View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Wrong. We can keep going back and forth on this all night. I'll keep saying it- prove it. Do it. Show me. Or show me where anyone else has ever done it.

It's just data, correct. And like all data, it has to be read by the required (read: spec) equipment.
And why do you assume my equipment is not right?

Quote:
Your monitor needs more than a cover in order to play a 3d movie too. Unless you are talking about looking at a super glossy video that shows 2 side by side images. Like I said- show me. I'm telling you that you're wrong, you're claiming to know that you are correct. We're at a stalemate. Prove it.
As I said before..there are multiple methods of displaying 3d..I dont see why its so shocking that there is another method that allows it..the current 3d tech revolves around same concept of making your 2 eyes see different things...so as long as you have the 2 sliding screens and you display it accordingly to the 3d cover it will work...

Quote:
So? Again, there ARE specs for it, and they are the same specs that are now used by all the cable and satellite providers. You're claiming you can get around these specs with only a simple cover glued to the front of your tv screen. I'm calling BS on that ridiculous claim and asking you to prove it.
There are multiple specs for 3D..HDMI is just one of the interfaces...but not the only interface...

Quote:
And as I said before, you need a lot more than a cover in order to make 3D work. That is according to the official required specs for 3D. You keep claiming otherwise, so prove it already. Show me this magical cover and the company's claim that it is ALL you need in order to make your tv 3D, and compatible with all the cable and satellite providers, bluray 3D players, and 3D AV receivers..
Who made up these "imaginary" specs for 3D..tell me...behind every spec there is commission..who is the commission for this? don't tell me HDMI..cause they are a commission...but not the one who made the specs for 3D...

There are multiple 3d specs...HDMI is just compatible with multiple of these specs(not all but most)..that doesn't mean its the ONLY compatible interface...

Quote:
Prove it then. Show me. I am calling BS on it. And I am absolutely positive that once you attempt it, you will realize just how wrong you were.
Are you saying DisplayPort is lying when it claims streaming 3d?

Quote:
Vaporware. It's still in preorder status almost a year after the date on that blog post. It will never see the light of day. Why? Because it doesn't meet the required specs that they have to meet in order to get licensed bluray 3D support.
fine here..interface is SATA:

Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x Blu-Ray Burner / DVD SATA Optical Drive w/ 3D: BD-5300S-0B (Black, Bulk)

Quote:
No, I gave you a link to a bunch of people who could NOT get it to work. SOME of them got ONE channel to work. NONE of them got EVERYTHING working, and some of them NEVER got ANYTHING to work. And, again, these guys were using real equipment and real 3D tv's. They weren't trying to connect their computer to the cable line and route it to a 2D tv with some magical sheet glued to the front of it that supposedly makes it 3D. They had HDMI connections to a real 3D tv. The only reason whatsoever that they had any trouble at all was because the cable card they were using would not activate correctly since they were using a Tivo. Now imagine that cablecard on a PC, connected using some rigged (not HDMI) connection, to a 2D tv with a magical cover glued to the front. lol, good luck with that. .
The link you gave me, everyone after the guy posted the solution got it to work.and they only cared about 1 channel..not 1 person claimed they got 1 channel to work and not another...and my setup has more chances of working because I have control...I mean lets look at it this way...how many times did manufacturers say X is impossible on a cellphone and devs get it working?

Quote:
What do you mean I have yet to prove otherwise? Not ONE person in that link was using a magical screen cover on a 2D tv. Not ONE of them was using a PC in the manner you are talking about. Nice try at twisting facts though.
I am not twisting any facts..but you are in this sentence..I was talking about cable card in this point..not the 2d or 3d screens...thats a different point...

Quote:
I am not skipping anything. Again, I said from the start the problem was when Comcast tried to activate that cable card. And again, it worked just fine on 2D, the only problem was with the 3D.
so you conveniently skipped how the 3D channel was registered as a "premium channel" thus they needed a code to make it work? if it was a 2D premium channel same would have happened...

Quote:
Says the guy who just posted a link to a 2D bluray player as some sort of proof that you don't need HDMI for 3D bluray...
I gave you what you asked for..you now asked for a 3D one and now I gave you a 3d one...your turn to provide some proof..

Quote:
Bull. If you think it's easier to just buy a 3D tv, then what the heck are you arguing for several pages for?
And its easier for people to buy an Android phone over porting Android to a TP2..doesn't mean it cant be done..but the original point was to prove that 3d tech we use now is a gimmick and not real 3d....

These "specs" you speak of exist to trick you into buying new hardware for things that you can do with current hardware...

Quote:
It relies on more than that. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly plays PAL videos. You can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly has the resolution and refresh rate to play 3D videos. And you can't just connect your computer to your tv and it suddenly knows how to handle a side by side video.

It doesn't do 3D with Satellite, cable, bluray, or any AV receivers. You might be able to format some video file stored on your hard drive and get it to play, but you won't be watching live 3D tv with it.
If you noticed..windows media center did processing of the side by side images into a format readable by 3d...and guess what windows media center is cable card compatible...what are the odd

Quote:
Yes but they are using active shutter glasses and a sync module to sync them, on a computer monitor which has the required resolution and refresh rate. Not at all the same thing as putting some magical cover on a regular tv screen with nothing else.
yes..a high resolution TV with 120hz+ refresh rate..where in the world will I find one of those..oh wait...

The cover though removes the need for the refresh rate and the glasses...

Quote:
No. BS. Show me. There is no cover you can put on your tv that will make it suddenly 3D compatible. If there was such a magical cover, everyone would buy one for their 70 inch tv instead of spending 5 grand + on a smaller 3D tv.
They dont come in those large sizes..yet...

DigInfo TV - Pic3D Film Makes Any LCD Display 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im sorry to report that gten has just jumped off tallest building in the world after ripping his hair out over this whole conversation in this thread. jk
its ok, you know I am used to 10x more then this ..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)