PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   samsung instinct vs. mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23123)

jimmiekain 04-02-2008 08:55 PM

samsung instinct vs. mogul

I have the htc mogul right now but im interested in the instinct from samsung that sprint is releasing in June. Who knows about? and what do you know? lets hear all the pros and cons please!

rhannahs19 04-02-2008 09:11 PM

Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

cons: no wifi, looks like no full sized keyboard, iphone is ehh to begin with, not windows mobile
pros: looks sexy?
get it for your girlfriend or ur wife, not urself
just my two cents

badutahboy 04-02-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhannahs19 (Post 238895)
cons: no wifi, looks like no full sized keyboard, iphone is ehh to begin with, not windows mobile
pros: looks sexy?
get it for your girlfriend or ur wife, not urself
just my two cents

Agreed

I couldn't live without my keyboard, and I love the benefits of Windows mobile.

aughsum 04-02-2008 09:59 PM

it looks like the real version of the phone had a hardware keyboard.. it was the u800 or something like that. weird.. sprint crippling the best part of a device to "save money," completely ignoring the fact the additional cost is p***** along to the customer.

if it had winmo and a hardware keyboard id be all over it..

fishpony 04-02-2008 10:09 PM

if it had the sliding keyboard, WIFI, Win Mobile, plenty of ram, and a fast cpu and gpu. basically everything the mogul should have, I would be all over it. but not being able to use WMWiFiRouter is a dealbreaker for me.

InvincibleLiving 04-02-2008 10:33 PM

i'm definitely not downgrading from a WM6.1 device to a poor imitation of the iphone... samsung and sprint really should be ashamed on this one... the fact that they intend to sell it for $400 while the real thing is about the same or only $100 is a cryin shame...

blue4shizzle 04-02-2008 11:12 PM

will yall get off of sprint's nuts, damn the phone aint even out yet an already calling it a cheap imitation, at least sprint is broadening their phone selection, it may seem like crap to some, but to others that aren't win mobile freaks will go crazy over it
let it launch before beating it down

rhannahs19 04-02-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 238984)
will yall get off of sprint's nuts, damn the phone aint even out yet an already calling it a cheap imitation, at least sprint is broadening their phone selection, it may seem like crap to some, but to others that aren't win mobile freaks will go crazy over it
let it launch before beating it down

no one is bashing it, just listing the pros and the cons like the author asked us to

blue4shizzle 04-02-2008 11:15 PM

PLUS if you check out the specs of the phone, you will see that it really is a media phone, not a power vision one.. basically a sexier upstage, since when samsung made top notch smartphones anyway? if any

TurboFool 04-03-2008 12:09 AM

The phone looks pretty sweet and will hopefully do a lot for Sprint which will benefit us in the long run. Sprint getting more business gives them more room to take care of us.

Besides, I'm hoping that since they're adding visual voicemail functionality to their network for this phone that they'll give us apps to access it on our WM-based phones.