PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

Im pretty sure this phone will be NOTHING like our Moguls.Ive used many smartphones,and treos,and my last phone was the LG Voyager(Verizon) with the HTML browser also(which was junk!!).This phone looks pretty damn similiar to it(except the voyager had a QWERTY keyboard),actually it looks like its got almost all the same features also.

If you want to downgrade,then by all means pick it up.But the functionality and customization(cept ringtones and wallpapers),wont be there.

Its a multimedia device just like the Voyager,which im sure will be gimped in some way shape or form by Sprint (Verizon did it also).

The touchscreen was great but that sensation lasted about about 2 weeks,then it got old and cumbersome.I tried the screen keyboard for a few days,and EEK...it was not pretty!!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

The voyager? yuk thats what i was afraid of! I gotta say though that i have a few windows mobile phones myself and I was kind of looking for an alternative. Dont get me wrong I like my mogul but even with the new rom my blue tooth still sucks, i still have to reset at least once a day, pie still crashes daily there are a whole lot of things i love and hate about my mogul.... I guess what im saying is, isnt there anyone who has more positive to say about the instinct than negitive?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned User

creatoroperatordestroyer is a n00b

Can any one confirm that this is going to have the visual VM? I haven't read that in any of the revues that I have come across. If this is supposed to be an iPhone killer I think the UI has a long way to come...besides now that Apple has a SDK available that opens up the iphone for alot more apps than this phone just based on the iphones popularity. They should have developed something like this for Win mobile, with a way better looking UI. This will be cool for those people who aren't super geeks but still the Mogul wins...wi-fi, GPS, full keyboard, versitility of Win Moble and the plethera of apps/ dev availablet to it. IMO this will get at best an 'honorable attempt" at imitating the iphone, however it no way is a better option...lack of multi-touch screen, lack of accelerometer...there are some huge gaps that are left unfilled...althought the network speed is a huge plus and you're gonna need it especially without Wi-Fi.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

pro :it does have a fully qwerty on screen in landscape mode. No wifi, pretty descent UI , comes with a 2 gb micro sd card and supports up to 8gb. come with two batteries ,talk time up to 5.something hours. Comes with a battery sleeve ( like the upstage ) , Full net access (so they are saying) Comes stock with Windows Live ,but not WM, faster version of Sprint TV and GPS, push email & access to corperate accounts, also has over 50 stock TV channels. Built in working GPS (no need to buy a puck)

con : no wifi , non-customizable UI or keyboard, LCD is 2.5 inches wide (some say almost 3.0 but i dont belive it) , When in IE and using keyboard u have .7 inches of viewing space, Crappy Samsung OS

Last edited by Brera; 04-03-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52

You know I am more of a reader than a poster but I have to make an exception on this one. I am not going to lie, the phone looks and seems sweet. We all have that hope of Sprint to come with a phone that kicks the Iphone's butt. But lets be real. It's samsung and everyone knows samsung sucks, Yes their phones look hot, have the best features, etc. But it's samsung!!!! I can say this though, if Jesus so happens to come along and touch the phone with his grace aka if the phone is worth something, the pro's of it not being a pda or windows mobile based device would be our picture mail working again. But I hate to sound like a lame but I have to be real. All the samsung phones looked the best and gave hope, but the basis of the phones sucked.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatoroperatordestroyer View Post
Can any one confirm that this is going to have the visual VM? I haven't read that in any of the revues that I have come across. If this is supposed to be an iPhone killer I think the UI has a long way to come...besides now that Apple has a SDK available that opens up the iphone for alot more apps than this phone just based on the iphones popularity. They should have developed something like this for Win mobile, with a way better looking UI. This will be cool for those people who aren't super geeks but still the Mogul wins...wi-fi, GPS, full keyboard, versitility of Win Moble and the plethera of apps/ dev availablet to it. IMO this will get at best an 'honorable attempt" at imitating the iphone, however it no way is a better option...lack of multi-touch screen, lack of accelerometer...there are some huge gaps that are left unfilled...althought the network speed is a huge plus and you're gonna need it especially without Wi-Fi.

ahhh thats a big 10-4 on the visual voicemail!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

ok, i just now realized that the instinc was being "compared" against the mogul.. my previous posts were assuming yall were jus discussing the new phone and whatnot.. but in any case, yall are right.. actually this is a really stupid comparison, there is NO way this phone could top the mogul, ever.. actually, the ONLY non win mobile phone that you could even waste your breath on mentioning against the mogul is the i-phone, and even still most would say thats a dumb question.

case in point, the instinct is a MEDIA PHONE, not a smartphone.. big difference, like comparing a touch to an upstage, lmao.. plus this phone is by samsung... enough said, haha look at the instinct as if it was an upstage 2

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

i didnt really want to compare the two, i just wanted to get the opinions of the forum users and i didnt know there was a compare forum so i posted it in the mogul/titan forum just to get it on here. So it doesnt really matter if its a comparison or not i just wanna get all your opinions and actual facts that you may have on the instinct. (one of the moderators moved it from mogul/titan to comparision)
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the instinct has captured my attention enough for me to go in and look at one and consider trading my mogul off. i want to play with it for a solid hour before i even consider it ya know? it looks good, but all we can really do is speculate.

http://www.networkworld.com/slidesho...koffs.html?ts0

check out that link, you can click a pic of the instinct and get a little info on it. but all they seem to do is hail evdo...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

all i know is the real iphone killer an top notch win mobile device is gonna be the Xperia 1, and i swear if sprint picks that phone up.. its all over for my touch, lmao

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison