View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

*** SOUND TWEAKS ***
=============================================

Moving all the sound changes here to clean things up. Post 1 is getting a little busy.

Turn off Charger Plug/Unplug Sound

Turn off the beep when you plug and unplug a charging cable:

[HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\NotiCharger]
set "Script" to "" (default is "p")

Don't simply clear the "Sound" key or it will just overwrite it with "\windows\dpadctl.wav" later on.

Turn Off "Battery Fully Charged" Sound

I've been looking for this one for awhile. The annoying beep you get when your battery is fully charged (who cares?):

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\FullCharging\
I'll try setting "Script" to blank for now; this one is hard for me to test because I usually only charge at night in silent mode, but once in awhile I charge at my desk and that sound bugs me to no end. If you try this, report back if it works.

Turn off Power On, Phone On, and Phone Off Sounds

There are something like 4 sounds that play, 2 on startup, 2 on shutdown:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PowerOff
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PowerOn
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PhoneOff
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PhoneOn

I set the "script" and "sound" values to each of these to blank. Unfortunately one of the "off" sounds still plays (I think it's PowerOff, since I hear nothing when I hold down the end key to turn the phone off, but I do hear it when I hold the power key to shut the phone off completely). I'm not sure how or why that last one still plays. If you're in a movie theater and you want to turn off your phone, put it in silent mode first.

Turn Off Dialing Beep and Change In-Call Notification Sound

Thanks to tedtlogan for finding this. Go to:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
set "Script" to blank. This will prevent dpadctl.wav from playing every time you make a call (really annoying sound).

Also you can change the sound you hear in your ear when you get a text during a call:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\InCallBuzz
set "Sound" to something else, like "Alert1.wma" for a nice simple two-tone beep.

Remove Beep When Entering Roaming

Thanks to jmel and canestim for helping get this one sorted. I haven't seen this myself because I don't roam around here, but apparently the annoying beep you hear when you enter a roaming area is popboxalert.wav (it's also the annoying beep you hear twice when the phone boots up from a soft reset).

To disable this annoying sound, go to:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PopBoxAlert

and set the "script" value from "p" to blank.

Jillbiz' Custom Ringtone Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbiz
To add “incoming call” ring tones to your Intrepid: Sync your phone to your PC, open “your device”, open “Windows” folder, Open “Ring” folder. Drop your wma files in. Sync phone again.

Disconnect phone and then go to Start>Settings>Sounds&Notifications. Select the Notifications tab. The true test is if the files show for incoming call, which if the file is wma, it will.

Notes:
*Don’t bother to put them in “My Ringtones” or “Sounds” folders, they won’t play.
*You can convert wav or mp3 files to wma with a few free converters, I use “Quick Media Converter 3.6.5” from cocoonsoftware.com. It’s free and I’ve used it for quite awhile. Midi files won’t play and they don’t seem to convert.
*I purposefully put “incoming call” because you can add non wma sound files to play for other notifications such as incoming texts but it will not play for incoming calls.
And then there's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
Back on the first page there is section on ring tones, it says you need WMA files for the ring tones, I dropped some mp3 files into the ring folder, they will play as ring tones, thought this might be useful for some.
Terry

Prevent SMS Sent Tone

Thanks to jp0213x for finding this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
This is weird but I think I found a way to disable the outgoing sound for the text alert. I don't know why this is, but you need to disable the new MMS message sound.

Start--- settings ----Sounds&Notifications---Notification tab, Event:messaging: New MMS message. Uncheck play sound.

I don't know why the MMS sound alert would have anything to do with the outgoing alert for SMS, but it does.

Last edited by haus; 04-04-2010 at 12:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.