PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Trav09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

WHen it comes to computers ill build you one. But as far as these lil buggers lol, i gotz no clue. THanks for the tips. I appreciate the responses

Trav
Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Trav09....check your PM

Old 03-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i900

raykoko is a n00b

cannot increase volume on the radio with *#0002*28346#

headset volume for mp3's now much higher, have moved RVOL in headset section up to 21db but still no change in volume.Huh?
is there another section that also needs to be changed for the radio volume?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

tgreenstein is just getting started

On the Omnia 910, where is the setting to use the time setting from the cell carrier? Every once in a while my Omnia has the wrong time (no, it's not a DST thing -- it's off by fifteen or twenty minutes). I reset it to the correct time but eventually it's wrong again.

Anybody else seen this problem?

Handspring Visor/Dell Axim X5/Dell Axim X50v/Treo 650/Treo 700wx/Omnia 910.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6.1 wmo
Carrier: verizon

remmurdgnis is a n00b
Smile Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!! Hard Reset Good News!

Hard Reset using the hardware buttons (send and end keys pressed and held while inserting stylus into soft reset hole) WILL NOT erase your storage data! It will prompt you to reformat, but per my experience today the data on the 8Gig storage was preserved.

I could not find this answer in the forum or anywhere online, so hopefully this will help the next person when their OMNIA I910 freaks out and hangs.

If this is common knowledge I apologize for the post, but I called Samsung and they insisted a hard reset would also kill my Storage Data... A real nice manager in at the local Verizon store was kind enough to let me Hard Reset his phone before I tried it on mine and suddenly my data was still there after the format.

Hopefully this post will appear in the searh engines for the future.

Thanks to everyone here for all the excellent information!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you use the software hard reset there is an option to re-format your My Memory as well, but your right...in doing a normal hard reset only your device will be reset, not My Memory....think of My Memory like a removable memory card, in other devices a hard reset will format the device, but your memory card remains the same!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Lurker

Peripatetic Bibliophage is a n00b

I have had the Omnia for about three weeks now. Here's a few issues I'd like input on.
1. The FM radio doesn't work at all. I plug in the headphones which is supposed to act like the antenna. I can hear "hiss" but absolutely no stations. Ideas?
2. I bought a Jabra bluetooth speakerphone so I could listen to music over the radio in the car. When I first did a sync, everything worked fine. After that, only the speakerphone would work as a phone, but the music would not play to the speaker anymore and it wouldn't connect to the radio. I tried everything. Nothing worked. It acted like the bluetooth just wouldn't connect correctly. I took the Jabra back.
3. When the battery charge drops to half, it starts beeping every few minutes. I can't find a way to shut off the alarm/notification so that it doesn't beep. I can't be in meetings or elsewhere if the battery is at half or less because it is distracting. Verizon couldn't figure out how to shut off the sound either. We went into sounds/notifications and shut off everything but it still beeps if half or lower. Thoughts?
4. How do you delete the podcasts that have been downloaded into the podcast program? I can't find any way to get rid of them. I can delete them from the Touch Player, but they still exist in the podcast list.
5. Is there any information on creating playlist for the Touch Player? I found the CD manual and information on the phone to be very limited. They don't explain hardly anything about creating playlists or using many other features in this program. I had to guess at a lot of it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the forum opportunity to chat about problems.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Lets see what we can do:

1- You need to have the antenna attachment plugged in, not the headphones...the headphones can plug into the antenna attachment, but you do need the antenna.

2- Do the side-effects happen when your near the BT device, or all the time? Have you tried turning off the BT radio on the Omnia when your not using BT?

3- There is a tweak to change the beep-tone with a silent file, it is either earlier in this thread, or in the tips+ tweaks thread (both stickied).

4- I don't use it myself, but when I open the app and hit the 'Library' button, the Menu tab at the bottom has a 'Delete File' option...did you try that?

5- Sorry, I don't use it.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Lurker

Peripatetic Bibliophage is a n00b

Thanks.
1. Yes. The antenna attachment is plugged into the USB port on the phone. The headphones are plugged into that.
2. The side effects happened all the time after the first sync. I use a Plantronics earpiece and it works most of the time. For some reason, the Jabra only conncected the one time and worked properly. After that it only worked as a phone connection, sometimes, but the music would no longer sync to it and it wouldn't transmit to FM.
3. I found the tweak and will try it.
4. Yes. I can delete the file. All it does though is delete the file, not the name. In the podcast list, it now shows that file name and that it needs to be downloaded to play, but the actual name is still there. I can't remove the name. Every time I do an update, I get more and more file names in the list and can't remove the old ones.
5. Okay.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ Adryn's WM 6.5 ROM

KodiakClark is just getting started

Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I was looking for a way to extend the length of time my e-mails stayed in my in box. It seems that they only stick around for a couple of days before disappearing. If it makes any difference I'm pulling from gmail. Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia