PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Exclamation samsung instinct vs. mogul

I have the htc mogul right now but im interested in the instinct from samsung that sprint is releasing in June. Who knows about? and what do you know? lets hear all the pros and cons please!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

cons: no wifi, looks like no full sized keyboard, iphone is ehh to begin with, not windows mobile
pros: looks sexy?
get it for your girlfriend or ur wife, not urself
just my two cents
Old 04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
cons: no wifi, looks like no full sized keyboard, iphone is ehh to begin with, not windows mobile
pros: looks sexy?
get it for your girlfriend or ur wife, not urself
just my two cents
Agreed

I couldn't live without my keyboard, and I love the benefits of Windows mobile.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

it looks like the real version of the phone had a hardware keyboard.. it was the u800 or something like that. weird.. sprint crippling the best part of a device to "save money," completely ignoring the fact the additional cost is p***** along to the customer.

if it had winmo and a hardware keyboard id be all over it..
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

if it had the sliding keyboard, WIFI, Win Mobile, plenty of ram, and a fast cpu and gpu. basically everything the mogul should have, I would be all over it. but not being able to use WMWiFiRouter is a dealbreaker for me.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i'm definitely not downgrading from a WM6.1 device to a poor imitation of the iphone... samsung and sprint really should be ashamed on this one... the fact that they intend to sell it for $400 while the real thing is about the same or only $100 is a cryin shame...
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

will yall get off of sprint's nuts, damn the phone aint even out yet an already calling it a cheap imitation, at least sprint is broadening their phone selection, it may seem like crap to some, but to others that aren't win mobile freaks will go crazy over it
let it launch before beating it down

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
will yall get off of sprint's nuts, damn the phone aint even out yet an already calling it a cheap imitation, at least sprint is broadening their phone selection, it may seem like crap to some, but to others that aren't win mobile freaks will go crazy over it
let it launch before beating it down
no one is bashing it, just listing the pros and the cons like the author asked us to
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

PLUS if you check out the specs of the phone, you will see that it really is a media phone, not a power vision one.. basically a sexier upstage, since when samsung made top notch smartphones anyway? if any
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

The phone looks pretty sweet and will hopefully do a lot for Sprint which will benefit us in the long run. Sprint getting more business gives them more room to take care of us.

Besides, I'm hoping that since they're adding visual voicemail functionality to their network for this phone that they'll give us apps to access it on our WM-based phones.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison