reason I decided on using that program was because when you select to send an MMS message it asks you how you want to send it rather than choosing the default MMS profile (which gets you stuck no where).

Now goin back to that registry key problem I went to look at my registry key settings to verify what I had in there and low and behold I had one typo in my "fixed" post. The registry key that you enter your 10-digit number too is "X-VzW-MDN" (same location in the tree). What I typed up in my fix had that listed as "Z-VzW-MDN", my apologies (correct one starts with X and not Z).

I'll be fixing my post to reflect that, thanks.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

lowsonoma03 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma03

OK i'm new here, and new to PPC's. (my previous phone was an Env)

I'm having the small picture problem also, but when i go to do the fix on Post #14, i cant seem to figure out how to do the last step...
Quote:
Hit Done and close it up then open up your favorite registry editor and navigate to:
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader

Once there you need to enter your 10 digit cell phone number in the Value data field for the Z-VzW-MDN key. Save and close and it's probably not needed but I did a soft reset anyway.
What is the registry and how do i find it? I installed the programs fine, and could proceed anything farther after the soft reset. I took the phone to the local VZW store and explained the whole situation and all they did was give me a new phone (LOL).

If someone like Veritech could help me out, that would be awesome, and sorry for the NEWBness haha.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma03 View Post
OK i'm new here, and new to PPC's. (my previous phone was an Env)

I'm having the small picture problem also, but when i go to do the fix on Post #14, i cant seem to figure out how to do the last step...

What is the registry and how do i find it? I installed the programs fine, and could proceed anything farther after the soft reset. I took the phone to the local VZW store and explained the whole situation and all they did was give me a new phone (LOL).

If someone like Veritech could help me out, that would be awesome, and sorry for the NEWBness haha.
You can download a few different free registry editors or can purchase one from Resco if you want. I started off initially with PHM Registry Editor which you can find via this page: http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

After installing that program you'll want to run it (it will be listed in your Programs on your phone). Once you fire that up you'll be inside registry of your phone! You'll see something in your list called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (which is the "HKLM" listed in the instructions for the fix) so click on that or click the + sign to it's left. As you click through the just follow the path I listed clicking through Software then Arcsoft then Arcsoft MMS UA then mm1 then WspHeader and edit the data field for X-VzW-MDN and enter in your 10 digit cell phone number (no spaces or dashes or anything, just format it like 1234567890). Anyhow hope that helps clear it up for ya a bit and good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

lowsonoma03 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma03

awesome thank you very much! I'm pressed for time right now but i will try it out asap!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

technofunktrial is a n00b

Tried on i910 vzw- stock rom/not cf03 - Installed both cabs - Found the newest dcd cab under hermes I believe.. edited the registry setting. I sent myself an email mms, and it was directed into the mms/sms 'new' folder. Upon clicking it - froze my phone. Soft reset and tried several times, all with the same problem. There also wasn't an option to save the attachment, nor any way to view it other than a little tiny icon. Anyway, I know the dcd cab went through because everything dealing with broadband now appears as verizon wireless instead of just broadband in the connmanager.. *shrugs* Is it necessary for me to uninstall the dcd cab? If so, I have no idea how to, nor what it did to my reg. The arcsoft came out just fine, and it appears my phone is functioning properly.. alas I'll just have to have anybody sending me a picture email it to me..

So, is verizon screwing up the picture size to limit the bandwith it takes to send a picture? Or is it in the phone itself.. we may never know.

-Eric
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've been using the Arcsoft and dcd carrier cab the entire time. Tested my MMS functionality after CF03 and unfortunately found out that I still have to use this "fix" (ugh). As far as opening and/or saving your attachment(s), you can do that after opening the MMS. If it's a picture message you'll see the picture, if it's a video message you won't see anything. Either way though at the bottom left of the screen you'll see the softkey labeled "Contents" so click that, it then takes you to a listing of the attachments (text file, video, pictures, etc). Scroll (highlight) the attachment you wish to save then at the bottom right softkey press "Menu" then "Save" and it will save your attachments. I edited my registry to specifically put videos into a video folder, pics into a pic folder and sound files into a sound folder otherwise I think it will save it to your My Documents folder somewhere by default.

If you want to edit your "save" locations navigate your Registry Editor to:
HKLM > Software > Arcsoft > Arcsoft MMS UA > Config > Folder
Edit the GenericPath, PicturePath, SoundPath, UnknownPath and VideoPath to your desired save locations.

Regarding Verizon screwing up the picture size, I have a feeling it's bugs within accounts for certain people since not everyone is having this problem. I think when I next upgrade my phone I will request them to completely delete my picture/text messaging from my account and re-create it. This problem started when I upgraded from my dumbphone LG Dare to this Omnia and had to change Data plans and such. I'm not sure that person setup my account correctly. If my LG Dare is turned on, it will still receive text messages sent to my Omnia (though it can't connect to download MMS messages). Strange don't ya think? Go Verizon!!! lol
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

technofunktrial is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritech_910 View Post

Regarding Verizon screwing up the picture size, I have a feeling it's bugs within accounts for certain people since not everyone is having this problem. I think when I next upgrade my phone I will request them to completely delete my picture/text messaging from my account and re-create it. This problem started when I upgraded from my dumbphone LG Dare to this Omnia and had to change Data plans and such. I'm not sure that person setup my account correctly. If my LG Dare is turned on, it will still receive text messages sent to my Omnia (though it can't connect to download MMS messages). Strange don't ya think? Go Verizon!!! lol
My previous plan, which hasn't expired yet was with an i760. I had it for over a year and never ran into this problem (except breaking the screen). I could receive full sized images no prob. A few weeks ago I activated this phone on my plan, and there ya go, no big pictures. So it's sort of baffling to think it could be verizon. I want to blame them though :P

I will have to try installing the acrsoft cab again. I followed the directions to a t, but I didn't see a content button. I'm pretty sure that just clicking in the message body locked my phone. Will report back later.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia