PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Should I swap my diamond for a TP?

i work here at sprint, so ive been using both (diamond on my personal line). I think both phones are AWESOME. There are things I love about both, just like the mogul vs touch debate, they both have there respective strengths and weaknesses. It all boils down to the user. Ill be keeping my diamond though. 4 gigs is plenty for me and the size factor is also a big deal to me. I love the Pro also, but im past my 30 days so....

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work
Re: Should a swap my diamond for a TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
OP id say it depends on how much you use the hard keyboard.

Ill go the opposite direction here. There are some MAJOR quality control issues right now with the Pro with the dpad and earpiece. I just got home with my second Pro I got this morning and the speaker sounds blown and Im already sick of going to BB to swap it already- ill probably just return it for good this time and stick with the Diamond and go back to being out of contract. Im still on my first Diamond a month later and its been a flawless build.

All these people saying how one is more responsive or "better" are full of it. The same bull feud between the Touch and Mogul people all over again on whos device is better, except now these are EXACTLY the same devices just one has a keyboard and card slot slapped on. I have both in front of me and they both run equally as quickly opening the same programs and going through Touchflo

no matter what anyone says, yes the thickness is only the width of the stylus difference but it FEELS substantially bigger and heavier in the hand.
It does not feel that much bigger. Feels just fine in my pocket, and I am coming from a Touch. Holding it actually feels better. Love my touch, but Touch Pro is a nice upgrade to me.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

^ +1 for feeling better in my hand.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, formerly HTC Touch Pro

mi7chy is a n00b

With the exception of slideout keyboard and asthetics the Diamond Touch and Touch Pro have the same internal hardware/GPU/CPU/memory so in theory performance should be similar and any differences is probably related to the OS and software image. In the end, it boils down to personal decision. For me, I loathe virtual keyboards since I use it more as a laptop replacement for work network management. The TP is excellent but a Diamond HD Pro with slideout keyboard and larger screen, if it ever comes out, will be a definite future upgrade. The true usefulness and convergence of the laptop and phone has officially begun with the TP.

UPDATED - My bad. I was thinking of the Touch HD with the larger screen. A Touch HD Pro with slideout keyboard is what I'm dreaming of.

Last edited by mi7chy; 11-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the screens are identical in size (looking at both togather to make sure right now) and there are some hardware differences sd vs internal memory, flash vs no flash, different rom memory so its not the 1 to 1 you make it seem.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
the screens are identical in size (looking at both togather to make sure right now) and there are some hardware differences sd vs internal memory, flash vs no flash, different rom memory so its not the 1 to 1 you make it seem.
agreed, majorly similar, but alot of key differences
Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I'm ordered the swap tomorrow. I have read the debate over and over again, I love my Diamond, it's just I feel the Pro would better suit my individual needs. The Diamond is definitely smaller, and I don't know why any of you are saying this device isn't snappy. I've had mine well over a month, still on the stock rom(though I have mad some reg mods.) Whatever the case maybe though, this device is in no way fashion or form a slouch and neither will the TP be either.
I plan on doing a a thorough analysis of of both, I can't do a full review of the TP in a day. I mean I could but that wouldn't be fair to the Diamond, so I will post pics, and a gradual review. I'm going to do radio comparison, SIP response, my contacts don't lag at all but, I'll check that out to. I will use all of the reg mods I have used on my Diamond and apply them to the Pro. I probably am going to miss this small size though, it's really nice and 4gb is a lot of room for me to play with. The 2nd is just a few hours away, so better get ready to order,because I am.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
I'm ordered the swap tomorrow. I have read the debate over and over again, I love my Diamond, it's just I feel the Pro would better suit my individual needs. The Diamond is definitely smaller, and I don't know why any of you are saying this device isn't snappy. I've had mine well over a month, still on the stock rom(though I have mad some reg mods.) Whatever the case maybe though, this device is in no way fashion or form a slouch and neither will the TP be either.
I plan on doing a a thorough analysis of of both, I can't do a full review of the TP in a day. I mean I could but that wouldn't be fair to the Diamond, so I will post pics, and a gradual review. I'm going to do radio comparison, SIP response, my contacts don't lag at all but, I'll check that out to. I will use all of the reg mods I have used on my Diamond and apply them to the Pro. I probably am going to miss this small size though, it's really nice and 4gb is a lot of room for me to play with. The 2nd is just a few hours away, so better get ready to order,because I am.
Glad to hear you are getting the Touch Pro. I remember you from the Diamond forums. If people are saying that the Diamond is slow, then they have no idea what they are talking about. The Touch Pro and the Diamond are almost identical in terms of hardware. The ROMs on the other hand, at this point, are much different.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Glad to hear you are getting the Touch Pro. I remember you from the Diamond forums. If people are saying that the Diamond is slow, then they have no idea what they are talking about. The Touch Pro and the Diamond are almost identical in terms of hardware. The ROMs on the other hand, at this point, are much different.
I do miss the small and lightweight formfactor of the diamond. 4GB is plenty for me also. Heck I had a killer small soft leather (top loading) magnetic case (got it at radioshack) that was perfect for the D. I had to return it cause the TP just wouldn't fit. I've been trying to convince (begging actually) the wife to start a 4th line to keep it and use it strictly to take to work!! Nasty evil looks says it all!! It's not that the TP is better, it's that it's better for me. Like I said in the previous post, the only problem I had was the speed dial contacts in TF3D. On a stock rom, no reg edits (and with reg edits), and after multiple hard resets, It would get sluggish ( you know like your dragging a window on your PC from one side to the other but your PC is doing something intensive and it skips around)? It did that consistantly only after I added a 6th contact. 1st 5 it ran smooth as butter flicking through them. Maybe the phone is defective?? It wasn't so bad that I had to trade it in though. I'm just a tech freak and I have to have the latest. Sprint offered me the TP for even swap for the D and I took it, that's all. If I would've had to spend any money out of pocket whatsoever to trade, I would still have the D.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison