PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

jah_rankin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
all i know is the real iphone killer an top notch win mobile device is gonna be the Xperia 1, and i swear if sprint picks that phone up.. its all over for my touch, lmao
I see that this phone is rated as GSM.

U must hate yourself huh?????
Old 04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Instinct is not the "Iphone killer" or the alternative to a Mogul. The instinct is a touch-interface samsung. nothing really special about it except some of the browser features and it has stereo BT not that big a of a deal to me. I might get it to replace my Nextel i880 but i would never trade my mogul for anything except another Windows PPC.

Apparently the new in thing is all touch screen. Just because the iphone happens to be the most widely marketed phone since the RAZR, People automatically assume every touch screen phone made after it is an "IPhone Killer", and that isnt the case. Sorry for the rant, its just that Sprint gets blasted no matter what they do.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah_rankin View Post
I see that this phone is rated as GSM.

U must hate yourself huh?????
how about doing a little homework first you retard.. dont talk unless you know what you claim to let on.. just because its a gsm phone doesnt mean it cant be switched to cdma, if you really knew much you would know the touch was GSM before coming over seas.. and sony is considering making a cdma for the extra amount the would rack in.. some people should really jus keep their mouths shut before speaking.. my sig says it all

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
The Instinct is not the "Iphone killer" or the alternative to a Mogul. The instinct is a touch-interface samsung. nothing really special about it except some of the browser features and it has stereo BT not that big a of a deal to me. I might get it to replace my Nextel i880 but i would never trade my mogul for anything except another Windows PPC.

Apparently the new in thing is all touch screen. Just because the iphone happens to be the most widely marketed phone since the RAZR, People automatically assume every touch screen phone made after it is an "IPhone Killer", and that isnt the case. Sorry for the rant, its just that Sprint gets blasted no matter what they do.
hey its not all bad now.. the phone will have GPS and Rev A.. its going to be a hit, trust me
Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

TucanMobile is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
con : no wifi , non-customizable UI or keyboard, LCD is 2.5 inches wide (some say almost 3.0 but i dont belive it) , When in IE and using keyboard u have .7 inches of viewing space, Crappy Samsung OS
3.1" TFT LCD, 240x432, haptic touch screen. All technical specifications are here http://www.nowisgood.com/?id9=SEM

This phone will be great for Sprint. Most cell phone customers are not as informed or interested to be informed about cell phones as most of the people on this site. The Sprint Instinct will have more than enough features for your average Joe Schmoe cell phone user looking to stay with sprint, but still have something as cool as the iPhone. The UI will not be better the iPhone's, that is almost guaranteed. In fact I'll be willing to bet not even WM7 will have a more user friendly, responsive UI experience as the iPhone to be quite honest.

This phone will probably be more stable than our WM6 phones, but I know for me it wouldn't replace my Touch or Mogul (if I had a Mogul). It's a nice dumb phone, but it won't have any 3rd party apps among other things that have already been mentioned. It is reported to have Visual Voicemail. I believe was reported in the Sprint press release. It also has control of the internet browser by tilting the phone by using the camera. There is a video on this, but the technology looks finicky and doesn't seem to work in low light situations.

It's a cool phone but I would stick with your Mogul unless you have your 22 month $150 discount ready to go (I'm guessing the price after discount and rebate will be $150 just under the Blackberry Curve) and your sick of your Mogul. Don't forget you would have to live without a physical keyboard, wifi, and 3rd part apps, etc.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Lurker

keefin is a n00b

You couldnt pay me enough to take a Samsung phone.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefin View Post
You couldnt pay me enough to take a Samsung phone.
oh i'd take loot to take a samsung phone, but that doesnt mean i'd abandon my ppc

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah_rankin View Post
Do homework first huh? A!@ wipe! your sig tells me u hate yourself.
once again you prooved my previous post to be that much more right, do your homework before trying to sound smart, cuz you are really looking like an idiot right now, the phone does have gps and rev A

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/65620.html
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

The ONLY cool thing about the phone is its Voice POI GPS & the fact that it comes with a 2gb card and 2 batteries, everything else isnt that great. Button lag on closing and opening, apps load (with the "wait this is gonna take forever" rotating icon) slow. UI is not impressive, keyboard layout is wack, the viewing pane is everylovin small. You can only use the keyboard in landscape. Can't customize anything due to Samsungs crappy OS. The web surfing isnt impressive either. If you have to type into a search bar, good luck with the .5 viewing pane u get while using the keyboard. Photo viewing/zooming is crap. Its an ok phone for a normal phone user, but no where near compairable to the use of smartphone or ppc.

Here watch this AMAZING..ly crappy phone in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWya25m5i70
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

TucanMobile is just getting started

Bottom line is I think people who are looking for that definitive iPhone experience will be sorely let down. People who want a phone with a bunch of nice features, but don't want to deal with WM will be perfectly happy.

I'm hoping this phone really works out for Sprint because they sure as heck need it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison