PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

tedtlogan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

thanks! that is just the setting i was looking for=)
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtlogan View Post
thanks! that is just the setting i was looking for=)
Awesome...be great if you can click the "thanks" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

I need to have activesync running every once in a while to sync with my google account, but I set it to manually sync,.

However, I notice no matter how many times I kill it, it's ALWAYS running! Any way to make it run less?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

To my knowledge (and experience), Activesync always runs on Windows Mobile smartphones. Part of this is so that when you plug the phone into the PC a synchronization can be started automatically. Also Activesync is required for push exchange mail. On other devices, various hacks have been employed to stop activesync from running, but honestly with the specs of the Intrepid I wouldn't worry about it. Anything else you leave running is going to take far more resources, generally speaking.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-10-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

Anyone know how to find the serial number on the intrepid, so you can register the product on samsung.com? It won't accept HEX or DEC as the serial number on there.

Isn't there some place in the software it would be? It won't accept the MEID under phone information.

The site says to use the ESN, but I can't find that anywhere on the phone. Only hex/dec under the battery

thanks

Last edited by tedtlogan; 12-10-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jpzcd is a n00b

Haus,
I just got the intrepid and am wanting to make the keypad lights stay on longer. Looking at your first posts here I am unsure of how to do step # 2. Put the attached mortscript file into \Windows\startup. This script (interpreted by Mortscript.exe) will run in the background all the time. Can you please explain this?
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I can't really explain it better than what I wrote in my post...? Not trying to be difficult, but I put some serious time into those first few posts.

When I say "put the attached file..." that means use a file manager to literally put the file in that location, like you would on a personal computer, by copying and pasting.

The script will run in the background - this means that the script I wrote will constantly run in the background checking your backlight and keypad settings. Many programs run in the background all the time (they are usually referred to as processes)...like the phone software, for example, so the phone can receive incoming calls. This script is no different. And it spends most of its time in what's called "sleep" mode, basically waiting for 5 seconds at a time, doing nothing, and then checking your backlight settings.

I'm not sure how to better explain it...maybe someone else can take a shot, or if you have more specific questions...maybe I can help further...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtlogan View Post
Anyone know how to find the serial number on the intrepid, so you can register the product on samsung.com? It won't accept HEX or DEC as the serial number on there.

Isn't there some place in the software it would be? It won't accept the MEID under phone information.

The site says to use the ESN, but I can't find that anywhere on the phone. Only hex/dec under the battery

thanks
Last time I tried to register my phone with Samsung, the registration page claimed the Intrepid did not exist.

I'll poke around with it again, as I'd love to register and complain about the message notification light.

Edit: still unable to register this phone. Model SPH-I350 on the site does not match model SPH-i350 Intrepid (see the pics when you select "where is my model/serial number" - it's the wrong phone. If this wasn't a case for "do not buy this phone - no mfr support" I can't imagine what is.

Last edited by haus; 12-11-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

benman is a n00b

i've trying to replace autocorrect.0409.txt with my own file. every time i change the attributes in total commander and uncheck 'read only' as soon as i hit ok it reverts back to the original. no matter what i try i can't replace it.

any ideas? thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I'll poke around with it again, as I'd love to register and complain about the message notification light.
What's wrong with the light?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid