View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
One of the problems that I have had with the Omnia is the power button on the top is hard to press and it is a pain to put the phone on standby.

I used Aebutton plus: http://freewareppc.com/utilities/aebuttonplus.shtml

I mapped power off/on to the single press of the "end" key. I mapped "press the red button, end" to double tap of the end key.

Now to power off the phone I just press the "end" key. Much easier.

Hope this helps somebody.

Any other problems and solutions?
I am going to try this version of Aebutton...I tried one the other day and I couldn't get it to do ANYTHING!!!! The screen-shot on the site you posted looks easier to use...I have a few tweaks (I'll add that later) to do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
I have a problem that I would like a fix for:

When I get a sms, phone call, or an email, my screen does not turn on. The phone rings or vibrates, but the screen does not activate and therefore I need to press the power button to see the notification.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got a solution? I searched online and could not find anything.

Thanks
Not sure if it is a solution (at least not until I get a text message LOL) but I went into settings-sounds, and checked 'show message on screen'....hopefully it will do the trick because I am with you on wanting the screen to wake!!

Now....I have only done a couple tweaks so far. I am hoping with Aebutton to do the power off tweak mentioned earlier and to map the finger-friendly volume shortcut in S2U2 to the volume button.

I do have a neat little app I found in Modeco that automatically toggles from the mouse-pad effect to visible courser when I map it to the camera button!!

I do wish Samsung had included a way to turn off the button lock on calls, I can see where it would be useful at times, but a bother at others!!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.