PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I know I have been asking for a cab (sorry tsowen I am sure you are bogged down) to make this work due to whatever it is I don't seem to be doing right, but I never gave up trying.This issue has now dug under my skin! I can't figure it out. I now HAVE to get this figured out for my own peice of mind at this point. My first real hurdle of noob-hood so to speak. I have swapped start icons and start text already as well as updated the data connection with HCTLeeners icons, all with no help other than reading the instructions with no problems. I want to do this myself BUT need guidance now.

I have added the orange striped Ra icon I cut from tsowens Ra icon file to the tapres from the taskbar 6.2.1 as well as had one from dalepl (thank you again!) that had the blue tsowen Ra icon added. Every time I have tried to swap the dlls (not together of course, only when one didn't work!) so I can have the Ra icon I now get the wifi icon which is flashing constantly with the green and red arrows and red X as if its attempting to connect. I have no network icon at all now, no ugly E or Ra. Where do I go from here and what would cause this to happen? I am using the TP on stock Alltel ROM (another subject I need to address soon) if this helps. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtQ View Post
I changed the WIFI stuff from your taskbar Tsowen to HTCLeener's icons, I thought they looked more flashy. Tho I had to go into some more dll's too get it 100% edited.

EDIT: What do the H, 3G, E and G do in the tapres.192.dll? Sometimes I get that grey 3G and it looks really ugly. And I couldn't put another file at them in the tapres.192.dll because the bit of the icon was 1-bit..
OK I am BEGGING for some help now.

Tsowen I have sent you a couple PMs if you get a chance could ya look em over and see if the extra details conjure up a cause for the issue?

When I swapped the tapres out for one with an Ra icon rather than the ugly E, I somehow ended up with the wifi connecting icons (see my previous posts). This was with all other custom mods still on my phone. SO I HARD RESET and started with a blank slate. After swapping the tapres again I dont have the wifi or the ugly E.... I now some flippin how have the Active Sync icon with the red X over it!!!! I have tried five different tapres.192.dll and get the same results everytime. SO at this point of desperation I decided to flash the new alltel stock rom, hard rest and start all over agian! By process of trial and error I found that if I reinstall S2A w/ black dialer I go back to having the Wifi icons full time and as soon as I remove it I have the ActiveSync nonactive icon fulltime and no network icon at all???? For now I am leaving the phone bare until this issue is solved, but this was the only connection of any sort I could find between a bare phone and a few goodies on it.

Does ANYONE know why these icons are being called up by the system rather than the icon it should show? Also will someone else try this and see what happens for them. (even though one of them is from dalepl and it works fine for him and his alltel tp) I can upload my tapres with the orange Ra icon for someone to try if it would help anyone trouble shoot. Would anyone, hopefully tsowen can help me here, modify the original taskbar cab w/ Ra support so I can try to execute it that way and see if the system excepts it? One other note is I did try the GF bareBonz TB with the Ra support and it works flawlessly (doesn't fit my theme or style right now), but after looking into the files I don't see how it is set up any different than what I am manually doing to tsowentaskbar6....... Can someone please give me some assistance with this????
Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
OK I am BEGGING for some help now.

Tsowen I have sent you a couple PMs if you get a chance could ya look em over and see if the extra details conjure up a cause for the issue?

When I swapped the tapres out for one with an Ra icon rather than the ugly E, I somehow ended up with the wifi connecting icons (see my previous posts). This was with all other custom mods still on my phone. SO I HARD RESET and started with a blank slate. After swapping the tapres again I dont have the wifi or the ugly E.... I now some flippin how have the Active Sync icon with the red X over it!!!! I have tried five different tapres.192.dll and get the same results everytime. SO at this point of desperation I decided to flash the new alltel stock rom, hard rest and start all over agian! By process of trial and error I found that if I reinstall S2A w/ black dialer I go back to having the Wifi icons full time and as soon as I remove it I have the ActiveSync nonactive icon fulltime and no network icon at all???? For now I am leaving the phone bare until this issue is solved, but this was the only connection of any sort I could find between a bare phone and a few goodies on it.

Does ANYONE know why these icons are being called up by the system rather than the icon it should show? Also will someone else try this and see what happens for them. (even though one of them is from dalepl and it works fine for him and his alltel tp) I can upload my tapres with the orange Ra icon for someone to try if it would help anyone trouble shoot. Would anyone, hopefully tsowen can help me here, modify the original taskbar cab w/ Ra support so I can try to execute it that way and see if the system excepts it? One other note is I did try the GF bareBonz TB with the Ra support and it works flawlessly (doesn't fit my theme or style right now), but after looking into the files I don't see how it is set up any different than what I am manually doing to tsowentaskbar6....... Can someone please give me some assistance with this????
Okay. Tsowen asked me to see if I can help you out. Can you zip up and post the dlls you have been using here in this thread. I've been on 6.5 for a while, but I should be able to determine what went wrong when I see the dlls. Also, please pm me with any other details, like taskbar style, etc. Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Okay. Tsowen asked me to see if I can help you out. Can you zip up and post the dlls you have been using here in this thread. I've been on 6.5 for a while, but I should be able to determine what went wrong when I see the dlls. Also, please pm me with any other details, like taskbar style, etc. Thanks!
Thanks Gadget! Sorry just been real busy with work, Admin and Mod at XDA and a few side projects.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Thanks Gadget! Sorry just been real busy with work, Admin and Mod at XDA and a few side projects.
No worries! Got your back, man!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Also had the brakes put on me today, just received my new home PC I call up WINCE Cab Manager and PE Explorer to transfer my liscens and no can do so have to save up $99.00 for Cab Maker and $129.00 for PE Explorer so it will be a little bit before I am doing taskbar's or anything.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Also had the brakes put on me today, just received my new home PC I call up WINCE Cab Manager and PE Explorer to transfer my liscens and no can do so have to save up $99.00 for Cab Maker and $129.00 for PE Explorer so it will be a little bit before I am doing taskbar's or anything.
The licenses won't transfer?!?!?! That's crazy...
Old 08-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
The licenses won't transfer?!?!?! That's crazy...
Nope one time shot or deal sent several emails back and forth and they are non-transferable. One per machine per use.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mine
Carrier: d1

BoehserWolf is a n00b
Question Re: Custom Taskbar

Hi, following Problem:
I'm using tsowentaskbar6v3.1(lite).cab on a german HTC Touch Pro for a while. A few days ago, I tried to activate the option "show the clock on every screen" (or whatever it is named in english, because my rom is german). Afterwards I soft-resetted the device and from this point of time the battery icon was missing - or just overlaid maybe - see file "HTC_missingTaskbarIcons.jpg", top right corner:

In between I tried to uninstall this version which failed - see "HTC_UninstallingLatestVersionFailed.jpg" (don't disturb on the different versions shown on the picture, I'll explain later). I tried to soft-reset without success:

So I decided to over-install the same version: sdkcerts - tsowen - soft-reset - no success.
Next I over-installed another version: sdkcerts - tsowentaskbar6v2.1.cab - soft-reset - no success.
So I removed every file given in the cab from the windows-directory by myself and also removed every registry entry what the cab normally did - no success.
Now I'm not able to install the new version - see "HTC_InstallationFailed.jpg". The installation process stops in the middle of the process without showing what failed:

Any ideas what I can do now (whithout hard-resetting) would be great =D>
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
No worries! Got your back, man!
Ok mad props to you guys for all you do for the ppcgeek community and others, especially taking time to help out pest noobs like myself. I have attached two zips. One is a set of tapres I have tried using that I modified the icons in. The second is the originals I received from another user trying to help. I'll shoot ya a pm with details, as you requested. Thanks for the help, I look forward to figuring out what if anything Im not doing right so I can leave guys like yourself alone!

Tsowen thanks for taking the time as well man I appreciate it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

Yo, I just noticed the signal bars aren't edited, they are the original one (check http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1342). I checked all dll's from the .cab (Tsowen Taskbar6v3.2) and the files are there for the signal bars. What to do?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes