Thread: Custom Taskbar
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I know I have been asking for a cab (sorry tsowen I am sure you are bogged down) to make this work due to whatever it is I don't seem to be doing right, but I never gave up trying.This issue has now dug under my skin! I can't figure it out. I now HAVE to get this figured out for my own peice of mind at this point. My first real hurdle of noob-hood so to speak. I have swapped start icons and start text already as well as updated the data connection with HCTLeeners icons, all with no help other than reading the instructions with no problems. I want to do this myself BUT need guidance now.

I have added the orange striped Ra icon I cut from tsowens Ra icon file to the tapres from the taskbar 6.2.1 as well as had one from dalepl (thank you again!) that had the blue tsowen Ra icon added. Every time I have tried to swap the dlls (not together of course, only when one didn't work!) so I can have the Ra icon I now get the wifi icon which is flashing constantly with the green and red arrows and red X as if its attempting to connect. I have no network icon at all now, no ugly E or Ra. Where do I go from here and what would cause this to happen? I am using the TP on stock Alltel ROM (another subject I need to address soon) if this helps. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtQ View Post
I changed the WIFI stuff from your taskbar Tsowen to HTCLeener's icons, I thought they looked more flashy. Tho I had to go into some more dll's too get it 100% edited.

EDIT: What do the H, 3G, E and G do in the tapres.192.dll? Sometimes I get that grey 3G and it looks really ugly. And I couldn't put another file at them in the tapres.192.dll because the bit of the icon was 1-bit..
OK I am BEGGING for some help now.

Tsowen I have sent you a couple PMs if you get a chance could ya look em over and see if the extra details conjure up a cause for the issue?

When I swapped the tapres out for one with an Ra icon rather than the ugly E, I somehow ended up with the wifi connecting icons (see my previous posts). This was with all other custom mods still on my phone. SO I HARD RESET and started with a blank slate. After swapping the tapres again I dont have the wifi or the ugly E.... I now some flippin how have the Active Sync icon with the red X over it!!!! I have tried five different tapres.192.dll and get the same results everytime. SO at this point of desperation I decided to flash the new alltel stock rom, hard rest and start all over agian! By process of trial and error I found that if I reinstall S2A w/ black dialer I go back to having the Wifi icons full time and as soon as I remove it I have the ActiveSync nonactive icon fulltime and no network icon at all???? For now I am leaving the phone bare until this issue is solved, but this was the only connection of any sort I could find between a bare phone and a few goodies on it.

Does ANYONE know why these icons are being called up by the system rather than the icon it should show? Also will someone else try this and see what happens for them. (even though one of them is from dalepl and it works fine for him and his alltel tp) I can upload my tapres with the orange Ra icon for someone to try if it would help anyone trouble shoot. Would anyone, hopefully tsowen can help me here, modify the original taskbar cab w/ Ra support so I can try to execute it that way and see if the system excepts it? One other note is I did try the GF bareBonz TB with the Ra support and it works flawlessly (doesn't fit my theme or style right now), but after looking into the files I don't see how it is set up any different than what I am manually doing to tsowentaskbar6....... Can someone please give me some assistance with this????