PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i900
Carrier: maxis 3G

aheas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to aheas Send a message via Skype™ to aheas
Re: Custom Taskbar

sorry ...i'm new to this taskbar ...how i can make the htc start icon show ?
who to teach me ?thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheas View Post
who to teach me ?thanks
Open your shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui with PE Explorer and replace the iconentry 292 with your htc icon.ico.
Radio: 3.43.25.19

2nd Device: HTC Touch Diamond
Network: Tele2 Sweden
ROM: Gen.Y D2 R2-Rev.Y (WM6.1 B21054 TF3D2.1 WWE)
Radio: 1.13.25.24
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

dumb question but i need to ask this...if I attempt to install a new custom start icon but i already have Bear Bonz taskbar installed will it work?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 08-15-2009, 09:20 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
dumb question but i need to ask this...if I attempt to install a new custom start icon but i already have Bear Bonz taskbar installed will it work?
yeah, it will work. I have done it by cab version as well as by changing the icon out of the dll w/ the GF bear bonz tb. I had no ill affects when uninstalling them as well. So you are good to go bro.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
who to teach me ?thanks
If you want to get in depth and learn how to do all the mods yourself, check and read over Tsowens first post of this thread and the other posts he refrences there. Tsowen does more than an adequate job breaking the hows-to of task bar dll swapping and icon changing.

If you arent lookin to do the work you can dig through this thread http:forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2753669 (linked also in the tsowen post I mentioned above)in that thread you will find dlls and cabs with the htc logo for use with anytaskbar. Ya just have to dig through the posts and you will be hooked up brotha.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Lurker

aheas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post

I spent so much time changing icons, i don't even know if i included them all in this preview, haha. There are 3 versions of the shellres.dll included in the rar, one with my newly styled htc logo, the old htc logo, and the round windows logo, choose your poison. Just remember to rename the file to shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui accordingly! All of the other files should just be replaced with the ones in your windows folder. I know this is a pain in the *** for some, but it is actually really simple. I am sure tsowen, or someone else, will be along soon to help me out with a CAB file for all the rest of you people! ---CAB's Added!---

Don't fret GSM people, I will have an update soon with the known changes that work for your taskbars. Maybe one day we will figure out how to change your signal bars!

As always comments, criticism, and DONATIONS![see sig] are welcome.

The RAR file includes all of the dll's. And the three zip files are the CAB's [big thanks to tsowen], just choose which start icon you would like!
[The first ZIP is the new HTC icon, second is the old HTC icon, and third is the round windows icon.]
[Also included is the new version of HTCVolumeControl in case you are encountering any problems]

dear master ..
i have installed ur htc start taskbar ..after soft-reset the htc icon does not show up ...
can you teach ?thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker

aheas is a n00b

hi master ...i cannot find this shellres.192.dll.0409.mui or shellres.192.dll in my windows folder ....why ?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
hi master ...i cannot find this shellres.192.dll.0409.mui or shellres.192.dll in my windows folder ....why ?
probably becaue you haven't indicated in your File Explorer Program to show Hidden files and System files. Try That!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Lurker

aheas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
probably becaue you haven't indicated in your File Explorer Program to show Hidden files and System files. Try That!

it's show all files but yet i still could not find the files
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Are you using just the windows file explorer? Just install a program called Total Comander. This is a much more powerful file explorer that gives you more options and abilities. Install TC via cab file attached, then go into your windows folder and look for the files you are wanting to change. Also as I mentioned in my previous post, the thread at xda has cab files of start icons only as well as already altered dlls you can use, including the htc logo you are looking for. Depending on your device and res you may find a specific cab that will work better than another. Trial and error my friend, trial and error.....

It may seem overwhelming at first just use tsowens first few post and the posts he refrences in them as a guide, then use the rest of the thread to find out all the odds and ins and troubleshooting everyone else has been doing to help you figure out your issue. I have been able to figure out nearly all issues just by reading every post in the thread ( I LOVE CUSTOM TASKBARS) everyone around here is here to help if you are willing to help yourself as well!
Attached Files
File Type: cab tcmdpocketarm.cab (486.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes