PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Boost Mobile

jac1599 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Perfect. Everything works like a charm now! THANKS!!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

tedtlogan is a n00b

Haus,

I did the registry hack for tethering you suggested, but I am getting an error regarding wrong vision user/pass.

Assuming I can get it working without pdanet/usbmodem, is there a disadvantage to using normal internet sharing as opposed to to with one of those programs, as in, the data is not masked the same and looks like a pc, etc?

Also, using wm 6.5 internet sharing, do you just use the phone as a modem from your pc and dial #777 no user/pass?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I didn't write the other programs so I don't know exactly how they work. I do know that any program that uses your data connection and turns your phone into a WiFi hotspot (so to speak) will drain your battery faster than licking the terminals with your tongue, so have a charger handy if you're going to go that route. That said, a lot of people swear by those programs. Any of these solutions are 'use at your own risk'...obviously carriers don't generally want people tethering and using their data plans as a substitute for home broadband service.

I don't use "phone as modem" - that's what you need the PAM plan add-on to do, and Sprint STUPIDLY (just in case any Sprint employees are reading this) doesn't allow PAM add-ons with Everything Data plans. In case any Sprint employees are still reading this, tethering should be a plan add-on, even if it's tiered (1GB, 5GB, whatever).

I connect the devices via bluetooth, and I use the BT PAN profile to initiate the connection from the PC after the phone has already connected. You never dial #777 from the PC the way you used to do with dial-up networking. The way it works now is BT PAN is a network service. The phone offers it's network connection over BT and you use the PC to connect to that network service. The only "dialing" occurs on the phone side when the ICS application connects to the data network.

Edit - got my netbook out, will write down the steps in post 1...bear with me.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

haus,

If you do it over usb, you don't do #777?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

No, I connect the phone and I get "new hardware detected: windows mobile based internet sharing device" and then it just connects. Shows up as a new LAN connection.

Edit: this is *after* pressing "connect" in ICS, with USB selected.

Last edited by haus; 12-04-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

tryle is a n00b

im completely loss as chief geek stated im a newby had this phone a month sunday and while i like it having to press screen a few times sucks also i love the htc weather app and was wondering did you know of any apps similiar i found g-weather but im not completely sold yet? any help would be appreciated and i dont have a clue as to where to start on entering those codes(clueless) lol HELP ME SOMEBODY !!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

I don't know if this has been covered, but is there a way to add Titanium Weather and use the CHome Editor to move the stuff on the Titanium screen?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23 View Post
I don't know if this has been covered, but is there a way to add Titanium Weather and use the CHome Editor to move the stuff on the Titanium screen?
yes. in the marketplace a program called "home customizer", has weather panel bulit in. but you can also do a google search for showaco titanium weather and chome editor both apps should work fine.

Last edited by raiderfan247365; 12-07-2009 at 08:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

Is there some regedit/tiny program you can install that makes the time display at the top of the phone at all times? I remember there being one for wm 6.0 or so. It would show the time in very small font at the top of all programs.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

There's start-settings - clocks and alarms - more tab - display clock in title bar in all apps. Then I use batti to show the battery status at the top of the screen.

There probably are programs to show both, I'm sure others will have recommendations, or since most of these solutions work on all WinMo devices you can check all other device threads or the software forum for other ideas.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid