PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

I just read that the Galaxy S II is coming to Sprint. It will be called Within?

I just got my 3D last month.

Anyone of you here switching over to S II?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Not me. Samsung makes awesome TVs. But don't trust their phones! Epic sucks and the others did too............. My 2 cents
Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just returned my second 3D for another 3D last night - first it wouldn't turn on all the way through the startup sequence got to about 10 seconds of being on (not even close to making it through all the Sprint nonsense) before it would die. I hard reset it by using the volume down during turn on so I could reset it to factory defaults and it would fully boot again. However the phone would randomly turn off or make phone calls after that so I got another one today. I hadn't even installed a single app so it was doing the random reboots on a stock set up.

I have until the 29th to return it which I'll very likely do. It is a great phone but there seem to be some manufacturing issues.

I hope they have it the SGSII tomorrow as some rumors suggest.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Not planning to get the SGSII, I love my Evo 3D.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 07-25-2011, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Seriously? Another apple in front of this donkey!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeeddemon99 View Post
Not me. Samsung makes awesome TVs. But don't trust their phones! Epic sucks and the others did too............. My 2 cents
Did you actually use an Epic? I have one, and it definetly doesn't suck! Blows the Evo away especially in gpu stats.Also have a samsung tv that rocks.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Did you actually use an Epic? I have one, and it definetly doesn't suck! Blows the Evo away especially in gpu stats.Also have a samsung tv that rocks.

Can't deal with Sammy. I work at Best Buy an the Epic is always a return phone. We rarely have EVO returns. Sammy is a bright screen but buggy software, Support for the phone is horrible an to the regular customer who knows nothing about rooting they hate that the it takes forever for a software update to come to fix the problems with the phone. Now that SGSII i believe will be a powerhouse of a phone so i wont knock it until i get my hands on one but until Sammy shows me differently an not just try an catch my attention with a bright screen i'll stick with my 3D
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Played with one in Germany, buggy off the bat. My evo personally hasn't had any issues, and I like there's update support, so far. Both phones look awesome in their own right though. Bet id be happy with it if that's what I had, haha. Even without sense, which I like a lot. I'm not thinking of switching at all.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
There is no way I'd give up my Evo 3D for a Galaxy S 2.

Now that rumored 3D Samsung phone, I might be interested in that if the specs were right. But I like taking 3D pictures and videos way too much to go back to a 2D phone.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 AM
N00b

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Yes I actually used the Samsung epic.... I also actually used the Samsung galaxy S on T-Mobile. Only thing i DID like about them the screens were awesome. But the EVO 3D fixed that. When i had my EVO 4G the ppl with the Samsung phones liked it better. BTW its almost 2012 who uses phones with physical keyboards nowadays?!?! LMAO sorry I had to. Samsung LED TVs are awesome tho!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison