PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

wickidninja is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

theres alot of pages here i couldnt find the answer to this one, when i install this one, everything works fine, except the signal. it uses the default one, and once in awhile the earth icon appears, then disappears. any one else get this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post

I spent so much time changing icons, i don't even know if i included them all in this preview, haha. There are 3 versions of the shellres.dll included in the rar, one with my newly styled htc logo, the old htc logo, and the round windows logo, choose your poison. Just remember to rename the file to shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui accordingly! All of the other files should just be replaced with the ones in your windows folder. I know this is a pain in the *** for some, but it is actually really simple. I am sure tsowen, or someone else, will be along soon to help me out with a CAB file for all the rest of you people! ---CAB's Added!---

Don't fret GSM people, I will have an update soon with the known changes that work for your taskbars. Maybe one day we will figure out how to change your signal bars!

As always comments, criticism, and DONATIONS![see sig] are welcome.

The RAR file includes all of the dll's. And the three zip files are the CAB's [big thanks to tsowen], just choose which start icon you would like!
[The first ZIP is the new HTC icon, second is the old HTC icon, and third is the round windows icon.]
[Also included is the new version of HTCVolumeControl in case you are encountering any problems]
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickidninja View Post
theres alot of pages here i couldnt find the answer to this one, when i install this one, everything works fine, except the signal. it uses the default one, and once in awhile the earth icon appears, then disappears. any one else get this issue?
First off, please don't quote big images like that. It eats into our bandwidth. Second, are you using a custom rom?

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i900
Carrier: maxis 3G

aheas is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to aheas Send a message via Skype™ to aheas
Re: Custom Start Icon/Battery/Speaker and EV 1X Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Start Icons
To insert these you are going to edit your "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" or "shellres.192.dll" depending upon which one you have.

See the first post and look at the section How to create your own Start Icon (VGA)
Here are some Start Icon's for you guys. Refer to the first page on how to create your own. You can use a free program called IcoFx for converting or editing icon's
This is the folder called Ico.zip

This is the folder called Vista Orbs

master ..what is the password of these zip file ?when i try to unzip it asked for unzip password
thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hermes 300 (htc)400Mhz & i-mate Jam 410Mhz
Carrier: Vodafone & Three

ellenar_dj is a n00b

Nice work bro, keep it up! ps. ppcGeeks seems more to the point than xda forums, where have you lot been all these years? You hardly appear in google, i kept on getting xda forums and many don't stick to the rules and post plenty corrupt and unusable files and links! L
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenar_dj View Post
Nice work bro, keep it up! ps. ppcGeeks seems more to the point than xda forums, where have you lot been all these years? You hardly appear in google, i kept on getting xda forums and many don't stick to the rules and post plenty corrupt and unusable files and links! L
Since XDA is mostly GSM, they are a lot more global than PPCGeeks is. They're a lot bigger than we are.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: Rogers

hilaireg is a n00b
Question Icon Change in HTCVolumeControl.dll

I need to update the icons in a new version of HTCVolumeControl.dll (2.1.1914.2727).

Using PE Explorer, I exported the three icons from TSOWEN's version of HTCVolumeControl.dll (1.0.1817.2830). When I try to replace the icons in the new HTCVolumeControl.dll, I get an error message "Replacement Source are of different pixel sizes and/or color depths".

Sure enough, when I look at Group Icon I see 32x32 1-bit; Icon Entry Ord: 1 in the new HTCVolumeControl.dll and 32x32 32-bit; Icon Entry Ord: 1 in TSOWEN's version of HTCVolumeControl.dll.

I'm told I shouldn't use RESHACK as it corrupts newer .DLL/.EXE. How does one change an icon resource entry from 1-bit to 32-bit. I'm obviously missing a step ...

Last edited by hilaireg; 08-21-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenar_dj View Post
Lol you never googled tsowentaskbar?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheas View Post
master ..what is the password of these zip file ?when i try to unzip it asked for unzip password
thanks
Neither one requires a password, try again
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:21 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Lol you never googled tsowentaskbar?
Results 1 - 10 of about 6,100 for tsowentaskbar

Old 08-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i900
Carrier: maxis 3G

aheas is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to aheas Send a message via Skype™ to aheas

master ...how to hack signalbar from 4 to 6 ???
Registry Hack to Change from Sprint 7 Bars to Telus 5 Bars (only 6 & 4 bars show up)
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars updated 11/25/08

my registry does not have pghoneExtendFunction
do i have to add it myself ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes