PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Thanks Terry, I've quoted your post in the sound tweaks post.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

tedtlogan is a n00b

Haus, do you think the update will come from samsung or sprint for the intrepid?

I KNOW there is some way to get plain compose window for sms. I have done it repeatedly in the past, but after a hard reset, it goes back to that nice pretty sms compose.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Honestly, I do not believe there will be any official (or unofficial) updates for the Intrepid. That's just my belief...take with a grain of salt. But consider the obvious issues with the Intrepid that have existed for roughly 6 months now (things like backlight dimming and message indicator - the latter of which was even fixed on a previous Samsung handset!), and they have not released so much as a patch.

Can't speak to the SMS compose window. Maybe it's a registry edit you found for another device? I rarely use SMS so it's not a driving issue for me, and at this point I've switched to the Touch Pro 2 and I couldn't be happier.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Honestly, I do not believe there will be any official (or unofficial) updates for the Intrepid. That's just my belief...take with a grain of salt. But consider the obvious issues with the Intrepid that have existed for roughly 6 months now (things like backlight dimming and message indicator - the latter of which was even fixed on a previous Samsung handset!), and they have not released so much as a patch.

Can't speak to the SMS compose window. Maybe it's a registry edit you found for another device? I rarely use SMS so it's not a driving issue for me, and at this point I've switched to the Touch Pro 2 and I couldn't be happier.
haha you made the jump to the TP2 as well my friend, the big screen lured you in finally But seriously, why does the intrepid get treated like they released it on accident. And isnt there supposed to be a Verizon version...
Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I love the TP2. I mean, it has issues like any WM phone but WOW what an amazing device. I should have skipped the Intrepid from the get-go, but after seeing the touch navigation improvements they made on the TP2 I don't miss the d-pad and keyboard nearly as much as I thought. And that hardware keyboard on the TP2...it's a joy to use. I have never touched a better keyboard. My attempt at saving money by going with the Intrepid ended up costing me more since I had to buy the TP2 later on from Ebay. But lest this turn into a TP2 love-fest...

I think the Intrepid was released quickly, with little QA beyond the most cursory review by a group that didn't put the device through real-world paces. I've always thought Sprint wanted to be the first to get a WM6.5 phone out there, even if it wasn't quite ready.

Not sure why VZW never released it. It sounds miles better than the Saga (which is getting pounded in the reviews on VZW), but maybe VZW thinks it looks too much like a Blackberry. Don't know...the carrier decisions are always a bit of a mystery.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Personilly I like the intrepid, I looked at the TP2, I am sure it is a fine device, but no way am I going to pay that much for a PHONE!
I don't know if there was some kind of an update to the intrepid or not, but I have not experienced the "Bug" that some have mentioned, it just seams to work, I like it better then I ever did the HTC Touch.
Terry
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
Personilly I like the intrepid, I looked at the TP2, I am sure it is a fine device, but no way am I going to pay that much for a PHONE!
I wouldn't either. The TP2 is not just a phone. Neither is the Intrepid, for that matter. Just the TP2 makes traveling without a laptop a *lot* more enjoyable for me.

But I'm not here to debate the merits or the existence of the bugs with you or anyone else. I tried to give to this user community while I used the device and I think we all got a lot of things done. The Intrepid isn't a bad device, and if it meets your needs that's awesome. It's a thin, attractive smartphone with great battery life. I will probably keep mine as my backup device (I always keep one) over my Touch Pro.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Ace

Choclab is a n00b

Interesting development from Haus and others, considering I've come *this* close to getting an Intrepid for a while, but every time I try it at the Sprint store, it just seems to be not quite there. Was considering getting a TP2 since they just dropped the price. I would prefer the bar form factor with a keyboard I don't have to flip out -- I didn't like that on a Moment I returned -- but I guess the larger screen would make up for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I wouldn't either. The TP2 is not just a phone. Neither is the Intrepid, for that matter. Just the TP2 makes traveling without a laptop a *lot* more enjoyable for me.

But I'm not here to debate the merits or the existence of the bugs with you or anyone else. I tried to give to this user community while I used the device and I think we all got a lot of things done. The Intrepid isn't a bad device, and if it meets your needs that's awesome. It's a thin, attractive smartphone with great battery life. I will probably keep mine as my backup device (I always keep one) over my Touch Pro.
after coming back here for the fun of it, i'm glad to welcome you to the tp2, esp after seeing all the work you've done for the intrepid!

just curious, are you knowledgable enough to become a chef or are you gonna just tinker around with other people's roms and stuff?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
just curious, are you knowledgable enough to become a chef or are you gonna just tinker around with other people's roms and stuff?
I appreciate the kudos. Last time I cooked a ROM by hand was for the Apache (XV6700)...probably not going to happen again. Besides, there's lots of great work on the TP2 already. I'm actually running stock and I'm quite happy with the performance of the TP2 out of the box with Titanium.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid