PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I swap my diamond for a TP?

Debating if i should call sprint..they said once the TP is out i can call for a free swap.
they already swapped my mogul for a diamond w/out contract extension and i got a $75 credit

but honestly, is the TP a better phone? is it worth the thickness?

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>

Last edited by Big D5; 11-01-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc
Re: Should a swap my diamond for a TP?

i dunno but the new qwerty on-screen keyboard on the TP (i think the diamond prolly has it too) is great and I find myself using it more than the hard keyboard (much more than I did on my Mogul). Other than that, I have no clue but my GF is going to activate her diamond today and i'll compare.

Last edited by huynhc; 11-01-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just switched from the diamond to the TP. The TP is a little thicker (about the thickness of your stylus difference) and is a little heavier but in no way a problem. I find the TP to be snappier in applications and TF3D, although not by much. I don't text anyone but my wife but I found that having the slideout keyboard made it much faster to text her without error. I'm not having to backspace so much!! LOL. Anyhow, I love both phones and both are sitting here on my desk starring at me cause I have'nt sent back the diamond yet. To be honest, I like the burgundy/black color scheme better then the chrome/silver color scheme of the TP. But to each his own. They both have thier flaws as any phone/electronics do but I find that the TP suits me better. DO I think it's worth the thickness? YES! Go for it dude, you get another 30 days so if you don't like it, return it again for the diamond.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I would do it. The touch pro is a better phone with better battery life and less quirks. I end up using the on screen keyboard a lot too but then again I am coming from a touch which left me no other option.

You won't be dissappointed its a great phone.
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Yes..........................
Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started

if you believe the rumors, the touch hd is coming out in the next year, so if you like the form factor of the diamond, wait it out for the hd.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Lurker

e03179 is a n00b

The on-screen keyboard is easy to use. You can switch the layout of the on-screen keyboard to several different types of keyboards including Full QWERTY, Compact QWERTY, and Keypad.

The screen is really responsive and I've got no trouble using the on-screen keyboard to enter text.

That said, I really like the 5-row slide out QWERTY keyboard. It makes entering text very easy. The 5 full rows of keys have a lot of common symbols and characters on theme that save time when compared to 3 and 4 row keyboards.

Think about how much text you are going to be entering and think about how much you will or will not miss a sliding 5 row keyboard.

Also, think about the weight. The Touch Pro is the heaviest phone I've carried. That said, I kind of like the weight. I think it will help me remember not to drop it!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
Debating if i should call sprint..they said once the TP is out i can call for a free swap.
they already swapped my mogul for a diamond w/out contract extension and i got a $75 credit

but honestly, is the TP a better phone? is it worth the thickness?
IMHO yes and yes
Old 11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

BILL THOMSON is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604 View Post
if you believe the rumors, the touch hd is coming out in the next year, so if you like the form factor of the diamond, wait it out for the hd.
Just saw in a mag called PCWORLD that the HD is NOT scheduled to hits the states...I would love it if it were but HTC said NO

Last edited by BILL THOMSON; 11-01-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

OP id say it depends on how much you use the hard keyboard.

Ill go the opposite direction here. There are some MAJOR quality control issues right now with the Pro with the dpad and earpiece. I just got home with my second Pro I got this morning and the speaker sounds blown and Im already sick of going to BB to swap it already- ill probably just return it for good this time and stick with the Diamond and go back to being out of contract. Im still on my first Diamond a month later and its been a flawless build.

All these people saying how one is more responsive or "better" are full of it. The same bull feud between the Touch and Mogul people all over again on whos device is better, except now these are EXACTLY the same devices just one has a keyboard and card slot slapped on. I have both in front of me and they both run equally as quickly opening the same programs and going through Touchflo

no matter what anyone says, yes the thickness is only the width of the stylus difference but it FEELS substantially bigger and heavier in the hand.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-01-2008 at 01:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison