PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem

Hmm something interesting too that I just checked out. Looking at the "fix" from the XDA site (link is in my first post) I see that they're having the i910 mimmick another phone to get the MMS working. Opening the cab file this is what's in there:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <wap-provisioningdoc>
- <characteristic type="Registry">
- <characteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Samsung\MMS\Settings" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Accept" datatype="string" value="application/vnd.wap.mms-message;*/*;" /> 
<parm name="UserAgent" datatype="string" value="prodigy/arcsoft-mmsua-ppc-3.0.0.xx" /> 
<parm name="UAProf" datatype="string" value="http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/wizard-2.0.xml" /> 
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
Now looking into my registry settings (HKLM\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings) I have:
UAProf as: http://uaprof.vtext.com/sam/i910/i910v1.xml
UserAgent is: sami910v1

Now up in the "fix" section if you click the UAProf link it takes you to an informational page which shows settings for all sorts of parameters, one of which is...ding ding ding... MMSMaxImageResolution which is set at 1280x1280 (big picture when viewed on PC).

Now click on Verizon's UAProf link and you get.....nothing.

Can you check your Registry settings and post what your UAProf and UserAgent settings are please? Thanks! This seems like potential progress though I'm sure it can't be this easy lol. The phone gurus would have been all over such a simple fix I think. Still doesn't hurt to keep trying!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Whereas I agree it can't be that easy (if only a lot of these things were LOL) I will post what I find later, I am going into a meeting in just a bit, but I will get back to the settings ASAP!!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just a bump heheh, any chance to check that out yet? (or anyone else with an i910)
Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well after about 2 weeks of digging through various forums and Googling my a$$ off I finally fixed the tiny small stinking MMS picture size problem lol. First thing's first the two main links you'll need are:

This is the thread which contains the Arcsoft MMS cab needed to really get things rolling.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345

This is dcd's site with updated carrier cabs (which has the VZW carrier listed)
http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

Direct links to the cabs in case admins would like to attach the files to this forum for archival purposes:
GC VZW Arcsoft MMS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=116418&d=1222460364
dcd Verizon Wireless Carrier Cab: http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F&download=dcd+Verizon+Car rier+20081031.cab

Instructions are fairly simple, install the 2 cab files, soft reset phone. Open up Messaging and you'll see a new category/folder called SMS/MMS (your original MMS folders are still there). Click on the SMS/MMS folder then on your Menu go to MMS Options > Servers Tab. Click on Verizon Wireless then scroll down to "Connect via:" and choose Verizon Wireless and if needed change "Send limit" to 399k. Hit Done and close it up then open up your favorite registry editor and navigate to:
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader

Once there you need to enter your 10 digit cell phone number in the Value data field for the X-VzW-MDN key. Save and close and it's probably not needed but I did a soft reset anyway.

Enjoy receiving normal sized MMS picture messages once again.

There are few bugs I'll be looking into that I've come across so far:
- To send an MMS you have to create it via the SMS/MMS messaging area OR click and hold a file and select Send via MMS. Some creature comforts like sending MMS from your Camera program or Media Album. What happens here is that the MMS sent via these programs gets created in the "MMS" folder rather than the new "SMS/MMS" folder.

- When receiving a video MMS (3gp is only one tested so far) it won't play once downloaded and opened within the MMS. You have to save the file to your phone and play it via your own video player (I was using Touch Player)

- As mentioned before you're stuck with the original MMS folder for your Messaging "inboxes" but this hasn't really been an issue except when trying to send MMS via other programs so far.

Last edited by Veritech_910; 03-08-2009 at 10:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Oh man....I have been so busy at work, and with my laptop on the fritz, I haven't even had time to look into this!! I am sorry I didn't get the settings to you, but glad you resolved the situation!!!!

P.S. Maybe you can edit the first post and thread title to indicate the fix is here, that way people can see it is a solution and use it and not just thinking it is a question thread!!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem [Fixed]

Oh no worries I'm sure the settings would have been a wild goose chase anyhow lol. Thanks again for your assistance and I've edited [Fixed] into the thread title.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Looks good, one thing I would suggest though, maybe either post the link to the single post, or make mention of the solution being at post 14. Right up top so people don't get confused thinking they are getting a fix and giving up by the end of the first few posts!! Quite an entrance having a fix like that within the first 10 posts!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Good idea, added link to end of 1st post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

Jedi54 is a n00b

Veritch, great thread!

Unfortunately I tried doing this with my Vogue (downloading relevant cabs) and I am getting an error when installing the Arcsoft cab
"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions"

Any ideas?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 2
Carrier: none

assman is a n00b

can anyone help me
this is where im at to send bigger files with my mms
HKEY/LOCAL/MACHINE
software
samsung
MMS
settings
MAX size
on top your screen you will see this hklm/software/mms/settings/maxsize/
its says
Dword
(dec) 506880
(hex) 0007BC00
ok i need to know whats the (dec) codes for bigger mms
i did (dec) 1506880 and it give my 1.5mp to send but when i send it it says cuold not send all the massages
so i just need some (dec) codes to see if this works anyone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia