PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

tedtlogan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Am I the only one having this issue? Occasionally, just once a week or once every other week, seemingly after lots of data usage or something, when i call someone or someone calls me, they cannot hear me at all. even if i call them back, same thing. no one can hear me till i reset the phone(soft reset), then it works fine again.

this makes me think its a software, not hardware issue, but just curious if anyone else had thoughts
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23 View Post
What's wrong with the light?
If you set the LED light to blink when a new email or text message is received, the light will blink only for a random period of time, and then shut off. Sometimes it only blinks 2-3 times.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtlogan View Post
Am I the only one having this issue? Occasionally, just once a week or once every other week, seemingly after lots of data usage or something, when i call someone or someone calls me, they cannot hear me at all. even if i call them back, same thing. no one can hear me till i reset the phone(soft reset), then it works fine again.

this makes me think its a software, not hardware issue, but just curious if anyone else had thoughts
I read another post somewhere with the same issue, though maybe you posted on a couple of different forums? I would start a new thread to get better coverage/search hits - I haven't ever experienced this problem and it doesn't seem to be a common complaint.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
If you set the LED light to blink when a new email or text message is received, the light will blink only for a random period of time, and then shut off. Sometimes it only blinks 2-3 times.
Ok that's what I thought you were referring to, it does it on mine as well. Sometimes it doesn't even blink at all.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

I notice if you change the setting to make the clock show on the title bar of all applications, you no longer can see the battery.

is there a way to have both?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Not with any stock settings. That's why I mentioned that I use the Batti utility to show battery across the top of the screen all the time.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

I really like the wktask utility which uses the top pixel of the start menu as a battery meter not to mention it's task switching ability.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker

Matt2214 is a n00b

Quote:
That's the new WM6.5 start menu. You can hold down on any icon and move it to the top, but you can't move things down or "rearrange" (lame!). Best thing is to use a file manager and move unused icons into a folder (this is inside \Windows\Start Menu\Programs) so they don't clutter the screen.

This is one place the 240px high screen really suffers, since you can only see 8 icons at a time.
First off - THANKS HAUS! your tips have been great! Now this next reply may show off my OCD, but really it only took me a couple minutes to do. I've read in several reviews there is no way to re-arrange all of your icons - there is, you just have to be organized. Open an EXCEL, list all of your program icons, in the next cell assign them a group a= critical, b= high value, c= low value, d= medium (I did this on purpose, critical and high end up at the top, medium at the very bottom, and low lost in the clutter inbetween) Next, go through your groups and replace the a,b,c,d with a numerical value in order of importance. Sort your list descending, then go through your phone moving each icon to the top in the order of your list. Voila! Everything ends up where you wanted it...
Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the comment.

As for your method, it's great except as I understand it, it's still a manual process. And every time you install a new program, you either have to move it to the top or leave it at the bottom.

I'm pretty sure there are utilities to allow moving start menu items around, maybe here or over at xda-developers. I'm too lazy to look them up at the moment. Microsoft really shafted users on this aspect of WM6.5, and Samsung kicked us while we are down with this 240px high display. Talk about a massive step backward. The old system of 7 icons on the start menu and a link to the full list was easier to deal with IMHO, and at least they were alphabetical once you got to the programs folder (at least I think they were?).

For shame, Microsoft...not everything has to look like an iPhone with just enough icon offset to avoid legal trouble with Apple.

/rant
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks Matt, I appreciate the comment.

As for your method, it's great except as I understand it, it's still a manual process. And every time you install a new program, you either have to move it to the top or leave it at the bottom.

I'm pretty sure there are utilities to allow moving start menu items around, maybe here or over at xda-developers. I'm too lazy to look them up at the moment. Microsoft really shafted users on this aspect of WM6.5, and Samsung kicked us while we are down with this 240px high display. Talk about a massive step backward. The old system of 7 icons on the start menu and a link to the full list was easier to deal with IMHO, and at least they were alphabetical once you got to the programs folder (at least I think they were?).

For shame, Microsoft...not everything has to look like an iPhone with just enough icon offset to avoid legal trouble with Apple.

/rant
I think it's more like Sprint/Samsung shafted us by using an older build of WM 6.5. Apparently build 23037 has the ability to rearrange however you want. Check out the vids here: http://www.wmexperts.com/rearrange-s...items-winmo-65

Maybe if we're lucky Sprint will upgrade to this build when they send out the firmware updates.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid