PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
We aren't talking about CABLES here. We're talking about HDMI DEVICES. If the DEVICE isn't HDMI 1.4 and identifying itself as a 3D DEVICE, then it does not meet the 3D spec. And in your own link, it clearly says:
"Some of the confusion stems from the fact that 3D TVs and Blu-ray players have newer HDMI 1.4 connections. In an earlier blog, I discussed what the new HDMI 1.4 specification added, primarily new Ethernet and Audio Return channels, plus support for 3D technology, higher 4K (4,000 x 2,000) resolutions, expanded color gamuts, and new automotive connections. The 3D portion of the spec helped define the common 3D formats and resolutions (including support for dual-stream 1080p), and standardized the inputs and outputs so that any manufacturer's 3D Blu-ray player would work on another brand's 3D TV, and vide versa. (A subsequent addition to the standard, called HDMI 1.4a, adds mandatory support for several 3D formats by broadcasters.)"

So I agree. You can absolutely get by with a cable not labeled as an HDMI 1.4 CABLE. But the DEVICE itself has to support HDMI 1.4, as your own link clearly states.
You are aware though that newer graphic cards are HDMI 1.4 right?

Quote:
Wrong. Again, prove it. Connect your PS3 or bluray player to any of those and then come back and admit you were wrong.
um..just because sony chose HDMI as their standard connector does not mean that its the only connector capable of transmitting 3D...

That said watch sony do 3D with HDMI 1.3: (and yes Im not talking about cables)

Sony's Blu-ray players do 3D in 1080p even with HDMI 1.3 -- Engadget HD

Quote:
Wrong. It also requires the ethernet return channel and a device identifying itself as a 3D device.
Thats only for HDMI....

Quote:
Uh, I read through it and I told you from the start the problem was when Comcast tried to activate it. It worked just fine with all the 2D channels, the problem was when they tried to add 3D channels.
ummm.did you read my first quote..that guy said that in comcasts system they have to activate it seperately because it counts as a premium channel..once he got comcast to send them special code he got it working 100%...

Quote:
Nobody, not one person in that link, claims they had it working 100% of the time for 100% of the programming.
I will then make a list for you of people who had it work from that thread:

Millionaire2K
Scarabaeus
sfmacintosh
Hokeysmoke
markez4
rdangel

See they all got it working fine!

Quote:
Your Verizon guy was only saying his Tivo worked just fine, NOT the
cablecard. So again, not sure what you are arguing here but it seems like you are just reaching and hoping your best guess as to how it works lands close to reality. Seriously man, you are way off on how this works.
Read the whole thing! especially this:

Quote:
I recently TIVO'ed the Pats game in 3d on Fios TV HD1
The S3 that he uses has a cable card...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-27-2011, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You are aware though that newer graphic cards are HDMI 1.4 right?
Yes, I am. Apparently you don't understand why they are HDMI 1.4 though. Again, in order for it to meet the 3D spec it requires that HDMI 1.4 connection to a device that identifies itself as a 3D device. And again, you may be able to find some complicated backdoor workaround on some things, but it will still be out of spec and won't work on most things.

Quote:
um..just because sony chose HDMI as their standard connector does not mean that its the only connector capable of transmitting 3D...
It's not just Sony. It's any bluray player you buy (which is the only media where you can buy 3D movies), any satellite receiver, and any cable box. Basically anything compatible with 3D, as this is the 3D spec required in order to meet the 3D standard.

Quote:
That said watch sony do 3D with HDMI 1.3: (and yes Im not talking about cables)

Sony's Blu-ray players do 3D in 1080p even with HDMI 1.3 -- Engadget HD
Yes, I know you can do 3D over HDMI 1.3 in certain circumstances. You obviously don't know what you are talking about here or you would have brought that up sooner. Let me help you for a second- the PS3 is only HDMI 1.3. Now, let me tell you why that doesn't matter- because certain HDMI 1.3 devices can be upgraded to meet the 3D spec even though they are only HDMI 1.3. I actually have a Sony AV receiver that shipped with HDMI 1.3, and a firmware upgrade enabled it to work with 3D. Same thing with the PS3- it required a firmware update in order to work with 3D.

Quote:
Thats only for HDMI....
Right, and HDMI is required in order to meet the 3D spec. Show me one bluray player on the market that doesn't have HDMI.

Quote:
ummm.did you read my first quote..that guy said that in comcasts system they have to activate it seperately because it counts as a premium channel..once he got comcast to send them special code he got it working 100%...
Uh, no. He got one particular channel, not full 3D service.

I will then make a list for you of people who had it work from that thread:

Millionaire2K
Scarabaeus
sfmacintosh
Hokeysmoke
markez4
rdangel

Quote:
See they all got it working fine!
No they didn't. They got one channel.

Quote:
Read the whole thing! especially this:

The S3 that he uses has a cable card...
So are you claiming that this guy, or anyone else in that thread for that matter, had a tv that was not a 3D tv? These guys were all using 3D tv's and a device that uses HDMI to connect to them, and still had problems. You are telling me that based on all the trouble they had (and contrary to your claims, none of them ever got it working 100%) that somehow proves you will be able to do it on a 2D tv with a screen cover? Again, prove it. Their setups are a heck of a lot closer to meeting 3D spec than yours, and theirs might even meet the actual spec. Yet they still had trouble.

Go get yourself a PS3, bluray player, cable box, or whatever the heck you want. Then buy your screen cover. And then come back and admit you were wrong when it doesn't work the way you thought it would.

And again, I know you will probably be able to stream somethings, but you will have problems with most things. You too will be posting like it's a great accomplishment when you finally get one single thing to work. Guys like me will not think it's a big deal because everything will work and we'll be recording games just fine every day and never have any problems.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yes, I am. Apparently you don't understand why they are HDMI 1.4 though. Again, in order for it to meet the 3D spec it requires that HDMI 1.4 connection to a device that identifies itself as a 3D device. And again, you may be able to find some complicated backdoor workaround on some things, but it will still be out of spec and won't work on most things.
ok I see where you are confused..its the other way around..its not that 3D spec requires HDMI, its that HDMI is compatible with multiple 3D specs..but that does not mean HDMI is the only one that is compatible with other specs...HDMI is used on the consumers end.but both the RF cable and satellite are able to transmit 3d content...

When I send the data from my pc its in a container..and it displays visually same thing that is displayed on the screen..

Think of it equivalent to taking 3d content from your evo 3d and placing it on your pc and playing it..even though your monitor is 2d it still plays it...

Quote:
It's not just Sony. It's any bluray player you buy (which is the only media where you can buy 3D movies), any satellite receiver, and any cable box. Basically anything compatible with 3D, as this is the 3D spec required in order to meet the 3D standard.
pop quiz..who invented bluray?

Bluray is the popular format yes..but china dumped bluray for their own CBHD, which also has 3d movies...

As I said before, there are multiple 3D specs, HDMI is just one of the compatible interfaces that supports most of the 3d specs(not all)..its not a requirement!

Quote:
Right, and HDMI is required in order to meet the 3D spec. Show me one bluray player on the market that doesn't have HDMI.
Ok...here you go USB:

Amazon.com: Blu-Ray USB External Player DVDRW: Electronics

Quote:
Uh, no. He got one particular channel, not full 3D service.
He only had 1 channel...or at least cared for 1 channel..since he got 1 channel working that is already proof anyways, you have yet to prove otherwise where a person got 1 channel to work but not another...

Quote:
So are you claiming that this guy, or anyone else in that thread for that matter, had a tv that was not a 3D tv? These guys were all using 3D tv's and a device that uses HDMI to connect to them, and still had problems. You are telling me that based on all the trouble they had (and contrary to your claims, none of them ever got it working 100%) that somehow proves you will be able to do it on a 2D tv with a screen cover? Again, prove it. Their setups are a heck of a lot closer to meeting 3D spec than yours, and theirs might even meet the actual spec. Yet they still had trouble.

Go get yourself a PS3, bluray player, cable box, or whatever the heck you want. Then buy your screen cover. And then come back and admit you were wrong when it doesn't work the way you thought it would.

And again, I know you will probably be able to stream somethings, but you will have problems with most things. You too will be posting like it's a great accomplishment when you finally get one single thing to work. Guys like me will not think it's a big deal because everything will work and we'll be recording games just fine every day and never have any problems.
First of all I am not going to buy 3D gear since I don't plan on using it..its a waste of money...

And again the trouble they had was on comcasts end and the fact that people doing the activation were prob as helpful as sprint reps...its not their setups fault..

now that thats out of the way, last I checked we were debating on:

1) If cable card works for all programming 2d and 3d
2) Whether or not HDMI is required for 3D.
3) Whether or not HDMI 1.4 is required..
4) Whether or not a pc can take 3d signals and display it with a cover

lets not merge the debate topics as each is its own thing...so lets try to get some out of the way...

1) Can we agree that cable card is just an authentication and is irrelevant what content is being transmitted as its just an authentication?

2) I am guessing your still going to say HDMI is required...

3) I think we came to an agreement here that 1.4 is not the only one capable of 3D....

4) I am guessing your gonna disagree with this too...

so can we get 1 and 3 out of the way?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
ok I see where you are confused..its the other way around..its not that 3D spec requires HDMI, its that HDMI is compatible with multiple 3D specs..but that does not mean HDMI is the only one that is compatible with other specs...HDMI is used on the consumers end.but both the RF cable and satellite are able to transmit 3d content...
No they don't, lol. They transmit data that is later converted to a 3D video. You can't connect your tv into a cable line and get a 3D channel without a receiver. Why? Because they aren't sending a 3D video stream. They are sending something else that is later converted.

Quote:
When I send the data from my pc its in a container..and it displays visually same thing that is displayed on the screen..
Good luck getting a PS3, bluray player, directv box, cable box, or anything else for that matter, to send a 3D video stream to your PC. And if you somehow get it to, good luck sending that 3D video stream to your tv.

Quote:
Think of it equivalent to taking 3d content from your evo 3d and placing it on your pc and playing it..even though your monitor is 2d it still plays it...
Wrong again. The Evo 3D does not stream 3D video to my pc. Yes, I can manually transfer a video file to my PC (and my PC won't know what to do with it so it won't play it properly). I could probably force my computer to play it anyway, but I would be left with 2 images side by side (the same as the Evo 3D review videos where they forced their computer to play the 3D videos). So even if you put some screen cover on your tv, your tv would still need to be programmed somehow to know how to process the 3D videos. But if I connect my Evo to my computer it will not stream a 3D video to it.

Quote:
pop quiz..who invented bluray?
Sony. So? Go buy a Panasonic bluray player and it won't work either.

Quote:
Bluray is the popular format yes..but china dumped bluray for their own CBHD, which also has 3d movies...
So? Are you planning on moving to China or something? The fact of the matter is, if you are going to convert your tv to 3D, you need a lot more than a $25 cover for the screen, as you ridiculously claimed.

Quote:
As I said before, there are multiple 3D specs, HDMI is just one of the compatible interfaces that supports most of the 3d specs(not all)..its not a requirement!
It absolutely is too a requirement. Like I said, prove it. Go get a bluray player, cable box, satellite receiver, PS3, or whatever, and see if you can connect it via any other means other than HDMI and get a 3D signal to display. I already know the answer to this. You keep giving your best guess and pretending it's a fact, but it's not. It's your best guess, and it's wrong. I own a 3D tv and I am telling you, you're wrong. Go find anyone else that owns one and see if they agree with you. The TV has to know how to process the video. And the device sending the video to it has to know that it is sending the correct format.

Quote:
That does not say it's compatible with 3D bluray. This one does:
Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player: Televisions & Video
Nice try, but not quite there yet. Even if that was compatible with 3D bluray (which I'm almost positive it is not or else it would say) there is not a tv around that would connect to it and accept a signal from it.

Quote:
He only had 1 channel...or at least cared for 1 channel..since he got 1 channel working that is already proof anyways, you have yet to prove otherwise where a person got 1 channel to work but not another...
I have yet to prove? LOL! How about you prove something. I can say without a doubt that you have never used ANY 3D device, EVER. You are here talking out of your rear end and claiming it's a fact. I posted a link showing you many, many people who were actually using a 3D tv having all kinds of problems getting it to work through a series of devices that probably actually meet the 3D spec- certainly a lot closer to meeting it than your proposed setup. And you are somehow clinging to that as some kind of proof that your setup will work? LOL! All I can tell you is to prove it. Go buy your $25 cover for your tv, subscribe to the 3D channels from the cable company, and post a video of it working. We both know that won't happen. We both know that CAN'T happen. But you seem to like to argue so you refuse to admit it.

Quote:
First of all I am not going to buy 3D gear since I don't plan on using it..its a waste of money...
What 3D gear? You said all you need is a $25 cover for your tv and your PC will do the rest. Backtracking now?

Quote:
And again the trouble they had was on comcasts end and the fact that people doing the activation were prob as helpful as sprint reps...its not their setups fault..
It absolutely WAS their setup's fault. If you read the thread, the way the problem got solved was by using a Comcast box- which then gave the option to subscribe to the channels.

Quote:
now that thats out of the way, last I checked we were debating on:

1) If cable card works for all programming 2d and 3d
2) Whether or not HDMI is required for 3D.
3) Whether or not HDMI 1.4 is required..
4) Whether or not a pc can take 3d signals and display it with a cover

lets not merge the debate topics as each is its own thing...so lets try to get some out of the way...
Uh, no. None of that is a debate, those are undisputable facts. The debate was if people cared about 3D or not, and you twisted it into some nonsense about converting a tv into 3D using a $25 cover on the screen.

Quote:
1) Can we agree that cable card is just an authentication and is irrelevant what content is being transmitted as its just an authentication?
Absolutely not. Because the authentication depends on the equipment being used. Yes, a cable card is for the authentication. But you are out of your mind if you don't think the equipment being used matters.

Quote:
2) I am guessing your still going to say HDMI is required...
Yes, HDMI is absolutely required. Show me a 3D bluray player, cable box, satellite receiver, or AV receiver that is 3D compatible that doesn't have HDMI. In fact, you should promise not to post again in this thread until you do that.

Quote:
3) I think we came to an agreement here that 1.4 is not the only one capable of 3D....
Yes it is. At least as far as bluray, cable, satellite, and AV receivers, and so on are concerned.

Quote:
4) I am guessing your gonna disagree with this too...
No man, lol. Even the people in that link having the problems had HDMI. On SOME devices (not all) you can upgrade the firmware on a 1.3 HDMI device and make it 3D compatible. But the official spec requirement is HDMI 1.4.

Quote:
so can we get 1 and 3 out of the way?
I agree a cablecard authenticates. I disagree that it gives 3D functionality even without meeting the 3D specs. And I flat out disagree that HDMI 1.4 is not a requirement for 3D. At least as far as bluray, cable, satellite, and AV receivers are concerned (AKA all the ways people get 3D movies and tv programming). And I also maintain that simply putting a screen cover on your tv won't make it a 3D tv.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
No they don't, lol. They transmit data that is later converted to a 3D video. You can't connect your tv into a cable line and get a 3D channel without a receiver. Why? Because they aren't sending a 3D video stream. They are sending something else that is later converted.
That's exactly what I've been saying.its just data..and once I get the data I can do whatever I want as long as it complies with DRM (if used)

Quote:
Good luck getting a PS3, bluray player, directv box, cable box, or anything else for that matter, to send a 3D video stream to your PC. And if you somehow get it to, good luck sending that 3D video stream to your tv.
As you said previously..its just data..once I get it on my pc via cable card + RF tuner I can then play it..as for playing it on TV..that is no different then hooking up a monitor..

Quote:
Wrong again. The Evo 3D does not stream 3D video to my pc. Yes, I can manually transfer a video file to my PC (and my PC won't know what to do with it so it won't play it properly). I could probably force my computer to play it anyway, but I would be left with 2 images side by side (the same as the Evo 3D review videos where they forced their computer to play the 3D videos). So even if you put some screen cover on your tv, your tv would still need to be programmed somehow to know how to process the 3D videos. But if I connect my Evo to my computer it will not stream a 3D video to it.
I never said stream from your evo 3d to pc! and yes I would get it in side by side format..then that would be transcoded to display in a way that the 3d filter works...

Quote:
Sony. So? Go buy a Panasonic bluray player and it won't work either.
Sony makes the specs for bluray..whoever you buy from the specs comply to bluray..

Quote:
So? Are you planning on moving to China or something? The fact of the matter is, if you are going to convert your tv to 3D, you need a lot more than a $25 cover for the screen, as you ridiculously claimed.
As I said before..the 25$ is for a cellphone sized cover..not a TV sized one...

Quote:
It absolutely is too a requirement. Like I said, prove it. Go get a bluray player, cable box, satellite receiver, PS3, or whatever, and see if you can connect it via any other means other than HDMI and get a 3D signal to display. I already know the answer to this. You keep giving your best guess and pretending it's a fact, but it's not. It's your best guess, and it's wrong. I own a 3D tv and I am telling you, you're wrong. Go find anyone else that owns one and see if they agree with you. The TV has to know how to process the video. And the device sending the video to it has to know that it is sending the correct format.
The TV is not doing the processing in this case..my pc is...and yes I guarantee you I can get a 3D stream via Display Port or DVI for gear that support it...

Quote:
That does not say it's compatible with 3D bluray. This one does:
Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player: Televisions & Video
Nice try, but not quite there yet. Even if that was compatible with 3D bluray (which I'm almost positive it is not or else it would say) there is not a tv around that would connect to it and accept a signal from it.
you asked me for a bluray player.not a 3d one...

here?

Buffalo serves up USB-powered portable 3D Blu-ray player in Japan -- Engadget

Quote:
I have yet to prove? LOL! How about you prove something. I can say without a doubt that you have never used ANY 3D device, EVER. You are here talking out of your rear end and claiming it's a fact. I posted a link showing you many, many people who were actually using a 3D tv having all kinds of problems getting it to work through a series of devices that probably actually meet the 3D spec- certainly a lot closer to meeting it than your proposed setup. And you are somehow clinging to that as some kind of proof that your setup will work? LOL! All I can tell you is to prove it. Go buy your $25 cover for your tv, subscribe to the 3D channels from the cable company, and post a video of it working. We both know that won't happen. We both know that CAN'T happen. But you seem to like to argue so you refuse to admit it.
Ok, you gave me a link yourself trying to prove that its not possible and that link people said it is possible and did it...and claimed the problem was on comcasts end..

I already proved to you that it was done with the link that you gave..so you have yet to prove otherwise...

Quote:
What 3D gear? You said all you need is a $25 cover for your tv and your PC will do the rest. Backtracking now?
As I said its only 25$ for cellphone size..and Im not going to waste money to prove a fact...

Quote:
It absolutely WAS their setup's fault. If you read the thread, the way the problem got solved was by using a Comcast box- which then gave the option to subscribe to the channels.
See this is where your skipping what the person said..he said he got a black screen on his Tivo..so he got a box from comcast directly and tried it and it gave him an error telling him he needs an activation code...he then called comcast, got the code and activated it..then took out the box and put his cable card tivo and it worked..so the problem was never the cable card tivo...and he said you dont need to get the cable box from comcast, just need to get the code and it works, afterwards people tried it and confirmed it worked...

so stop twisting what people say to prove your point...

Quote:
Uh, no. None of that is a debate, those are undisputable facts. The debate was if people cared about 3D or not, and you twisted it into some nonsense about converting a tv into 3D using a $25 cover on the screen.
I just said that you can get a 25$ screen for cellphones and monitors...as for TVs I clearly said its easier to just buy a 3D tv...

Quote:
Absolutely not. Because the authentication depends on the equipment being used. Yes, a cable card is for the authentication. But you are out of your mind if you don't think the equipment being used matters.
As I told you 100x it relies on the GPU...

Quote:
Yes, HDMI is absolutely required. Show me a 3D bluray player, cable box, satellite receiver, or AV receiver that is 3D compatible that doesn't have HDMI. In fact, you should promise not to post again in this thread until you do that.
Buffalo serves up USB-powered portable 3D Blu-ray player in Japan -- Engadget

Quote:
No man, lol. Even the people in that link having the problems had HDMI. On SOME devices (not all) you can upgrade the firmware on a 1.3 HDMI device and make it 3D compatible. But the official spec requirement is HDMI 1.4.

I agree a cablecard authenticates. I disagree that it gives 3D functionality even without meeting the 3D specs. And I flat out disagree that HDMI 1.4 is not a requirement for 3D. At least as far as bluray, cable, satellite, and AV receivers are concerned (AKA all the ways people get 3D movies and tv programming). And I also maintain that simply putting a screen cover on your tv won't make it a 3D tv.
Display port:

DisplayPort v1.2 finalized: 3D, multi-monitor & USB/ethernet support - SlashGear

its a competitor to HDMI and does 3D >.>

--------

And to show it off here is proof that this setup is easily possible:

Cool: 3D Blurays using Media Center - WITHOUT a 3d TV - Australian Media Center Community

All the filter does is remove need for glasses to make it glasses free 3d...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
That's exactly what I've been saying.its just data..and once I get the data I can do whatever I want as long as it complies with DRM (if used)
Wrong. We can keep going back and forth on this all night. I'll keep saying it- prove it. Do it. Show me. Or show me where anyone else has ever done it.

