PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Hey, that's nice! I stopped following the updates to WM6 because...firmware updates from Sprint/Samsung for the Intrepid? LOL!

Someone mentioned reStart in the comments on that page. Anyone tried reStart on the Intrepid?

Last edited by haus; 12-15-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

nutrapi is a n00b

this is one of the most active threads for the intrepid, so I just wanted to point out, that though I did not get Tomtom to work, I do have Garmin working on my phone for GPS, which is lightyears better than bing or google maps (though, bing for GPS is better than gmaps in my opinion).
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Hey, that's nice! I stopped following the updates to WM6 because...firmware updates from Sprint/Samsung for the Intrepid? LOL!

Someone mentioned reStart in the comments on that page. Anyone tried reStart on the Intrepid?

Ya restart did not work for me. I had it installed with a few other apps that i believe were making my intrepid suuuuper buggy (advanced config, hcomber, restart, showaco chome editor (not from marketplace) i am pretty sure none if not all these programs did not work properly on the intrepid, had to do a hard reset to fix it. Now i am scared to install apps!!! lol well not that scared but i do wonder if hcomber was causing the problem because i love changing my icons, think ill play around and report back
Old 12-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: SPRINT

FLOTHE1 is a n00b

im trying to get the animated weather screensaver can u help me out
Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

tedtlogan is a n00b

Is it possible to change the default picture directory that is opened when you open pictures/videos program? If so, where? I hate having to navigate back every single time.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

Thought some of ya'll might want to know about this:

----

1) Go to settings--> Personal--> Phone --> Hit the services tab at the bottom, click "alerts" and then hit "change setting"...
Old 12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

I find that I have to hard reset my phone a little more than I'd like. So I created a .cab with the following Tweaks that I use as per Haus's Tips (Helpful when you need to hard reset). The only thing it does is add regedits and nothing else.
  • Tethering Enabled
  • Turn off Charger Plug/Unplug Sound
  • Turn Off "Battery Fully Charged" Sound
  • Turn Off Dialing Beep
  • Turn Off In-Call Notification Sound
  • Remove Beep When Entering Roaming
Attached Files
File Type: cab Audio_Tweaks.cab (2.5 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Nice!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Lurker

Boogeyman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I can't really explain it better than what I wrote in my post...? Not trying to be difficult, but I put some serious time into those first few posts.

When I say "put the attached file..." that means use a file manager to literally put the file in that location, like you would on a personal computer, by copying and pasting.

The script will run in the background - this means that the script I wrote will constantly run in the background checking your backlight and keypad settings. Many programs run in the background all the time (they are usually referred to as processes)...like the phone software, for example, so the phone can receive incoming calls. This script is no different. And it spends most of its time in what's called "sleep" mode, basically waiting for 5 seconds at a time, doing nothing, and then checking your backlight settings.

I'm not sure how to better explain it...maybe someone else can take a shot, or if you have more specific questions...maybe I can help further...

My question is similar, but very specific. Btw this is my first post. I registered just for this question. I know to put the attached file into the Windows directory. However, I have no idea which one is the 'attached file'. I'm just clueless. Total noob here. I have MortScript installed, and can see the files. Just dunno which one it is. Is it a .exe file? .dll file? .txt file? Those are the only ones I can find. Did a little google search but can't find any .mscr files in the included links either. So I understand what I need to do... I just can't find the actual file that I need to throw in the Windows folder.

Btw great job on this thread. Your hard work no doubt helped tons of people, myself included.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

TalliWackr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
My question is similar, but very specific. Btw this is my first post. I registered just for this question. I know to put the attached file into the Windows directory. However, I have no idea which one is the 'attached file'. I'm just clueless. Total noob here. I have MortScript installed, and can see the files. Just dunno which one it is. Is it a .exe file? .dll file? .txt file? Those are the only ones I can find. Did a little google search but can't find any .mscr files in the included links either. So I understand what I need to do... I just can't find the actual file that I need to throw in the Windows folder.

Btw great job on this thread. Your hard work no doubt helped tons of people, myself included.
The attached file... is the one from the post.. at the bottom is the attached file location: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1257525318
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid