PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

Boogeyman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Done deal, and it works! Thanks! Thanks to Haus as well. I realized after I posted that I could also copy and paste the text that Haus gives into notepad. Then re-save it as an .mscr rather than .txt file. Throw that file into the windows/startup folder. Then soft reset the phone or turn it off and then back on. Bam, problem solved. This backlight screen bug was driving me nuts all day until I found this thread! Appreciate the help!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
Done deal, and it works! Thanks! Thanks to Haus as well. I realized after I posted that I could also copy and paste the text that Haus gives into notepad. Then re-save it as an .mscr rather than .txt file. Throw that file into the windows/startup folder. Then soft reset the phone or turn it off and then back on. Bam, problem solved. This backlight screen bug was driving me nuts all day until I found this thread! Appreciate the help!
I'm glad you got it sorted. Yes, the attachments are at the bottom of the post, and I pasted the text of the .mscr file as well so that people could see what it does.

I'm glad the backlight fix helped you. If you can, do me a favor and hit the "thanks" button you see at the bottom of the post(s) that helped you out. (if you haven't done so)

Nice to see more people enjoying this thread...I hope Samsung gets their act together and fixes this stuff (along with the message light), but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by haus; 12-24-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker

dmaister is a n00b

Thanks, this thread has been very helpful. Still no solution to the back button? For example, it gets annoying going into the system settings and selecting power to check on the battery, and then having no way of returning back to systems setting. Am I just clicking a wrong button or do you always have to do it all over again just to go to the settings screen you were in?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaister View Post
Thanks, this thread has been very helpful. Still no solution to the back button? For example, it gets annoying going into the system settings and selecting power to check on the battery, and then having no way of returning back to systems setting. Am I just clicking a wrong button or do you always have to do it all over again just to go to the settings screen you were in?
Nope - that's a common complaint, at least for the older builds of WM6.5. Rant about WM6.5 deleted on account of it being Christmas.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: intrepid
Carrier: sprint

venaka is a n00b

install shell spb and this phone shines
Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker

sharpe4 is a n00b

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to the world of forums/posting/etc. I’m also new to the world of smart phones but made the jump from a simple flip phone (Sanyo Katana II) to the Intrepid to have mobile access to personal and work email/calendars. On one hand, I love the Intrepid for the things it can do that my previous phone couldn’t. On the other hand, it’s quirks are annoying. I found this thread and see a lot of issues addressed that I’d like to fix by doing registry edits. I privately contacted Haus about it and he referred me to an article at "wmexperts.com". Thank you Haus!! I am definitely one of the people they mention at the beginning (baffled/scared). To my embarrassment, I am still feeling lost about how to do this. I understand how to use file explorer. I understand copying/pasting/etc. I have edited the folder views to unhide any hidden folders/files. I’ve tried finding the folders/files like “HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\NotiCharger” without any success. I’ve tried it on just the phone and while the phone is connected to my PC via the USB cord. Is there a program/software not on the phone that I need to download/add in order to see/edit the registry folders/files? If so, what is recommended? Same question for backing up the registry before editing. Again, I admit my ignorance and ask for your patience while I try figure out how to do this.

Dave
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpe4 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am completely new to the world of forums/posting/etc. I’m also new to the world of smart phones but made the jump from a simple flip phone (Sanyo Katana II) to the Intrepid to have mobile access to personal and work email/calendars. On one hand, I love the Intrepid for the things it can do that my previous phone couldn’t. On the other hand, it’s quirks are annoying. I found this thread and see a lot of issues addressed that I’d like to fix by doing registry edits. I privately contacted Haus about it and he referred me to an article at "wmexperts.com". Thank you Haus!! I am definitely one of the people they mention at the beginning (baffled/scared). To my embarrassment, I am still feeling lost about how to do this. I understand how to use file explorer. I understand copying/pasting/etc. I have edited the folder views to unhide any hidden folders/files. I’ve tried finding the folders/files like “HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\NotiCharger” without any success. I’ve tried it on just the phone and while the phone is connected to my PC via the USB cord. Is there a program/software not on the phone that I need to download/add in order to see/edit the registry folders/files? If so, what is recommended? Same question for backing up the registry before editing. Again, I admit my ignorance and ask for your patience while I try figure out how to do this.

Dave
WLECOM TO WINMO!!!

Step 1. Search for "Total Commander Cab" in google, download the .cab file, install that .cab file. Open "Total Commander", Start editing

Sorry this is a simple answer but total commander is where you want to start

As far as Backing-Up your registry. I dont know, i just hard reset if i mess something up, but "Sprite Backup" is a good program, dont know if it backs up the registry though...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Lurker

sharpe4 is a n00b

Thanks, for the quick reply. I'll try it out a little later this afternoon. Happy New Year to you all!!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Yes you do need a program to edit the registry, I use phm registry editor. I actually created a cab file if you're not comfortable editing the registry I posted in post 157 that changes the settings the way I like (specifics in the post).
Old 01-01-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

Has anyone had the problem after a while of the action/middle big button no longer being able to be used to snap a picture when the camera is open? I'm having that problem now and the only way I can take the picture/start the video is by hitting the camera button again, when it used to work to where I could hit the action button which is much easier.

What did I change/what do I need to change?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid