View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
stoshx
Lurker

stoshx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

I've got two more problems I've been having recently with my Omnia:

1. when I set a clock alarm, and then turn my phone to silent, the alarm still is heard loud and clear regardless if the phone is on silent or vibrate. Any suggestions besides turning off the alarm? When the phone is set to silent or vibrate, isn't that supposed to silence everything? I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Omnia software alarms (you can make as many alarms as you like) are separate from the Windows Mobile alarms (which limits you to three alarms). This may be the reason the Windows Mobile setting of phone silence is conflicting with the Omnia software. just a guess.

2. When making or answering a call, the phone sometimes goes into "emergency mode" which only allows calls to 911. Firstly, I'm not even sure how the phone gets into this mode. I think my ear hits something if I put the phone up to my head too quickly before the screen lock engages. But that's not the problem, I can figure out how to get it out Emergency Mode. The problem is the resulting notification that "you can only make emergency calls in emergency mode". No mater how many times I dismiss the notification it is still there and can not be cleared unless I turn the phone off, even after exiting emergency mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for your time and help!