PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 05:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

gatorbyte is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Great! I'm going to try that and you probably just solved another of my problems as I have been trying to figure out why I couldn't get wifi to turn on anymore. I guess Verizon has some work to do with there apps(I think that goes without saying). Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Feel free to ask away!!

I an pretty confident at least the wi-fi issue will be rectified, but let us know about both, if the memory isn't improved, we'll take the next step!!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

stoshx is a n00b

I've got two more problems I've been having recently with my Omnia:

1. when I set a clock alarm, and then turn my phone to silent, the alarm still is heard loud and clear regardless if the phone is on silent or vibrate. Any suggestions besides turning off the alarm? When the phone is set to silent or vibrate, isn't that supposed to silence everything? I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Omnia software alarms (you can make as many alarms as you like) are separate from the Windows Mobile alarms (which limits you to three alarms). This may be the reason the Windows Mobile setting of phone silence is conflicting with the Omnia software. just a guess.

2. When making or answering a call, the phone sometimes goes into "emergency mode" which only allows calls to 911. Firstly, I'm not even sure how the phone gets into this mode. I think my ear hits something if I put the phone up to my head too quickly before the screen lock engages. But that's not the problem, I can figure out how to get it out Emergency Mode. The problem is the resulting notification that "you can only make emergency calls in emergency mode". No mater how many times I dismiss the notification it is still there and can not be cleared unless I turn the phone off, even after exiting emergency mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for your time and help!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

For the first issue...the alarms you set, are they using the Samsong alarms or the WM alarms? Personally I think this is a great addition, but if your using Samsung's, when you create an alarm, one of the options is 'Sound Profile' I think if you change that to System, that should follow the profile you set for the Omnia (vibrate, silent....).

As for the emergency mode popping up, I think that may warrent calling into CS and possibly switching out for another Omnia, I haven't seen/heard this one yet. If you have made an emergency call, maybe there is a setting or switch that needs to be made (on my 700wx I had to turn the phone radio on and off again), but other than that, I think a call into CS may be in order!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

stoshx is a n00b

I couldn't agree more, I think the Samsung alarms are a great add-on, because I have more than 3 alarms I like to use. And yes, the alarms were set to "ring" and not "system". That fixed that issue, thanks!

And if only I knew how I was getting into the emergency mode. It's only when i'm using the phone... I can't figure it out. The strange part is that mode is not listed anywhere in the manual. I guess I'll have to call CS.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image911 View Post
Here's a quick fix regarding the audio alarm sounding off... (I've done the same on another device and it worked perfectly for me...)

Find the name and location of that particular sound file. Now, record a brief sound file of your own - of less than a second of "white noise"... nothing... and save it with the same name as that of the alarm setting. Now, move the newly created sound file to where the original is and allow it to overwrite the original.

Voila - no more alarming sound...!!!
Hey this works...!!! thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

I composed a list of the tips and hack I've used here

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/...900-unleashed/

To many thread pages to find thing each time I need reference to it. hehehe
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilepak View Post
I composed a list of the tips and hack I've used here

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/...900-unleashed/

To many thread pages to find thing each time I need reference to it. hehehe

I have been working on a tip/tweak thread here that I hope to have stickied, I hope you don't mind if I post your link over there!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532

I will wait to hear from you, but I would like to get it in the first few posts there (giving you credit of course)!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Dream
Carrier: T-Mobile

modidlee is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to modidlee Send a message via Yahoo to modidlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalinamazilu View Post
Hi, I just got my omnia phone and there are some things that bother me:
1. Before Omnia I had a Nokia phone that was able to jump to the next track or radio station from the the headset. Samsung it's not able to do such thing. when pressing the headset button he jumps directly to phone (dialing menu).
2. I'm not able to make my phone to connect to my wireless router. I have a wireless 802.11 b/g wifi router with WEP encryption. My omnia detects the wireless network, asks me for the key and then it tries to connect and doesn't succedes.

Thank in advance, for any solutions for this two problems.
I had the same issue. But all i did to fix it was click to connect WIFI, then exit the connection manager, then open it back up and do it again. The first time i did this it took about 30 secs to connect so give it a little time. Now it connects in about 2-3 secs on the first try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I have been working on a tip/tweak thread here that I hope to have stickied, I hope you don't mind if I post your link over there!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532

I will wait to hear from you, but I would like to get it in the first few posts there (giving you credit of course)!!
One location is always good .

If you find anything good you want me to post on the bog, let me know and I can add it there too.

I add the link to that thread on the blog at the bottom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia