PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i900
Carrier: maxis 3G

aheas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to aheas Send a message via Skype™ to aheas
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Are you using just the windows file explorer? Just install a program called Total Comander. This is a much more powerful file explorer that gives you more options and abilities. Install TC via cab file attached, then go into your windows folder and look for the files you are wanting to change. Also as I mentioned in my previous post, the thread at xda has cab files of start icons only as well as already altered dlls you can use, including the htc logo you are looking for. Depending on your device and res you may find a specific cab that will work better than another. Trial and error my friend, trial and error.....

It may seem overwhelming at first just use tsowens first few post and the posts he refrences in them as a guide, then use the rest of the thread to find out all the odds and ins and troubleshooting everyone else has been doing to help you figure out your issue. I have been able to figure out nearly all issues just by reading every post in the thread ( I LOVE CUSTOM TASKBARS) everyone around here is here to help if you are willing to help yourself as well!

i view the file thru explorer and i have total commander too
i have got
shellres.96.dll
shellres.dll
shellres.dll.0409
shellressapps.96.dll
shellressapps.dll
shellressapps.dll.0409.mui

where is the missing ?where else i can find it ?master ...
i just want the htc start icon badly ...
pls help .
Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

vincebb72 is just getting started

Yo guyz, I couldn't find a link for this taskbar 2 download? Any suggestions? Thx

Old 08-16-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincebb72 View Post
Yo guyz, I couldn't find a link for this taskbar 2 download? Any suggestions? Thx

I think that taskbar is only for 6.5 at the moment, don't know if the creator was going to make it for 6.1.
Radio: 3.43.25.19

2nd Device: HTC Touch Diamond
Network: Tele2 Sweden
ROM: Gen.Y D2 R2-Rev.Y (WM6.1 B21054 TF3D2.1 WWE)
Radio: 1.13.25.24
Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

vincebb72 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtQ View Post
I think that taskbar is only for 6.5 at the moment, don't know if the creator was going to make it for 6.1.

Thx for that speedy response ArtQ..Thats wha i thought..hmm
Old 08-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

ok, not sure what I am doing wrong...but how are you saving this...i know its not a binary file but I get 3 different choices on how to save using ResHacker

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Wink Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincebb72 View Post
Thx for that speedy response ArtQ..Thats wha i thought..hmm
When I first saw that TB I wanted to give 'er a whirl so I started looking for it in 6.1, which is not available yet that I am aware of either. I believe I read however that enough people are waiting for the 6.1 version that a few guys have been working on converting it over already with some progress. I read too many different ppc sites and threads(ADDICTION ADMITION IS STEP 1) to remember exactly who or where so I don't want to give any false info or credits, Im also not sure if these are resolution specific conversions either. I havent looked recently but I believe the 6.5 version is still not available in CDMA. Time to check again! I am sure the best of the best will get it all ironed out and make it available soon........hope anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
ok, not sure what I am doing wrong...but how are you saving this...i know its not a binary file but I get 3 different choices on how to save using ResHacker
I just make my changes in ResHacker to my file then click save. After saving the file I resign it with msigner...bada boom bada bing.....brand new file with a new png....sorry couldn't resist...
Not sure exactly what you mean because I have had no issue with saving after changing several dlls in reshacker....lets learn together I guess.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheas View Post
i view the file thru explorer and i have total commander too
i have got
shellres.96.dll
shellres.dll
shellres.dll.0409
shellressapps.96.dll
shellressapps.dll
shellressapps.dll.0409.mui

where is the missing ?where else i can find it ?master ...
i just want the htc start icon badly ...
pls help .
Best advice I can give you at this point is to COMPLETELY READ the HOW TO on the thread I have mentioned twice and that Tsowen refrences and links in his first post of this thread. Other people have had your exact issue with not being able to find specific files and it is covered there, IN DEPTH. Often times foreign ROMs will have different set ups that can cause confusion.Depending on your device their are slight diffrences in the set up as well such as icon sizes & etc so keep that in mind as well when trying to pull and alter your own dll or use somone elses. I have read every post in that thread and can assure you you will find your ansewrs and dlls there along with several cabs that can install the logo you want for you without having to pull and alter dlls manually. Just go there and read the how-to's along with the thread and you will be set for start icon and start text mastery!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

well what I am saying is that I get multiple save options. One of which is "save as binary file".
The others are as follows:
Save as a binary file
Save as a .res
Save [icon group 4609:1033] resources
Save [icon group] resources
Save all resources

And when I click on replace icon i get the error Parameter is incorrect

Last edited by Weapondrift; 08-17-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
well what I am saying is that I get multiple save options. One of which is "save as binary file".
The others are as follows:
Save as a binary file
Save as a .res
Save [icon group 4609:1033] resources
Save [icon group] resources
Save all resources

And when I click on replace icon i get the error Parameter is incorrect
Use PE Explorer instead, just find the file in the "icon entry" tab and doubleclick it, then replace it with the icon.ico you want. Then save the .dll file or w/e you gotta open
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtQ View Post
Use PE Explorer instead, just find the file in the "icon entry" tab and doubleclick it, then replace it with the icon.ico you want. Then save the .dll file or w/e you gotta open
HOLY carp thats more complex then the other one! your trying to confuse me arent you lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes