PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem [Fixed - Updated 9-29-09]

Well guys let's see if you got what it takes to help me out, don't ya love the challenge? I've posted at HowardForums, Samsung-Omnia Forums, MoDaCo Forums and bumped a thread or 2 at the XDA forums so I have been doing my searching and trying to find a fix for my problem but the only thing so far is a fix that gets me decent MMS picture sizes but kills video MMS.

Just over a week ago I went to my local VZW store and picked up an Omnia i910 to replace my wonderful LG Dare. I love the phone so far except for one major thing, picture messaging! That brings me to the problem:

I can send out picture messages just fine, no resizing of a 1024 x 768 (144 kb) photo to someone and they receive it just fine. I used to receive photos just fine as well, until I switched to the i910. Now when I receive a photo it gets shrunken down to damn near thumbnail size. The max width it allows is 240 pixels, so picture messages come in anywhere from 16-25kb in size. Well before I babble on more about it, I will just list the things I've noticed and/or tried.

- Sending pics is fine, receiving them resizes them very small (typically 240x180 resolution for a landscaped picture)

- Tested receiving pics from multiple carriers as well as emailing to mynumber@vzwpix.com

- Hard reset the phone a couple times

- Spoken with VZW phone support and visited in-store "tech" people

- Spoken with Samsung (no dice there)

- Tried the "fix" found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421893 but it killed video MMS (so I hard reset afterwards)

- Sent myself a 351k mp3 ringer and that came through (so it's not an MMS file size limitation)

- Not running anything like TF2D or SPB mobile shell or anything

Anyhow guys hopefully you can help figure this out or at the very least post if you too are having a similar problem or if you've got an i910 as well but no problems then post that too! Been far too little responses on the other forums so this is pretty much my last shot before I swap the phone for something else or just suck it up and go back to my LG Dare.

Phone/Version Info:
Omnia i910
CF03 ROM

Skip ahead to Post #14 for the Fix (using Arcsoft)
Skip ahead to Post #42 for the simpler fix by justinsimison

Last edited by Veritech_910; 09-29-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added [Fixed] to thread title, quicklink to post for Fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia