PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

What happens when you turn the sound off for new text messages in sounds and notifications (set it to vibrate only). Just curious, that's how mine is set, I wonder if that's it.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
What happens when you turn the sound off for new text messages in sounds and notifications (set it to vibrate only). Just curious, that's how mine is set, I wonder if that's it.
Isn't that like having the phone on silent. That will disabled the outgoing sound.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey Haus how did you manage to copy the startup.gif to the windows directory? Windows is not allowing me to copy and paste to the directory. I am getting the ready write error message.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
Isn't that like having the phone on silent. That will disabled the outgoing sound.
Yes...but I'm just trying to figure out why you guys get the beep on send and I don't. I'm kind of grasping at straws here to find the solution.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
Hey Haus how did you manage to copy the startup.gif to the windows directory? Windows is not allowing me to copy and paste to the directory. I am getting the ready write error message.
Odd, I thought it just gave me a warning about overwriting an existing file and copied when I confirmed. Are you on XP with Activesync or Vista/7 with Mobile Device Manager (or whatever it's called)?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Odd, I thought it just gave me a warning about overwriting an existing file and copied when I confirmed. Are you on XP with Activesync or Vista/7 with Mobile Device Manager (or whatever it's called)?
Yea I am using Active sync 4.5 on a server2k3 machine dual core, the xp machine is too slow. I also have mobile device manager for 7 as well on a laptop.

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-14-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

tedtlogan is a n00b

Quote:
Haus,

It vibrates for me because I made my settings to do that, but it shouldn't even do THAT. It vibrates because it pops up a notification that "message sent" then it vibrates.

I don't want it popping up that dialogue, which is why it's vibrating.

How do you get bluetooth transferred files to go somewhere else, like on SD, Instead of \my documents\?

Finally, has anyone else noticed Bing does not make a sound when you're supposed to turn your car, on this ppc? Is that just me?

Last edited by tedtlogan; 11-14-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

From your other post (linked to the TP thread), when this registry entry is set:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
SMSNOSentMsg = 1

This disables the Windows Mobile notification of SMS sent. I'm 99% sure my Intrepid had this set as the default. It stuck in my mind because on the TP it was set to 0, which allows the notification to show after every outgoing SMS.

Separately, people are getting a beep when the Samsung SMS program shows "Sending 1/1...", I think?

I'm offline for a couple of days, will look into it more after the weekend. It's solvable, since mine doesn't do it, I just don't know what the key is yet.

This is kind of off the wall, but what if you turn your ring volume all the way down? My ringer is on vibrate even when the phone "sound" is on, so my ring volume defaults to "0" (lowest point on the little bar).
Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
From your other post (linked to the TP thread), when this registry entry is set:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
SMSNOSentMsg = 1

This disables the Windows Mobile notification of SMS sent. I'm 99% sure my Intrepid had this set as the default. It stuck in my mind because on the TP it was set to 0, which allows the notification to show after every outgoing SMS.

Separately, people are getting a beep when the Samsung SMS program shows "Sending 1/1...", I think?

I'm offline for a couple of days, will look into it more after the weekend. It's solvable, since mine doesn't do it, I just don't know what the key is yet.

This is kind of off the wall, but what if you turn your ring volume all the way down? My ringer is on vibrate even when the phone "sound" is on, so my ring volume defaults to "0" (lowest point on the little bar).
That string defiantly doesn't work, before you go off line any reason why I would be getting the read and write error message when trying to copy to windows? I would like to try the new lock.cpr and the black start up page, windows will not let me copy.

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-14-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

This is weird but I think I found a way to disable the outgoing sound for the text alert. I don't know why this is, but you need to disable the new MMS message sound.

Start--- settings ----Sounds&Notifications---Notification tab, Event:messaging: New MMS message. Uncheck play sound.

I don't know why the MMS sound alert would have anything to do with the outgoing alert for SMS, but it does.

Can someone else test this out and let me know if this works for them?

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-14-2009 at 12:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid