PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

JDiddyC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Moving to or considering another device?

1/2/2009 - UPDATE

Happy New Year!
Well the TP has been a great device. Thanks to |||Bored||| the GPS is possible for us VZW folks. I still love the device and have played around with various kitchens. Although my primary purpose and goal was to get GPS working with some of the desired applications. With what Bored has accomplished I've reverted to a locked TP with the VZW image on it AND GPS! Although the aGPS is still in the works, I love it. There are lots of great applications that I managed to find seperately as well that were in the Kitchen. As for performance, not bad with the original VZW image. (surprisingly enough) Although Windows Mobile seems to always get a bad reputation because of what the Vendors do to the OS. I think we can all agree on that!

</Update>

So I thought I'd start a new thread for those that are considering an upgraded or new device. Additionally, I wanted to say thank you to all those that helped me with my Titan.

I've moved on to the HTC Touch Pro and will obviously start reviewing and posting on that forum. So if you've moved to another device or considering it.... feel free to post your reviews or general comments.

HTC Touch Pro
- Pros
Double the memory, great apps by Verizon, supports up to 16gb microSD, great design with a completely flat and flush screen, sound quality is better
- Cons
Have had issues in which while on a call my voicemail dials out and others hear the prompting, had a few lockups that were resolved by hitting the pwr button twice (turn screen off, then back on)

Enjoy,
JDiddyC

Last edited by JDiddyC; 01-01-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: UPDATED Comments
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Moving to or considering another device?

I will be ditching the Verizon Touch Pro, at least for now. I will be moving on the Vogue. Need more memory and a better looking device...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I want the touch pro.... but i don't have the money right now. If only i could trade it for my mogul for free, or pay the difference ($30).
Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I am waiting for the HD to come out, then maybe wait for the cost to come down or get a used one on ebay. Although there may be some new development foe the Mogul by then.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

if i were with vzw i would be omnia all the way

Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiddyC View Post
- Pros
Double the memory, great apps by Verizon, supports up to 16gb microSD, great design with a completely flat and flush screen, sound quality is better
This is not a con as it leads to scratches on the screen for those who liek to lay it down face-forward. You better hope they dont have the same problematic issues with the pressure pads like they did with the Chocolates. Another Con, what about GPS?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:00 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

The Choclate was the WORST phone Verizon ever sold. When we were getting ready to look for new phones my sister wanted a Choclate and I told her NO. She would be filing insurance claims every week if she got it. But she insisted on it, but when we went to get our phones they had just discontinued the Choclate, she was mad but at least she didn't get a junk phone
Old 12-19-2008, 05:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

tdubbs27 is just getting started

I'm with sprint and thinking about jumping to the blackberry curve. The OS on the titan is to buggy for me. I want something a little slimmer even though it will have a larger surface area.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdubbs27 View Post
I'm with sprint and thinking about jumping to the blackberry curve. The OS on the titan is to buggy for me. I want something a little slimmer even though it will have a larger surface area.
why don't you wait 2 weeks and get the Treo Pro coming out if you wanna ditch titan...anyway i'm awaiting the next big release I have a Vogue, Pro , 800W , and I'm looking for a cheap Diamond in the meanwhile I'll just hold out....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison