PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

1. First install the sdkcerts.cab
2. Install Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab
3. Install darklord battery metre v2_fixed.cab
4. To have your battery meter give you actual % such as 33% instead of in increments of 10 install nuePowerDriverCDMADiamond-100-v1.0-cab.cab updated 11/13/08
5. To fix the battery % either use a registry editor and change the settings as posted below or install FInixNOverBatteryIconsOnly.zip (no need to do both) updated 11/11/08
6. To fix the little font when you click the speaker icon install HTCVolumeControl.dll in the attachment below (Thanks opuscroakus) updated 12/5/08

i flashed MR6 and have the tsowentaskbar 6 for 6.5. i am wondering if the same still applied as to the prerequisites listed above for installation of this updated 6.5 taskbar??? if so, the link above to the nuepowerdriver...., doesnt list the file. is this even still necessary? thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Sulten is just getting started

can the 6.5 tasbars work on the 6.1? or do you have to have 6.5 to install 6.5 taskbars
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XDA Ignito
Carrier: uk O2

Darren8448 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulten View Post
can the 6.5 tasbars work on the 6.1? or do you have to have 6.5 to install 6.5 taskbars
they are segregated because they cause problems on the wrong ROM so please stick to the ROM they were designed for Majority of taskbars by the main designers have conversions to both formats, hope this helps
Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

I am back from vaccation and will try to catch up and respond to all the PM's and questions as soon as I can.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
I am back from vaccation and will try to catch up and respond to all the PM's and questions as soon as I can.
when u get a chance, can u take a look at that last taskbar that Crazylilboy created
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
when u get a chance, can u take a look at that last taskbar that Crazylilboy created
I already have, it needs some work done to it and will take a little time to finish.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit

So I am creating my own taskbar and will post the files as soon I can work out some issues.

For the Touch Pro do I edit the notify.dll or the notify.dll.0409.mui? I was running the stock Verizon ROM. I had issues with the notify.dll see below.

I ran into an issue trying to change the notify.dll. When I changed my icon and added my new dll it messed things up pretty bad on the device. My battery icon started freaking out and would on show a static icon whether it be the full battery or only the charging icon. I also lost the abilty to set an alarm and have my old alarm go off and I could not receive e-mails. Luckily everything that we are doing can be undone with a ROM flash.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I already have, it needs some work done to it and will take a little time to finish.
Sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was just something needed to be signed or packaged properly. Oh well, when u get a chance Im sure you'll make a fantastic taskbar out of it with an enlarged menu and all. It has alot of potential and I know youre a man of variety so it will get done. Thanks in advance bro
Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

While I was out I received several PM's asking when I am I going to release my new taskbar updates (that have been out for weeks lol) so since you guys don't like to read through post and want your cake and ice cream as well here are the links:

This is for the taskbar 3 update and is WM 6.1 for the time until I get a chance to convert it. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1145

Here is the one with the new speakers and other updates for the taskbar 6 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1039 if you want the old school wait cursor then here it is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1091

Like I said give me until this weekend to convert these to WM 6.5

This weekend I plan to clean this thread up and clean up the first few threads making everything look better. I will post links to all the important stuff like the rA icons, speaker fixes for those who are not US/UK etc..., also convert the rest of the taskbars to WM 6.5 and also see what I can do for crazylilboys new set. So as you can see lots to do so please be patient and I will get all of this done as soon and as fast as I can.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
While I was out I received several PM's asking when I am I going to release my new..............

................Thanks, you're the greatest!!!!!

Last edited by quadjacks; 07-08-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes