PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

gatorbyte is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hey Omniacs, I have a new problem. I cannot get my omnia to sync with vista. I have looked over all my settings repeatedly and even did a hard reset of the my device partition on the omnia with no luck.
I've had the problem for several weeks and been to busy to really disect it and start posting on here. I searched the forum for sync issues and didn't find this allthough I'm sure someone else has posted with this issue. If I missed it I appologize.
The problem seemed to coinside with the installation of oggsync which syncs google calendar with the winmo calendar but I uninstalled that and still no go. Then as I said I backed up to the "my storage" partition and did a hard reset of the "my device" partition and still no sync so I think it must be a vista issue. When I insert the usb I get the initial dudun sound in vista but then the second one never comes and the omnia never shows up. Am I missing anything obviuos?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Lurker

Rogue Elephant is a n00b

hello out there. I had to hard reset my omnia, but I'm stuck on the screen re alignment. It goes through the tapping fine but I'm stuck in a loop where once I'm done with it it goes back tot eh beginning. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with bringing it back to Verizon/ shipping it back to Samsung? Thank you very much!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Elephant View Post
hello out there. I had to hard reset my omnia, but I'm stuck on the screen re alignment. It goes through the tapping fine but I'm stuck in a loop where once I'm done with it it goes back tot eh beginning. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with bringing it back to Verizon/ shipping it back to Samsung? Thank you very much!
did u try to soft reset...it can't hurt
Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker

Rogue Elephant is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
did u try to soft reset...it can't hurt
Yeah I just tried that. Nothing.

Edit: also I tried a second hard reset, which also lead me to the same problem.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I had that problem. Its when you arent aligning it correctly. No offense, it happened to me as well.

1. Put it on a flat surface and look straight down on the screen.
2. Lightly tap dead center of the cross and hold. i use a toothpick to align. Hold until it changes to a new location. Do NOT press hard, it is not needed.

Thats the best way to do it.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Lurker

webchick is a n00b

I need some help. I am a newbie here and purchased my Omnia in December. I am having an issue with alerts/notifications being heard by the person on the other end of the phone when I am in a call. For example, I am talking on the phone and a calendar reminder or text message pops up--the person I am talking to can actually HEAR the reminder tone. I have found a workaround by disabling alert sounds, but now I don't know if I get a text message unless I check the phone. Anyone found a way to get around this? Please help!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Do you have a profiling app installed (PhoneAlarm, Phone Suite......) A lot of them include notification tweaks to disable them durring active calls.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Lurker

webchick is a n00b

No...where can I download those?
Old 02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I would suggest PhoneAlarm, it is cheaper, does a lot, and is pretty customizable:

http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

Phone Suite is an SPB app found here:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/

There are cool free ones being develpoed all the time as well, I really don't know if they do/will do what you need, but you never know.....here is one I am watching closely:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=477919

It is called G-profiler and it is being developed by Ageye, the creator of G-alarm (another great app if you haven't checked it out yet (just go to the authors site and take a look))!

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=home
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800 verizon wireless

benjessop is a n00b

Ive got the omnia and have had it for over a month. The phone has been great. One problem that started only 2 days ago, and I checked my power settings, I checked everything, I reprogrammed the phone with *228 (verizon), I did a soft reset, BUT MY PHONE WILL NOT STAY TURNED OFF!!! I MANUALLY TURN OFF THE PHONE VIA THE POWER BUTTON ON TOP, AND IT COMES BACK ON!! Went into the Task Manager, ended all tasks many times, only Active Sync and various things, but DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHY MY PHONE DEMANDS USING UP MY BATTERY BY MID-AFTERNOON BECAUSE OF COMING BACK ON, AND NOT TURNING OFF AFTER 1 MINUTE AS IS SET???
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia