PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

Everyone needs to chill out! Take a deep breath...inhale....exhale...relax.

Any more childish behavior and I'll close this down.

Thanks for your understanding and be sure to floss daily.

late,
Coz
Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

CEMIII is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Agreed with all Sleek looking but no wifi no WM6.x and no key board so no customazations (can i spell) which means no sling media adds and no hack jobs.
Those Verizon people are lucky they get the same phone at years end but with the keyboard
Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think the samsung instinct is a good "CELL" phone but the 6800 is a good "PPC". I dont think I'll ever go back to a cell phone.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
I think the samsung instinct is a good "CELL" phone but the 6800 is a good "PPC". I dont think I'll ever go back to a cell phone.
my sentiments exactly....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker

SxualChkL8 is a n00b

It seems to me that alot of people are just hating on this phone for 2 reasons.
1) They hate Samsung
2) They think PPC/WM is the only way to go.
I think if you just need corp e-mail, you want SMS/MMS and be able to send video, GPS, Rev. A, Internet (btw, you aren't really looking at the webpage when you are typing in a new url), 2 batteries, 2gb mem card, cradle, and a sleek good looking phone under $300, this is your choice.
I can't believe that there are alot of people sticking up for the Mogul with the Fourms loaded with "How can I fix the Mogul with extra apps and hacks" post.
Let's wait until the O/S is out of beta and see what it can do before we bash the crap out of it. It looks to be a good PHONE to me.

Last edited by SxualChkL8; 04-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxualChkL8 View Post
It seems to me that alot of people are just hating on this phone for 2 reasons.
1) They hate Samsung
2) They think PPC/WM is the only way to go.
I think if you just need corp e-mail, you want SMS/MMS and be able to send video, GPS, Rev. A, Internet (btw, you aren't really looking at the webpage when you are typing in a new url), and a sleek good looking phone, this is your choice.
I can't believe that there are alot of people sticking up for the Mogul with the Fourms loaded with "How can I fix the Mogul with extra apps and hacks" post.
Let's wait until the O/S is out of beta and see what i can do before we bash the crap out of it. It looks to be a good PHONE to me.
dear randy watson people are hating this phone because it's sprint's lame attempt to 'cash in' on the iphone's success. and when you judge the phone on THAT merit and see the phone for what it is -- a ploy -- that's what people are hating.

like the fake wii's they sell at kb toystores for like $20... it's just a crap imitation and that's what we're upset about... This will officially be the most marketed and promoted device Sprint has ever had to date... and to me that's just not right.

so the decision comes down to A) buy a iphone knock-off for $400 or B) buy a ppc WM6 Mogul with the Fourms loaded with "How can I fix the Mogul with extra apps and hacks" posts for $400 - $500 lol...
Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Lurker

SxualChkL8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
so the decision comes down to A) buy a iphone knock-off for $400 or B) buy a ppc WM6 Mogul with the Fourms loaded with "How can I fix the Mogul with extra apps and hacks" posts for $400 - $500 lol...
That's a tough decision. I guess I'll have to have both so I won't be so frustrated. LOL

BTW....That boy good! He can sing!

Last edited by SxualChkL8; 04-08-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

First I want to stand up for Samsung.

Remember the Razr hype? Samsung's answer.. the A900. I LOVED that phone. It was ten times the razr.

Yes i know blah blah people should innovate and not copy. But sometimes its better to improve upon an already existing concept. Here, its the all touch interface.

For custom apps, its java based and can run just about anything. While it might be limited to apps in the sprint store, im sure there will be hacks to allow 3rd party java apps to run. And being the the UI is java based, it wont be a project to run java apps like it is on a ppc.

This is going to be a SOLID phone. i-Phone killer? Probably not. Meant to cash in on i-Phone fad? Probably a little. But still it will be a solid and usefull phone.

And like many people have said, we should let the phone come out before making too many speculations and judgments.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Lurker

metlhed81 is a n00b

This is not a smartphone. all specs are on sprint.com. the Instinct will be a media phone with touch screen capabilities. No more. EVDO rev. 0 Broadband Network with phone as modem capabilties. No doubt it will be the biggest hit since the red razr for sprint this summer. A definit step up from a poor attempt of a media phone the Upstage. same demensions as Iphone.

I love my mogul but this BB8830 def. kicks some trash. cant wait for the BB Curve 8330!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Lurker

SxualChkL8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by metlhed81 View Post
This is not a smartphone. all specs are on sprint.com. the Instinct will be a media phone with touch screen capabilities. No more. EVDO rev. 0 Broadband Network with phone as modem capabilties. No doubt it will be the biggest hit since the red razr for sprint this summer. A definit step up from a poor attempt of a media phone the Upstage. same demensions as Iphone.

I love my mogul but this BB8830 def. kicks some trash. cant wait for the BB Curve 8330!
What are you talking about? The specs say that this phone "WILL" be able to be used as phone as a modem and it will have Rev. A.

Stop hating. I have the Mogul and I love it, but this phone hasn't come out yet and people want to talk about how buggy it is on "BETA" software. Just chill.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison