View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 AM
gator352
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Should I swap my diamond for a TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Glad to hear you are getting the Touch Pro. I remember you from the Diamond forums. If people are saying that the Diamond is slow, then they have no idea what they are talking about. The Touch Pro and the Diamond are almost identical in terms of hardware. The ROMs on the other hand, at this point, are much different.
I do miss the small and lightweight formfactor of the diamond. 4GB is plenty for me also. Heck I had a killer small soft leather (top loading) magnetic case (got it at radioshack) that was perfect for the D. I had to return it cause the TP just wouldn't fit. I've been trying to convince (begging actually) the wife to start a 4th line to keep it and use it strictly to take to work!! Nasty evil looks says it all!! It's not that the TP is better, it's that it's better for me. Like I said in the previous post, the only problem I had was the speed dial contacts in TF3D. On a stock rom, no reg edits (and with reg edits), and after multiple hard resets, It would get sluggish ( you know like your dragging a window on your PC from one side to the other but your PC is doing something intensive and it skips around)? It did that consistantly only after I added a 6th contact. 1st 5 it ran smooth as butter flicking through them. Maybe the phone is defective?? It wasn't so bad that I had to trade it in though. I'm just a tech freak and I have to have the latest. Sprint offered me the TP for even swap for the D and I took it, that's all. If I would've had to spend any money out of pocket whatsoever to trade, I would still have the D.