Quote:
As you said previously..its just data..once I get it on my pc via cable card + RF tuner I can then play it..as for playing it on TV..that is no different then hooking up a monitor..
It's just data, correct. And like all data, it has to be read by the required (read: spec) equipment.

Quote:
I never said stream from your evo 3d to pc! and yes I would get it in side by side format..then that would be transcoded to display in a way that the 3d filter works...
Your monitor needs more than a cover in order to play a 3d movie too. Unless you are talking about looking at a super glossy video that shows 2 side by side images. Like I said- show me. I'm telling you that you're wrong, you're claiming to know that you are correct. We're at a stalemate. Prove it.

Quote:
Sony makes the specs for bluray..whoever you buy from the specs comply to bluray..
So? Again, there ARE specs for it, and they are the same specs that are now used by all the cable and satellite providers. You're claiming you can get around these specs with only a simple cover glued to the front of your tv screen. I'm calling BS on that ridiculous claim and asking you to prove it.

Quote:
As I said before..the 25$ is for a cellphone sized cover..not a TV sized one...
And as I said before, you need a lot more than a cover in order to make 3D work. That is according to the official required specs for 3D. You keep claiming otherwise, so prove it already. Show me this magical cover and the company's claim that it is ALL you need in order to make your tv 3D, and compatible with all the cable and satellite providers, bluray 3D players, and 3D AV receivers..

Quote:
The TV is not doing the processing in this case..my pc is...and yes I guarantee you I can get a 3D stream via Display Port or DVI for gear that support it...
Prove it then. Show me. I am calling BS on it. And I am absolutely positive that once you attempt it, you will realize just how wrong you were.

Quote:
you asked me for a bluray player.not a 3d one...
Well I figured since we were discussing 3D, it was common sense that I was referring to a 3D bluray player.

Vaporware. It's still in preorder status almost a year after the date on that blog post. It will never see the light of day. Why? Because it doesn't meet the required specs that they have to meet in order to get licensed bluray 3D support.

Quote:
Ok, you gave me a link yourself trying to prove that its not possible and that link people said it is possible and did it...and claimed the problem was on comcasts end..
No, I gave you a link to a bunch of people who could NOT get it to work. SOME of them got ONE channel to work. NONE of them got EVERYTHING working, and some of them NEVER got ANYTHING to work. And, again, these guys were using real equipment and real 3D tv's. They weren't trying to connect their computer to the cable line and route it to a 2D tv with some magical sheet glued to the front of it that supposedly makes it 3D. They had HDMI connections to a real 3D tv. The only reason whatsoever that they had any trouble at all was because the cable card they were using would not activate correctly since they were using a Tivo. Now imagine that cablecard on a PC, connected using some rigged (not HDMI) connection, to a 2D tv with a magical cover glued to the front. lol, good luck with that. .

Quote:
I already proved to you that it was done with the link that you gave..so you have yet to prove otherwise...
What do you mean I have yet to prove otherwise? Not ONE person in that link was using a magical screen cover on a 2D tv. Not ONE of them was using a PC in the manner you are talking about. Nice try at twisting facts though.

Quote:
As I said its only 25$ for cellphone size..and Im not going to waste money to prove a fact...
No need to. We both know the fact here is that it would NOT work.

Quote:
See this is where your skipping what the person said..he said he got a black screen on his Tivo..so he got a box from comcast directly and tried it and it gave him an error telling him he needs an activation code...he then called comcast, got the code and activated it..then took out the box and put his cable card tivo and it worked..so the problem was never the cable card tivo...and he said you dont need to get the cable box from comcast, just need to get the code and it works, afterwards people tried it and confirmed it worked...
I am not skipping anything. Again, I said from the start the problem was when Comcast tried to activate that cable card. And again, it worked just fine on 2D, the only problem was with the 3D.

Quote:
so stop twisting what people say to prove your point...
Says the guy who just posted a link to a 2D bluray player as some sort of proof that you don't need HDMI for 3D bluray...

Quote:
I just said that you can get a 25$ screen for cellphones and monitors...as for TVs I clearly said its easier to just buy a 3D tv...
Bull. If you think it's easier to just buy a 3D tv, then what the heck are you arguing for several pages for?

Quote:
As I told you 100x it relies on the GPU...
It relies on more than that. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly plays PAL videos. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly has the resolution and refresh rate to play 3D videos. And you can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly knows how to handle a side by side video.

That's twice you posted a link to a bluray player that has been in preorder status for a year. Like I said earlier in this post- it's vaporware. It will never see the light of day. Unless they modify it to actually meet the required spec, it won't ever be released.

Quote:
Display port:

DisplayPort v1.2 finalized: 3D, multi-monitor & USB/ethernet support - SlashGear

its a competitor to HDMI and does 3D >.>
It doesn't do 3D with Satellite, cable, bluray, or any AV receivers. You might be able to format some video file stored on your hard drive and get it to play, but you won't be watching live 3D tv with it.

Quote:
And to show it off here is proof that this setup is easily possible:

Cool: 3D Blurays using Media Center - WITHOUT a 3d TV - Australian Media Center Community
Yes but they are using active shutter glasses and a sync module to sync them, on a computer monitor which has the required resolution and refresh rate. Not at all the same thing as putting some magical cover on a regular tv screen with nothing else.

Quote:
All the filter does is remove need for glasses to make it glasses free 3d...
No. BS. Show me. There is no cover you can put on your tv that will make it suddenly 3D compatible. If there was such a magical cover, everyone would buy one for their 70 inch tv instead of spending 5 grand + on a smaller 3D tv.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im sorry to report that gten has just jumped off tallest building in the world after ripping his hair out over this whole conversation in this thread. jk
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Wrong. We can keep going back and forth on this all night. I'll keep saying it- prove it. Do it. Show me. Or show me where anyone else has ever done it.

It's just data, correct. And like all data, it has to be read by the required (read: spec) equipment.
And why do you assume my equipment is not right?

Quote:
Your monitor needs more than a cover in order to play a 3d movie too. Unless you are talking about looking at a super glossy video that shows 2 side by side images. Like I said- show me. I'm telling you that you're wrong, you're claiming to know that you are correct. We're at a stalemate. Prove it.
As I said before..there are multiple methods of displaying 3d..I dont see why its so shocking that there is another method that allows it..the current 3d tech revolves around same concept of making your 2 eyes see different things...so as long as you have the 2 sliding screens and you display it accordingly to the 3d cover it will work...

Quote:
So? Again, there ARE specs for it, and they are the same specs that are now used by all the cable and satellite providers. You're claiming you can get around these specs with only a simple cover glued to the front of your tv screen. I'm calling BS on that ridiculous claim and asking you to prove it.
There are multiple specs for 3D..HDMI is just one of the interfaces...but not the only interface...

Quote:
And as I said before, you need a lot more than a cover in order to make 3D work. That is according to the official required specs for 3D. You keep claiming otherwise, so prove it already. Show me this magical cover and the company's claim that it is ALL you need in order to make your tv 3D, and compatible with all the cable and satellite providers, bluray 3D players, and 3D AV receivers..
Who made up these "imaginary" specs for 3D..tell me...behind every spec there is commission..who is the commission for this? don't tell me HDMI..cause they are a commission...but not the one who made the specs for 3D...

There are multiple 3d specs...HDMI is just compatible with multiple of these specs(not all but most)..that doesn't mean its the ONLY compatible interface...

Quote:
Prove it then. Show me. I am calling BS on it. And I am absolutely positive that once you attempt it, you will realize just how wrong you were.
Are you saying DisplayPort is lying when it claims streaming 3d?

Quote:
Vaporware. It's still in preorder status almost a year after the date on that blog post. It will never see the light of day. Why? Because it doesn't meet the required specs that they have to meet in order to get licensed bluray 3D support.
fine here..interface is SATA:

Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x Blu-Ray Burner / DVD SATA Optical Drive w/ 3D: BD-5300S-0B (Black, Bulk)

Quote:
No, I gave you a link to a bunch of people who could NOT get it to work. SOME of them got ONE channel to work. NONE of them got EVERYTHING working, and some of them NEVER got ANYTHING to work. And, again, these guys were using real equipment and real 3D tv's. They weren't trying to connect their computer to the cable line and route it to a 2D tv with some magical sheet glued to the front of it that supposedly makes it 3D. They had HDMI connections to a real 3D tv. The only reason whatsoever that they had any trouble at all was because the cable card they were using would not activate correctly since they were using a Tivo. Now imagine that cablecard on a PC, connected using some rigged (not HDMI) connection, to a 2D tv with a magical cover glued to the front. lol, good luck with that. .
The link you gave me, everyone after the guy posted the solution got it to work.and they only cared about 1 channel..not 1 person claimed they got 1 channel to work and not another...and my setup has more chances of working because I have control...I mean lets look at it this way...how many times did manufacturers say X is impossible on a cellphone and devs get it working?

Quote:
What do you mean I have yet to prove otherwise? Not ONE person in that link was using a magical screen cover on a 2D tv. Not ONE of them was using a PC in the manner you are talking about. Nice try at twisting facts though.
I am not twisting any facts..but you are in this sentence..I was talking about cable card in this point..not the 2d or 3d screens...thats a different point...

Quote:
I am not skipping anything. Again, I said from the start the problem was when Comcast tried to activate that cable card. And again, it worked just fine on 2D, the only problem was with the 3D.
so you conveniently skipped how the 3D channel was registered as a "premium channel" thus they needed a code to make it work? if it was a 2D premium channel same would have happened...

Quote:
Says the guy who just posted a link to a 2D bluray player as some sort of proof that you don't need HDMI for 3D bluray...
I gave you what you asked for..you now asked for a 3D one and now I gave you a 3d one...your turn to provide some proof..

Quote:
Bull. If you think it's easier to just buy a 3D tv, then what the heck are you arguing for several pages for?
And its easier for people to buy an Android phone over porting Android to a TP2..doesn't mean it cant be done..but the original point was to prove that 3d tech we use now is a gimmick and not real 3d....

These "specs" you speak of exist to trick you into buying new hardware for things that you can do with current hardware...

Quote:
It relies on more than that. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly plays PAL videos. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly has the resolution and refresh rate to play 3D videos. And you can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly knows how to handle a side by side video.

It doesn't do 3D with Satellite, cable, bluray, or any AV receivers. You might be able to format some video file stored on your hard drive and get it to play, but you won't be watching live 3D tv with it.
If you noticed..windows media center did processing of the side by side images into a format readable by 3d...and guess what windows media center is cable card compatible...what are the odd

Quote:
Yes but they are using active shutter glasses and a sync module to sync them, on a computer monitor which has the required resolution and refresh rate. Not at all the same thing as putting some magical cover on a regular tv screen with nothing else.
yes..a high resolution TV with 120hz+ refresh rate..where in the world will I find one of those..oh wait...

The cover though removes the need for the refresh rate and the glasses...

Quote:
No. BS. Show me. There is no cover you can put on your tv that will make it suddenly 3D compatible. If there was such a magical cover, everyone would buy one for their 70 inch tv instead of spending 5 grand + on a smaller 3D tv.
They dont come in those large sizes..yet...

DigInfo TV - Pic3D Film Makes Any LCD Display 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im sorry to report that gten has just jumped off tallest building in the world after ripping his hair out over this whole conversation in this thread. jk
its ok, you know I am used to 10x more then this ..
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
I know what a cable card is, lol.

If you read that thread, the Tivo was not the problem. He (and several others) actually got the Tivo working. The problem was when Comcast tried to activate that cable card. And none of them ever did get it fully functioning. They could get some programming, but not all.

Like I said, it doesn't meet the required specs for 3D (which require an HDMI 1.4 connection to a device that identifies itself as being a 3D device). Someone actually mentioned this in that thread too. So you may get lucky and get it to work here and there with some things, but it is not supported and will probably not work with most things.

I read the same articles Gten has and purchased a std 1.3 from Cmple on Amazon and works perfectly w/my 3D Blue Ray and 3D TV. From everything I read .... 3D TV FAQ | Crave - CNET it's all BS and turned out to be right. Glad I saved my $$$
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

This thread deserves its own front page article.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison