PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

stheologo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
...or from Menu you can select to turn on/off the speakerphone function.
Is there a way to assign a button on the phone to switch it on? as that annoying popup gets in the way.
Or is there a app that will allow for the a profile, that will switch it on automatically?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

I haven't thought about this and just did a quick "browse" but didn't find anything obvious. I like the idea of mapping the speaker to a h/w button and would make this trade-off with another function if needed. Maybe someone out the reading this can help.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

steve austin is just getting started

Ok. I completely botched something up and I am suffering for it now.

I installed the SPB 2.1.5 version on my phone. I then installed the Imarche skins. I accidentally skipped the step where you run "scanstatus or soft reset". The skins did not load after that. A message popped up and said that the 2.1.2 verion of SPB could not be found. So I installed it (2.1.2) and still the same problem.

I have noticed two things that have happened that only occured after I botched the process.

1. I can not bluetooh files over 15 mb's now.
2. There is a .rar file in the Imarche's scrpt folder that has a listing of all the files I have on the entire device. I don't remeber that being there before.

Essentially, I need to know what I can do to get the imache skins to recognize the 2.1.2 version I have installed.

I tried to erase/uninstall the skins so I could start from scratch but an error comes up that states: "RegDeleteKey: Registry key musn't be empty!" Wtfudge?!?!?

any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I had a similar issue with my BT, but I thought it had to do with something else. I found the best solution was to do a hard reset and backup from the last working backup file. If you didn't backup, I am not sure what can fix the BT. I have a feeling a hard reset may be in your future pending a more informed member's reply.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I had a similar issue with my BT, but I thought it had to do with something else. I found the best solution was to do a hard reset and backup from the last working backup file. If you didn't backup, I am not sure what can fix the BT. I have a feeling a hard reset may be in your future pending a more informed member's reply.
Thanks for this. I really hope I do not have to do a hard reset. I just did one two days ago. I will wait to see if anyone else weighs in.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gaurhoth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stheologo View Post
Is there a way to assign a button on the phone to switch it on? as that annoying popup gets in the way.
If you hold down the phone hard button (button to left of dpad) for several seconds, it will activate speaker phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Trav09 is a n00b

I posted a thread then say this thread so my bad for the earlier. Im having problems with my today(home page) wall paper. It wraps. As if i have a picture of my girlfriend as the wallpaper her head is at the bottom of the page. With any photos(besides the standard ones the phone comes with) the top of the photo is at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Trav09....It sounds like you need to resize the picture to 240x400. I don't think the image is being stretched to fit, so it is being tiled to fill the screen. Kinda like if you turn it to landscape, you will see it tiled differently.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Trav09 is a n00b

wow do i feel dumb lol. THanks so much. Anyone got a program to resize pictures on your computer so that i may edit them and upload them to my phone again?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

For this, you can do it in Paint that should be included in Windows, but if you want to do any graphucs work in the future, check out paint.net, it is free and works GREAT!!!!

http://www.paint.net/

P.S. Nothing to feel dumb about, we all had to start out somewhere!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia